Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Happy 2013 (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=31301)

ape descendant 12-31-2012 09:32 PM

Happy 2013

Any cool stories? Or am I the only one sitting at home? ;)

BourbonBoy 12-31-2012 09:53 PM

You're not the only one. I'm going to have a shot of whiskey to mark the new year and finish the animated film Heavy Metal. After that, beddy bed time ;)

Saya 12-31-2012 10:22 PM

I'm just staying home. I've decided to not drink anymore and that's kinda taken a toll on my social life XD

Miss Absynthe 12-31-2012 10:44 PM

I stayed home, which I enjoyed. I was meant to go to a play-party in Canberra, but my lift there fell through.. and I'm a little bit glad that it did.

First song of 2013 - Broken Crown, Mumford & Sons.
First TV show of 2013 - Lie To Me (S02,e11).
First noms of 2013 - chocolate wafer sticks and tea.
First person spoken with in 2013 - Ulf.

Jaye Jang 01-01-2013 03:11 AM

Working. Worked until 9 yesterday morning, and now back working. Finally got a break (it's after 4 a.m.) With luck, only 4 and a half more hours to go. Yay. Happy me. Family had to work earlier, so New Year's dinner was like Thanksgiving and Christmas -- on the fly. Decided not to do the traditional Southern New Year's dinner this year and just did Southwestern, since it's quicker and easier to prepare. Got to go back to work now. Work station is beeping. Means there's either a stat calling my name or one of my coworkers is IMing with a question about something. Have a Happy New Year and a great 2013, all. *waves bye*

Fruitbat 01-01-2013 05:55 PM

Took babybat to see the 9pm fireworks, and he was so cute "That's the biggest firework I've ever seen in my entire life." (he hasn't seen fireworks before).

Past partying, just rather sit and watch the sun rise and marvel at the beauty of nature and be happy that I'm healthy and i don't live in a warzone.

AshleyO 01-02-2013 01:06 PM

The start of my New Year was that Hitchens decided to take a shit on our couch at the stroke of midnight. Puurrfect shit timing.

MissCheyenne 01-03-2013 04:25 AM

My new year started with some douchebag knocking my glasses off my face. My glasses got flung across the pub and trampled over and broken so I had to go home at about quarter past midnight as I couldn't see properly.

Jaye Jang 01-03-2013 01:11 PM

MC, I hope you have a spare pair. Too bad you can't get the 'oafish one' to replace those.

(I don't have to imagine what my life would be like without my 'eyes.' Just proved it to myself simply by thinking I could read just as well without them. Was looking at the church bulletin, which stated that one of the songs we would be singing this week was an 'old favorite hymn.' Without my glasses I couldn't imagine why a song with that title would even be in the hymnal, much less be sung in a church!! When I put my glasses on, to my chagrin the title was actually "It May Be At Morn." Without them, it looked like "I May Be A Moron." Needless to say, I won't be reading without my 'specs' anymore). *blush, blush*