Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hello! Another newbie in the forum! (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=25297)

TheDarkCryLove 09-06-2011 10:31 AM

true lolli goth is more femail but since i havnt been reading much japanese lately my japanese is a little rusty. i apolagise for the slight mis-interpritation for lolli goth but it is just the same as baby bat.

do you want me to try and say what goth you are most like?

Spooky Spencer 09-06-2011 10:32 AM

Are you goth-blocking, Alan?

TheDarkCryLove 09-06-2011 10:36 AM

EleganBlack i apologise for the argument on your post, it is not often i am infuriated to the extent i am now.
perhaps we should move this argument else where for EleganBlacks sake?

Spooky Spencer 09-06-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkCryLove (Post 677685)
do you want me to try and say what goth you are most like?

Sure!

Hey, I know what I like. My mom was the QUEEN of Halloween, and we used to picnic next to a cemetery on Sundays. I know there's a lot of other people out there (some very OLD) who know more about this stuff than I do.

At least I'm asking, right?

TheDarkCryLove 09-06-2011 10:40 AM

well to be honest saying you like comfortability give me much to go on, few goths enjoy being in tight restricting clothes 24/7, i know i am often in black jumpers and trackies when i am just home yes i where different clothes going out.

TheDarkCryLove 09-06-2011 10:43 AM

*sorry i meant to say doesn't give me much to go on

Spooky Spencer 09-06-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkCryLove (Post 677693)
*sorry i meant to say doesn't give me much to go on

What else can I tell you? I just started middle school, I like horror movies, I inherited my mom's collection of creepy decorations (mostly cool little statues of the grim reaper) and have them all over my room, I LOVE taking pictures in cemeteries and of statuary. I know music is a big deal and I'm starting to get into it (someone just suggested a whole bunch of punk bands for me to try) but mostly I listen to horror soundtracks like "The Rite" and anything by Midnight Syndicate.

Does that help?

TheDarkCryLove 09-06-2011 10:59 AM

it is still little to go on after all most goths love those things
the closest thing to what you describe is the geek goth, they wach execive amounts of movies, they focus less on the fashion and more on the dark fantesy part of goth.
but dont worry geek goths are often people who are creative and open minded to others and all goths are a little geek goth since we all devote our life to goth

Spooky Spencer 09-06-2011 11:10 AM

Yeah, I don't really think I'll get into eye liner or fingernail polish. Geek goth sounds better to me than lolli goth anyway.

I might get into the Victoian clothing some day since I'm in a historic tourist town where they do reenactments for Civil war battles and turn of the century stuff like Sleepy Hollow.

Also, what's so cool about restrictive clothing? It must be about the look because it doesn't look comfortable to wear.

MissCheyenne 09-06-2011 11:13 AM

Oh god, ME NEXT, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TYPE OF GOTH YOU THINK I AM!!! Please, define my personality for me so that I don't have to spend hours searching the internet to type myself properly.

TheDarkCryLove 09-06-2011 11:13 AM

some restrictive clothing is nice to where but i agree, it is about how it looks, like i am not a fan of chokers

TheDarkCryLove 09-06-2011 11:15 AM

there is quite a amusing yet insightful sight that might help.
http://www.blackwaterfall.com/viewall.php
i found its description of romantic goth (me) rather true in cases

Grausamkeit 09-06-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkCryLove (Post 677675)
another name for lolli goth that is often used is baby bat. but i dont say it often becouse its to vamperic and is implying all goths bum vampires

Those are not interchangeable terms, dude.

Baby Bat(Spider Babies in some countries), means a new person to the subculture. It doesn't denote age, gender, race, religion or any of that shit.

'Loli Goth' is just another term for 'Elegant Gothic Loita(although...the number of those I've seen that could be termed 'elegant' is about 4-5 in 10 years)' 'Goth Loli' "Hey!-I'm-a-silly-weeaboo-that-reads-manga-and-dresses-like-a-maid' or the most awesome 'Stubble-ridden-middle-aged-businessman-wearing-a-skirt-on-the-weekend'(a surprising number are this!).....did I miss one?

Solumina 09-06-2011 04:54 PM

Hehehe "spider babies" sounds adorable, I hadn't heard that one before

Versus 09-07-2011 03:24 AM

I want to know what kind of goth I am.

I like pancakes, cavalry, gothic novels, crown royal, boots, and underboob.

Ben Lahnger 09-07-2011 05:39 AM

While TheDarkCryLove has been thread-jacking the hell out of this introduction thread with her ignorant pronouncements (as well as horrible spelling and grammar) about Gothic culture and history to a large group of people, some of them being seasoned and entrenched Gothic veterans who DO know better, the original author of this thread, EleganBlack, has inquired elsewhere about how one goes about getting their Gothic.net account deleted.

I am disappoint.