Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   .: Randomness :. (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=22)

Ravena 02-01-2004 01:59 AM

It is now 4:45 in the morning... Can't sleep, clowns'll eat me. Really though...
I traded mail with Hunter for a while, then told myself I would come here and try to "Post myself to sleep". I'm SO full of shit... That'll never happen.
Sigh
The new girl, Darness_Of_The_Night, is one of the other 4 white girls at my school. Be nice, childeren. One of the other two is a preppy wanna-be-r&ber/rapper (She's actually quite popular... bitch) and the other one is a lesbian with a bad attitude.
Bah.

Ravena 02-01-2004 02:51 AM

If you find vampyres sexy, does that make you a necrophiliac(sp)?

Kyleen
Bah, I mean
Ravena

Spraeg 02-01-2004 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravena

Kyleen
Bah, I mean
Ravena

no, but necrophilia sure does give a new meaning to the term "crack open a cold one".......... and it makes you wonder, are necrophiliacs REALLY into dead people, or do they just enjoy the quiet?

Ravena 02-01-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spraeg
Quote:

Kyleen
Bah, I mean
Ravena

no, but necrophilia sure does give a new meaning to the term "crack open a cold one".......... and it makes you wonder, are necrophiliacs REALLY into dead people, or do they just enjoy the quiet?

:lol:
You are Goth as Fuck! Ta! Lovely! Crack open a cold one, er, break out the bubbly! Yeah, tis what I meant.... :mrgreen:
I just reread the entire Randomness thread... Good times, everyone... Cheers :!:
*Sips the bubbly*

Ravena

pitseleh 02-01-2004 05:33 PM

By that time I'll be asleep, so congratulations, sweetie! It's true, after 21 it's all downhill. :wink:

Perfectly_Flawed 02-02-2004 05:44 AM

Icegoblin - that's quite admirable. Congrats and kudos to you.

Quote:

I just reread the entire Randomness thread... Good times, everyone... Cheers :!:
*Sips the bubbly*

Ravena

You re-read this thread ... wowzers. Cheers! :D

eyesofatragedy - Happy Birthday!

... I think you're in luck though. Often, when you have expectations, you are disappointed. So maybe 21 and beyond won't be that bad after all. ;)

Found the most darling book at a book sale in Brisbane ... A Pleasury of Witticisms & Wordplay.

From the -

Omigod, I just found out I got accepted into my first preference, uni-wise! :D ... second round offers. For the first round, I had been given my second preference, Psychology- criminology at a university my father deemed hopeless. We visted the other, "prestigious" university just today, to find out that I missed the cut-off score for my subject by one point. Soo, it seemed I'd have to endure a year of the other course and do extremely well in order to transfer. Now ... 'tis all good. :)

My dad's finally happy ... and I'm glad. Me? Hmm, it wouldn't have bugged me too much to have just had my second preference. I'm lacking in direction and have no idea what I want to do with my life, so it's not like I missed out on something I really wanted. But I'm just glad that he doesn't have to be disappointed ... all those sacrifices made and aid given to get me here ... heh.

Though the offer hasn't been made official yet - still have to receive the letter in the mail. I just checked the TISC website, TISC being the body through which tertiary offers and such are organized and distributed in WA. I'll contain my excitement till it's on paper.

Anyway, I got off track. From the 'Classroom Boners' section. *Ahem*

*If one angle of a triangle is more than 90 degrees the triangle is obscene

*A polygon with seven sides is called a hooligan

*A triangle inside a circle is called a circumcised triangle

*Rural life is found mostly in the country

*The general direction of the Alps is up

*Napoleon had three children, not one of whom lived to maternity

*A martyr is a pile of wood set on fire with a man on top

*Unleavened bread is bread made without any ingredients

*A census is a man who goes from house to house increasing the population

RetroGoth_queen 02-02-2004 09:44 AM

Thats Cool, I got my first preference too! :twisted: Now I shall take over the world

WolfMoon 02-03-2004 09:00 AM

Re: dfhbsdhdhndng

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Hey Daz,Nice boots.......

I'll have to post a pic of the pair I'm buying come payday.WooHoo new boots!!!

Actually due to unexpected circumstances,I didn't get my new boots.And they were on sale...boohoo... :cry: Now someone else is going to have them instead of me.But everything else is going alright in my dreary little world of black..I might get a new job soon,the one I'm at right now is driving me crazy.I've been getting that bored-here-time-to-move-on feeling lately.

Ravena 02-05-2004 05:59 PM

My newspaper meeting got cancelled today... Bah. And I had just finished a new story. Starting my next one on monday. I'm the Editor, so I get to crack whip.
*Cracks whip*
Wolfmoon, may I borrow one of yours so that I may have one for each hand?
Happy B-day Eyes! Hung over yet? :D

Ravena

Perfectly_Flawed 02-05-2004 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetroGoth_queen
Thats Cool, I got my first preference too! :twisted: Now I shall take over the world

Congrats. :)

I've been organizing my timetable ... frustrating at first, but I got the hang of it. Sometimes I'm in the mood for organizing and tidyng things ... weird little me.

One of my friends is going back to Israel for a month or so. As suggested by my choice of words, "going back", she's from there. She moved to Perth almost two years ago. We didn't become close till mid-to-late last year, but now we're almost (dare I say) inseparable. She is the one goth friend that I have. She's actually part goth, part hippy, depending on her mood. I digress ... she misses Israel, and I'm afraid that I'll lose her. That she'll be disappointed when she has to return to Perth, and that she'll wish she were back with her other friends instead of me.

I have very little faith in relationships. That they will last. Half my luck, the people with whom I have developed close friendships with, either don't live in Perth, or have gone back to their countries. And the physical divide adds to my fears that we will grow distant as friends. So far, I've been lucky. With one, at least ... one of my closest, closest friends who I love and adore continues to make an effort to stay in touch. Consistently, too. :) I hope that we will remain friends (or become more than that) for many more years, but I'm not expecting anything.

I'm just living for the moment.

.Sylph 02-05-2004 11:47 PM

We had our first cadaver lab in school today! Spinal cords are squishy. Fascia (the thing wrapped around muscles) has this odd prismatic quality to it. And a femur would make a great hammer. The strange thing though? The cadavers, all of which were male, had pink socks. No kidding.

MrMaelstrom 02-06-2004 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Sylph
The cadavers, all of which were male, had pink socks.

Well, then they had it coming, hadn't they? :)

Maimy 02-06-2004 07:55 AM

It could be a lack of perspective on this, but I am not sure whether the fact that on this, the eve of the first anniversary of my father's death (and the 36th anniversary of my coming into the world), thoughts of pink-socked cadavers are somehow comforting makes me a sicko. Maybe it makes me more goth than I give myself credit for being. :)

My dad didn't give his whole cadaver, but did donate a pair of perfectly serviceable eyes before his cremation.

I like the thought that, before they put him in the fire, he might have had some pink socks on. Even just for a little while.

I like that my mom called me yesterday here at work to tell me to celebrate my birthday. I like that my dad would certainly want me to. I like that my friends have circled the wagons around me, getting ready to take me out dancing tomorrow. I like that tomorrow is also the anniversary of something beautiful - the first time Love and I ever said "I love you".

It's all a messy, mixed-up package of memories I'm caught up in this week. But they're all hooked to blessings. I am the most fortunate of women.

kog3100 02-06-2004 08:21 AM

Git that lil' Maimy!

I don't know what everyone's expectations of being 36 are, but we should all hope to be as luscious as Maimy is.

Happy Birthday tomorrow!

cussedness 02-06-2004 08:50 AM

Perfect_flawed, some friendships go the distance and others do not. You never know. I have friends with whom I've stayed in constant contact with for nine years even though we have for the last seven lived on opposite coasts.

Maimy, chin up. I'm glad you have your friends around you.

Maimy 02-06-2004 08:53 AM

Ladies and gents, a biased opinion. You can't trust someone to speak objectively about the person who's regularly attached to his genitals.

Thanks, sweets.

Maimy 02-06-2004 09:02 AM

Maimy 02-06-2004 09:02 AM

Maimy 02-06-2004 09:13 AM

Perfectly_Flawed 02-07-2004 07:44 AM

Happy B'day, Maimy. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cussedness
Perfect_flawed, some friendships go the distance and others do not. You never know. I have friends with whom I've stayed in constant contact with for nine years even though we have for the last seven lived on opposite coasts.

Yeah. We can always hope, huh. Cross your fingers for me. (I need mine for typing.)

;)

Just had the most bizzare conversation with a friend of mine.

It began with parting words ... (Enough said?)

hang says:
gnite
BBlue says:
g'night
hang says:
hope u have fun with ur bf
BBlue says:
is that your cue to leave?
BBlue says:
huh?
BBlue says:
name, please.
hang says:
well
BBlue says:
I'd like to know the name of my boyfriend
hang says:
id like to know too
BBlue says:
that makes the two of us.
hang says:
yeah
hang says:
gnite
BBlue says:
g'night
hang says:
ROFLMAO

/End conversation

... I thought I might add that the screen names have been changed a bit ... my actual sn was even lamer than "BBlue", if you can believe it.

But yes. No I don't have a boyfriend, and I have no idea why he brought it up. How very random of him.

I'm in a sarcastic mood. I need more biscuits...

khabtih 02-07-2004 09:06 PM

I was looking up "hamster dance" on google, for my boyfriend, as I recently found out he had never seen this internet craze before. I came upon a cute little parody.

http://www.greymatter.org/satanichamsterdance/

ice 02-07-2004 09:09 PM

There are twelve men sitting at a bar, which one is dead?

<Hint: Someone guess, I don't like giving answers away free>
:oops:

Daz 02-07-2004 11:13 PM

the one wearing pink socks?

yesterday was an odd day, actually it's been an odd week, but yesterday just topped it off. i spent most of the day in biocontainment getting everything ready for the girl who usually works in there so she wont have much to do on monday. had a stupid argument with the manager of the area because she is a flighty retard who couldnt think for herself if her life depended on it. when the TB load was run and i was finished in there i headed upstairs to do the paperwork that no one had had time to do all week. i get it finished, go down to play with the cats when i run into a girl i usualy work with. for some reason that i can only blame on stress (since i havent seen her all week) she totally blew me off and when i told her i had finished the paperwork she actually got mad. then i left work and headed out to find something to put the ashes of my cat in. one of the advantages to working in research is the availability of vets to do post mortums on your pets and an incinerater to reduce them to 10g of ashes and bone fragments. four stores later i find an ornate royal blue glass jar that fits her personality, as well as my bugget, perfectly.
before actually heading home i went with a friend to one of the oldest theaters in the city to see monster. turns out my friend used to work with the guy at the ticket counter, they hadn't seen each other in five years, and he lets us in for free. go up to the refreshment counter to get a drink and the guy behind there spend a good ten minutes flirting before handing over our drinks. now, the great thing about this theater is the balcony, it extends out beside the entrance so you can watch everyone coming in. unfortunately we didnt make the first showing so when the doors opened before the second there was a waft of stale air and the smell of bodies, but that went away pretty quick. sitting there watching the ending credits for the movie my friend spots a guy over in the corner singing to the music. not that usual sorta half absent-minded singing, but actually singing and almost rocking to the music. he was rather amusing.
anyways the movie was great, if you are into serial killers that is, and we walked out into the chill air happy with our eveing. i gave my friend a ride home and then headed home myself, i hadnt been in my house since 7 that morning and it was midninght by the time i got home. i sat on my floor transfering ashes from the coffee tin i was given (big labouski fans anyone??) into the glass jar with Sabbeth watching and only half comprehending what was going on. after that i crawled into bed after popping daylight into the vcr and tried to drift off to sleep. one thing i've noticed, bad movies keep me awake, if only to see how bad the movie can actually get.
well that was my day yesterday, today was rather dull... i spent the morning making deadfalls and went to see big fish for the second time.
this coming week should be interesting. ~_^