Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Literature (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What Are You Reading? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=517)

katsumy 12-04-2005 05:18 AM

I'm reading "Entre el amor y otros demonios" -Betuine love and other demons-. Is just for skool work...I'm not a big fan of reading books...:(

Scythan 12-04-2005 12:42 PM

I'm reading a Magic: The Gathering book. The first one in the Ravnica cycle. I find that they are well written, and I may start collecting them.

LightPollution07 12-05-2005 06:10 AM

Im reading William Blake, mostly. He's really brilliant.

gotik-devil 12-05-2005 01:40 PM

I didn't have too much time to read a book, except the college's books. But i was reading 'A History Of The Breast' of Marilyn Yalom and until now i'm finding it really interesting.

Shadowed Aegis 12-07-2005 07:10 AM

Last book I read was the last book in the Otherland series by Tad Williams (GREAT series). Been trying to find what I did with the first two parts of Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars so I could reread them (also great). Planning on picking up a copy of Snowcrash whenever I find time to hit Chapters.

gothictuesday 12-07-2005 09:23 AM

the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton

Saya 12-07-2005 05:08 PM

I finished reading my first romance novel, "Dark Gold", which I only read because it was about vampires. It sucked. The sex scenes weren't even that hot because she used the word "velvet" to describe everything. I was sad because it otherwise had an interesting story, but there was so much bad sex...

Now I'm reading the Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

endemonidia 12-08-2005 06:27 AM

Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman. It has cobwebs on the cover, is about the two sons of a Spider God and was purchased at an official Neil Gaiman book reading/interview/signing - I really had no choice.

Dark Taco Mess 12-08-2005 11:09 PM

The Grace Project by BJ Worth, about a guy with a terminal disease who must find this spiritual doctor to cure him. Very dark, with a great ending.

soggypicklemuncher 12-09-2005 07:23 AM

Cloudsplitter by Russell Banks. It's a historical fiction novel based on actual events in the life of the abolitionist John Brown. It's told from the perspective of one of Brown's sons that wasn't killed in battle or hanged, in older age in the form of writing letters to a historian that came to his cabin and asked him about his father.

I've enjoyed reading it so far, and I have about 200 pages left to go. I'm reading it so I can discuss it with a family friend and do some writing to get me back in gear to go finish high school.

ThwanCondu 12-10-2005 01:25 PM

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Quite hilarious.

Teardrop 12-11-2005 02:45 PM

I'm reading Bitten by Kelley Armstrong. It's been described as 'doing for werewolves what Anne Rice did for vampires' and I must say it's quite good.

syn 12-12-2005 09:50 AM

I'm reading The Lone Drow by R.A. Salvatore

horrorgirl 12-12-2005 09:58 AM

Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens

Wise Child 12-12-2005 04:18 PM

I'm reading The Magic Toyshop by Angela Carter, it's wicked - really dark and twisted, and beautiful at the same time. Yeah, yeah, I know how pretentious I sound, but it's true all the same!

Lounar Wolf 12-12-2005 04:52 PM

I'm reading some stupid books called Spiderwick. Then I'm going to read The Giver and the next two books.

·Kaôh· 12-12-2005 06:48 PM

I've just finished "Gehenna: The Final Night" by Ari Marmell. It's good, if you ever knew the old WoD by White Wolf and read the Clan Novels. But I don't know what to read right now, I can't find anything that I like (I guess I'm "judging a book by it's cover"), but I'd appreciate that someone would be cooperative enough to give me some titles of books s/he liked, so I can check them.

·Kaôh· 12-12-2005 06:53 PM

Ooops. Sorry. Didn't see there's a thread about that. Ignore the second part of my last post. (couldn't edit it)

syn 12-13-2005 05:04 AM

If you like fantasy then the Wheel of Time serise by Robert Jordan is good. I'm reading them in between my R.A. Salvatore books.

preppygirl500 12-13-2005 05:36 AM

Invasion of the Boy Snatchers

Right now, I'm reading Invasion of the Boy Snatchers by Lisi Harrison for the 2nd time. It's.....like......really awesome possum! :)

Blushing Heliophobe 12-13-2005 06:55 AM

Hmmm... Preppy Girl? You should probably introduce yourself.

By the way, just out of curiousity, why did you pick that name?

I'm all about accepting others, but...I'm just curious if you did that on purpose or took a wrong turn?

Blushing Heliophobe 12-13-2005 06:57 AM

I'm reading Search for a Messiah, a book about Old Testament prophecy and the Dead Sea scrolls.