Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Funny Pet Stuff (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=12482)

Jaye Jang 09-24-2008 12:33 AM

Funny Pet Stuff

Today I was thinking about pets. Lost a dog one time who was a good furry bud. He had a funny habit. He liked to eat Saran Wrap. No idea why, but I used to tell my friends I had the only dog in the neigborhood with a laminated stomach.

So, funny pet stuff. My fuzzy black bud puts himself in timeout. If he has been naughty he will actually go in the bathroom, stand behind the door and stick his nose in the corner. He also faceplants on his head when he falls off stuff. (So much for cats being dignified). Funniest thing he does, however, is to attack the duck appliques in the bathtub. He will 'stalk' the duck appliques for awhile, and then dive into the tub, flail around in the water, grab a duck, haul it out of the tub, and then drip all over the floor with the duck applique death-clamped in his little jaws. What's so funny is this soaking wet cat happily waving the duck at me with a triumphant little smirk like, "It was h***, but it was worth it."

Tralis 09-24-2008 12:58 AM

Cats are always amusing.
My cat has a yen for eating rubber bands. She'll sniff them out, hunt them down, and consume them furiously. She will hoard tissue paper, defending it agianst those who would seek to take her paper by lying on it and biting anyone who comes near.

Cicero 09-24-2008 01:30 AM

My cat Paris goes all orgasmic and clingy with people. Throws his front paws around their necks, wraps his back legs around their bodies (he's a huge cat and actually manages this) then nuzzles their faces purring like a maniac. If you try to push him away he'll squirm and scratch his way right back again, then cling so hard he makes holes in your clothes (and skin). It's best when he takes new visitors and acquaintances by surprise by leaping into their arms. Somehow it's made him very popular.

My brain damaged cat Rozz is just all round hilarious. Zig-zags when he runs and usually ends up running into walls, falls over while simply standing still, and can't manage jumping onto laps so instead gives you a little 'tap tap' on the leg when he wants to be lifted. He also leans his head back really far whenever he's really stressed or really happy. Once I was holding him and he leant back so far he backflipped out of my arms... Luckily he had a soft landing.

Joker_in_the_Pack 09-24-2008 01:39 AM

My dog always tried to play checkers. She would move the pieces around with her nose. She loved meeting new people, she would dance around whenever someone walked into the house and pant happily.

Man I miss her...

Jaye Jang 09-24-2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

www.myspace.com/batcavebenders

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero, loved that. :)

chelseagirl 09-24-2008 07:34 AM

My long deceased dog was so dim that her farts scared her. She would be laying on the couch and fart loudly, and get really scared-her eyes would get big and round and she would jump off the couch and run away, looking behind her. It was priceless.

My little min pin has a strange pooping ritual. He spins in circles beforehand, then while pooping, lifts one back leg up in the air. He HAS to have one back leg off the ground whenever he poops. It's comical to watch.

Solumina 09-24-2008 09:34 AM

My brother's cat had a few issues, poor thing was terrified of her own tail, she would be happily sitting there and then catch sight of her tail out of the corner of her eye, jump up, and try to run away from it. She also had a habit of climbing up trees but never really learned how to climb down, good thing we had a nice, long extension ladder...though we did en up having to cut down one tree to get her out of it. Other than that she was a sweetheart and was especially fond of curling up beside/on you while you were reading, problem was that she was allergic to something in book bindings so her nose would get runny and drip on the pages.

Jaye Jang 09-24-2008 11:07 AM

My cat tried to teach a dog how to use a litter box one time. Bummer was I thought I caught it on a vid and it came out awful, but it was sooo funny. (I was house sitting for some friends out in the country, and that included taking care of their collie, who is beautiful and curious-- but dumb as a post. So, the dog kept watching my cat use the litter box and decided to try it out. Now picture this, a full-sized collie trying to climb into a covered litter box, with a door no less, and my cat casually watching the whole thing and trying to give the dog pointers. The funniest thing was when the dog got stuck and my cat 'helped' him into the box (well, sort of), by sticking one of his amazingly long claws (he has claws like a wolverine) into the dog's butt. I finally got a box and filled it with litter to see what the dog would do. He tried it, yelped loudly, ran outside for the nearest tree, and then came up to me with a painful look on his beautiful face like as if to say, 'Cats actually use that awful thing to p*** in. What?!! Are they -- nuts or something??').

Saya 09-24-2008 11:31 AM

One of my rats, Shiro, will take on any cat. Once my old roommate's cat was trying to get at the baby rat, Shiro lept out of my lap onto the cat's back, she freaked and ran around and he held on like a little cowboy XD.

The cat is okay, and so are the rats ^_^ Except they are getting old now, sleeping most of the time and losing their fur. Sigh.

TurquoiseXx 09-25-2008 12:47 AM

We have a cat named Sweety that stays inside and outside and sometimes we leave the door open... So one day while my mom was on the phone, Sweety decided to bring her a little present that she carried in her mouth (a live mouse). My mom looked at Sweety and was wondering what she had in her mouth. Sweety came closer to her, dropped the mouse by her feet and the next thing you know, the thing was still alive and running around the house. My mom freaked out and immediately got off the phone. The mouse managed to escape, but we don't know where exactly it went. It could have gone in the basement or outside. I'm actually hoping that it went outside, since it's safer.

I thought it was cute and funny at the same time. Gotta love cats :P

Fatbaby 09-25-2008 10:12 AM

My little dog hates birds. She will see them flying overhead and run after them barking. She got into this at the beach. But now she has begun climbing trees. She leaps up to the crook of the tree and unsteadily advances out on a limb where she barks at the birds scaring them out of the tree, then leaps to the ground (sometimes twelve to fifteen feet) to chase them away.