Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What is "UNgoth" about you? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=5606)

Anima_Severem 05-25-2007 11:58 PM

Let's see.

I still shop at Hot Topic from time to time. Guilty as charged here, folks.

One of my favorite songs ever is by Kelly Clarkson.

I don't want to dye my hair black. I want to dye it white.

dark_dragon_of_ice 05-26-2007 01:24 AM

White hair looks awesome in anime...I wonder what it looks like in real life.

IsolatedReptile 05-26-2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice

Lame if your not eighty.

Tismine 05-26-2007 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anima_Severem
Let's see.

I still shop at Hot Topic from time to time. Guilty as charged here, folks.

One of my favorite songs ever is by Kelly Clarkson.

I don't want to dye my hair black. I want to dye it white.

Please put an Indroduction on the Introduction board. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsolatedReptile
Lame if your not eighty.

Not necessarily. I've seen it done very well, especially if the person does not have dark eyebrows.

IsolatedReptile 05-26-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tismine
Not necessarily. I've seen it done very well, especially if the person does not have dark eyebrows.

The only times I've ever seen it I thought the person looked pretty lame. Could just have something to do with the people themselves though.

Seraphynth 05-26-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice

It's one of those things where you have to have a good haircut/hairstyle and have a pretty face.
If you don't...the hair itself doesn't look bad, but when you look at the person as a whole, it looks horrible. :/

kimaru 05-26-2007 08:36 PM

There are many un-goth things about me...I'm a huge anime fan, last year I carried every one of the Manga I owned on my person at all times, even when I went to an amusment park.
I'm not pale, many of my friends have told me it's quite un-goth to not be pale.
I'm always laughing, I have even been told that i could easily be a proffesional comic.
Most of the time I preffer to listen to soft Celtic music and flutes.

That all i can think of at the moment....I haven't been on in a while because my computer broke down.

(I'm sorry if there is an excess of uncapitalized letters, I got a new key board and the shift key is really hard to use)

DeathChii 05-27-2007 09:04 AM

Is anime ungoth?? Seriously, is it?

Tismine 05-27-2007 09:13 AM

I don't think so...especially the dark ones. Or the insane ones. Though I suppose something horribly sweet (Little Snow Fairy Sugar comes to mind) would be considered 'not goth.'

DeathChii 05-27-2007 09:15 AM

Yeah, I think it depends on the anime.

kimaru 05-28-2007 06:39 AM

The anime was "Fruits Basket" it's a comedy romance. I was obsessed with it but I watch better anime now.

Seraphynth 05-28-2007 07:46 PM

One of my friends told me the other night that I'm not goth because...
I like boys enough to sleep with them. ._.
She was completely serious as well.
Since when do goths not like to have sex? O_o

Underwater Ophelia 05-29-2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraphynth
One of my friends told me the other night that I'm not goth because...
I like boys enough to sleep with them. ._.
She was completely serious as well.
Since when do goths not like to have sex? O_o

Yeah, that doesn't really make sense. Unless you're really slutty, I guess that's not goth. But then again, it kind of is, lately.

Seraphynth 05-29-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Yeah, that doesn't really make sense. Unless you're really slutty, I guess that's not goth. But then again, it kind of is, lately.

But that's the thing, I'm not really slutty. I stay with one guy and sleep with only him.
Then again, this girl is one of those hard core feminists...She despises the male half of the species (so maybe she's actually a sexist)...But I don't see how my sexual interest is "ungoth".

Cyntrox 05-29-2007 02:33 PM

Uh... Because all goths are bi/lesbian?

/stereotype

LiUsAiDh 05-29-2007 04:15 PM

I dyed my hair white last year, it looked pretty good though, I seem to remember a few people just thought I'd gone grey damn young for that though.... *rolls eyes*

IsolatedReptile 05-29-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia

I don't think it's lately. A lot of old school Gothy songs are about sex. A couple even go so far as to just put sex in the name of the band.

Underwater Ophelia 05-29-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsolatedReptile
I don't think it's lately. A lot of old school Gothy songs are about sex. A couple even go so far as to just put sex in the name of the band.

Just being into sex doesn't make you slutty, though. I meant slutty=promiscuous.

honeythorn 06-01-2007 03:46 PM

I quite like Josh groban ( dons flame proof suit )

Aaroneet 06-01-2007 06:08 PM

It might sound a bit awkward, but the most UNgoth thing about me lies not within my tastes in music, literature, or television shows. My UNgothness lies in this simple fact; that I have no self confidence and am partially a product of self-loathing.

La_Mort_Heureuse 06-02-2007 10:03 AM

I'm a huge Beatles fan, I refuse to wear crosses, and Christian Death has never appealed to me.

Also, when I'm not going anywhere except school, I wear nonblack t-shirts with nerdy jokes on them.

pressedflowers 06-02-2007 10:11 AM

I adore Hello Kitty and dance my ass off to M.I.A.

Underwater Ophelia 06-04-2007 12:12 PM

I love the beach.

Haunted House 06-05-2007 07:27 PM

I like to wake up real early and be outside for the sunrise.

DeathChii 06-05-2007 07:31 PM

That's not ungoth =P