Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's made your day? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=16268)

Ben Lahnger 02-12-2010 03:56 PM

NASA - The Shuttle crew awoke @ 4:14pm ET to the theme song from "Firefly: The Ballad of Serenity", performed by Sonny Rhodes. It was played for astronaut Bob Behnken.

Ben - And for just a minute, all seems right with the universe.

Lochnar 02-12-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger (Post 601714)
NASA - The Shuttle crew awoke @ 4:14pm ET to the theme song from "Firefly: The Ballad of Serenity", performed by Sonny Rhodes. It was played for astronaut Bob Behnken.

Fuck yeah!

Ben Lahnger 02-12-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger (Post 601714)

Comment from Whedonesque.com:

...and then the space shuttle program was canceled. Coincidence?

LMAO!

DRM 02-12-2010 11:34 PM

If all goes well, I might be dating this realy great guy soon.

Man In Room 5 02-13-2010 08:57 AM

I found 2 Bauhaus concerts I didn't already have.

Saya 02-13-2010 09:00 PM

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...on_id=20514806

This pagan lady claimed to have trapped a four thousand year old vampire in a cheap necklace and now it can be yours for half price! Well it could have been except it actually SOLD.

While it made me laugh and laugh and laugh, I realized, shit, I have a lot of worthless crap around the house, if I claim its all magicked and possessed, I could be sitting on a gold mine!

Ben Lahnger 02-13-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya (Post 601885)
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...on_id=20514806

This pagan lady claimed to have trapped a four thousand year old vampire in a cheap necklace and now it can be yours for half price! Well it could have been except it actually SOLD.

While it made me laugh and laugh and laugh, I realized, shit, I have a lot of worthless crap around the house, if I claim its all magicked and possessed, I could be sitting on a gold mine!

Saya, you made MY day with this post.

If you stumbled upon this listing, it wasn’t an accident. This Vampire may be calling you. If you feel an urge to purchase this Vampire, please don’t wait. Things happen for a reason, and your Guides have lead you to this listing. Trust your intuition.

Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah!

FlowerGirl 02-14-2010 02:20 AM

Hahah ahhahaha hahahaha. Saya. You made my day.

Random Havoc 02-14-2010 07:06 AM

OMG.. That is freakin' great.. roflmao

Ben Lahnger 02-14-2010 07:41 AM

New gems from TFLN:

(307): I submitted an essay to my history teacher comparing changes in the middle ages to the song changes by David Bowie. I can't wait to see my grade on that.

(803): just saw an anti-abortion rally outside of the courthouse...so naturally i tossed them out a coat hanger i found in my car

(201): i don't want a singing card. it disturbs my hangover. give me a pack of cigs taped to a bottle of wine and fuck me without a condom. happy vday baby.

(516): i cant remember past the part when we filled his tub with skittles.

(304): What. The. Fuck. No, you will not spank me.
(1-304): That wasn't intended for you, my bad.

(585): she told me i should dip my dick in chocolate and then let her blow me since it was her 2 favorite things. weird or my new valentine for this year?

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Random Havoc 02-14-2010 08:17 AM

(717): where'd the toddler underneathe the beer pong table come from?

From a few days ago, but still one of my favourites I've seen on there..

Ben Lahnger 02-14-2010 09:04 AM

Yeah, I probably thought about that one too much. After the initial giggle, I couldn't tell if it was comedy or tragedy.

(heartofflames) 02-14-2010 09:39 AM

Wingy-mullet man made a bomb out of a metal tube and unidentified gas!

Underwater Ophelia 02-14-2010 10:17 AM

I have a gallon jug of manischewitz. It's making my day.

Crying_Crimson_Tears 02-14-2010 10:36 AM

Breakfast in bed.

honeythorn 02-14-2010 10:51 AM

I went on a steam train and had tea and strawberries ect. YUM.

Ophelia's Snorkel 02-14-2010 01:31 PM

Went to the club and visited with a lot of friends I hadn't seen for a while. That would have completely made my night all on its own, but to top it off, Mr S got me a t-shirt that reads "I [realistic heart] ZOMBIES" for Valentine's Day. I'm going to wear it the next time I tutor at the middle school ; )

Anarasha 02-14-2010 01:35 PM

This wasn't today, but I went to a concert friday. That made my entire fucking weekend!
Though my neck is still stiff and sore :p

Ophelia's Snorkel 02-14-2010 01:45 PM

What band did you see, Anarasha?

Anarasha 02-14-2010 01:47 PM

A danish heavy metal alcohol gay polish punk band(or so they claim :P) named Red Warszawa :p
Their music is awesome and their lyrics are so weird that you can love them no matter what state of mind you are in :p
It was my first concert ever as well :D It was so awesome! :D

Ophelia's Snorkel 02-14-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarasha (Post 602010)
It was my first concert ever as well :D It was so awesome! :D

Oh, congrats! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Anarasha 02-14-2010 01:59 PM

I did most certainly enjoyed it :D It went on for 2 hours, so I ended up screaming myself to a sore throat and headbanging myself to a stiff neck :P
Another thing was that the guitarist gave some guys on the front row some guitar picks, and I was one of the ones' to get one :D Yay at that

Ben Lahnger 02-14-2010 02:50 PM

The history of Valentine's Day:

http://www.history.com/minisite.do?c...e&mini_id=1084

gothicusmaximus 02-14-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger (Post 601687)
Matt Lauer talking about getting to carry the Olympic torch:

"You put on that silly outfit, and then before you get your turn, they give you a pep talk. 'That flame is the greatest symbol for peace the world has ever known.'

I don't care how cool you are, after someone tells you that and the runner before you approaches to hand the torch over, you turn to jelly."

Invented by the Nazis!

Methadrine 02-14-2010 04:48 PM

An email made my morning, and in the evening me and a co-worker got some laughs due to some funny errors (like forgetting to turn down one of the mics so for a whole minute people heard a discussion about an iPhone app, as well as accidentally putting on the wrong feed for another minute) we did when broadcasting our radioshows, since we were both dead tired. Simply hilarious.