Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What is "UNgoth" about you? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=5606)

killer_asian_Dax 04-20-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fate--Fought
I'm about the %75 ungoth on the outside. I do wear a lot of dark colors and occasionally there's ripped jeans thrown somewhere in the mix, but, like most people have already said, I'm just goth at heart. I kind of accept the darkness in me and try to make a balance.

I don't listen to goth music. I listen to nearly everything but rap, hiphop, and country-- but still nothing gothic.

Um....who art thou? Intro post please??

Oh! And....I own a Sidekick 3! How's THAT for ungoth?! lol.

Arashi 04-20-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linen
^^^ Erm... not trying to judge you all with the "furry" thing, but the only knowledge I have of that is from an episode of CSI. Are you guys into the... er... "adult" furry stuff? ::eek::

Oh, yuck, I'm not.. I'm an innocent furry. (from what I hear, the CSI episode was a bunch of crap)

Mir 04-20-2007 05:14 PM

I'm not a goth.

Godslayer Jillian 04-20-2007 05:19 PM

That only makes you all the gothier.

Mir 04-20-2007 05:34 PM

Awesome! I can finally call myself a goth! =D

BlackWidow 04-20-2007 07:09 PM

Hm, there are quite a few things that are "ungoth" about me. I like fake nails, I am obsessed with my long BLONDE hair, I LOVE to laugh, I couldnt live without laughter! I like some pop, oldies, and mainstream music. I have a son. I sometimes wear WHITE underwear...sshhhh.

alshio 04-20-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
Ditto with the rap and hiphop. I really don't agree with it more than anything. My cousin is almost 14, and she played me a song that she had on her ipod - I felt sick and disgusted. Seriously. It was called 'Put It In Your Mouth', I cannot believe she was listening to it, I'm sure you can imagine what the song entailed. I'm trying my utmost to protect my brothers from any of that awful 'music'. It's a scary thought what our future generations are being exposed to. Before I get off the point entirely . . . . I love the Eagles too :D classed as country I suppose?

You just have to make sure they find the decent rap/hiphop groups out there. They are few and far between but they are out there. The Herd is a good example - they've got an accordian player :D. As for my Ungothness every time I hear their version of I Was Only 19 tears come to my eyes.

here's a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns82tHhJOr0

raggedyanne 04-21-2007 04:02 PM

I'm a wee bit of a metalhead (hides ozzfest tees) and I can eat a whole serving of A&W chili fries in less than fourty seconds

Asylum 04-22-2007 06:04 PM

I have been told that I am not Goth enough for the following reasons:

1) I don't wear all black all the time. I'm very pale and all black makes me look a week old corpse.
2) I don't wear heavy black makeup or have black hair. Again with the week old corpse thing.
3) I really love my old faded jeans and my Hello Kitty tee shirt.
4) My work clothes are a dark blue button down shirt and tan pants. I do get away with my black combat boots though.
5) I love all types of music, not just Goth.
6) I would sell my soul (if it wasn't already in hock for my dream horse) for a weekend at the spa.
7) I don't speak in poetic phrases.
8) Clubs in general make me twitchy. Our local "goth" club is mostly obnoxious people trying too hard to be Uber Goth while treading on the toes of the locals who do embrace their inner Goth without having to scream it from the rooftops.
And of course I don't have a "cool" name. Asylum is short for Abandoned Asylum which is even shorter for Abandoned Asylum Equestrian Center.

Invisigoth69 04-22-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asylum

1) I don't wear all black all the time. I'm very pale and all black makes me look a week old corpse.
2) I don't wear heavy black makeup or have black hair. Again with the week old corpse thing.
4) My work clothes are a dark blue button down shirt and tan pants. I do get away with my black combat boots though.
6) I would sell my soul (if it wasn't already in hock for my dream horse) for a weekend at the spa.
8) Clubs in general make me twitchy. Our local "goth" club is mostly obnoxious people trying too hard to be Uber Goth while treading on the toes of the locals who do embrace their inner Goth without having to scream it from the rooftops.
And of course I don't have a "cool" name. Asylum is short for Abandoned Asylum which is even shorter for Abandoned Asylum Equestrian Center.

Sorry, but...

Obnoxious people that try too hard to be ANYTHING is kind of ... mentally... er... OFF to me. Sounds like they have underlying issues.

Asylum 04-22-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invisigoth69
Sorry, but...

Obnoxious people that try too hard to be ANYTHING is kind of ... mentally... er... OFF to me. Sounds like they have underlying issues.

I think they may just need hugs.

Invisigoth69 04-22-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

I think they may just need hugs.

Es verdad.

raggedyanne 04-22-2007 09:30 PM

ĄSė! Y tų? Do you guys need hugs? I know I need one. Someone just said I was un-Goth because of my pink fuzzy toesocks.

Godslayer Jillian 04-22-2007 09:52 PM

Damn you! Not even I know how to write the inverse question mark. XD

PersephoneX 04-22-2007 09:52 PM

Pink Fuzzy Toe Socks...:) Cute Raggedy.

*hugs*

xbloodyxsnowx 04-23-2007 01:00 PM

I somtimes wear a baby blue jacket. I just like i don't know why though.

chelseagirl 04-23-2007 02:10 PM

Well, if we're talking of stereotypes...

I'm very upbeat and rarely ever get depressed about anything (life is too short)

I hate cats

I don't write poetry and I hate smoking cloves

I have always gotten along great with my parents, and have never been in trouble for anything

I don't like eating at or hanging out at Denny's

I have never played any roleplaying or fantasy games, like D&D, etc.

I do not practice wicca or worship the devil

I have never self harmed

I've always pretty much exclusively dated skinheads. I've never dated a goth-type guy.

I do NOT believe that vampires are real

:)

raggedyanne 04-23-2007 06:50 PM

What about Olive Garden; it's the Denny's of Italian cuisine

Attitude_Stricken 04-23-2007 07:56 PM

I don't get the Denny's thing, but then again I've never been near one and as far as I know there isn't one within a 50 mile radius. Umm right stereotypical Ungoth.

Love Chick Flicks, most.
I like all colors except yellow and orange, and most variants.
I don't listen to any 'Goth' music.
I wear nothing but jeans and t-shirts or jeans and some other kind of shirt.
Tennis shoes - not black either
I generally don't wear makeup other than minimal eyeliner/shadow. And never red lipstick, I've tried it just does not like me.

Probably some more

Cicero 04-23-2007 08:16 PM

I can't even think of all the totally ungawwth things about me. Here are just a handful:
- I love to surf, scuba dive and ski
- I love tropical islands and beaches
- I'll choose New Scientist magazine over Lord Byron.

And now this post is being cut short because I've got to go to CHEMISTRY CLASS! How uber-goffik is that?

Godslayer Jillian 04-23-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero
- I'll choose New Scientist magazine over Lord Byron.

Oh that's just wrong!

MollyMac 04-23-2007 08:27 PM

Christ. Damn near everything is Un-Goth about me. I wore some black kitty socks the other day...

... lessee, I don't care for Goth music or dress (no offense, just not my thang). I prefer folk songs and Middle Eastern rhythms to techno; and comfy over Goth.

... not a fan of black. I prefer green and blue.

... by all accounts, I am a damned dirty hippie. Long red hair and freckles, flip-flips and ripped jeans.

... Highland Dance is about the least goth thing in the world.

... I love studying law and conducting legal research over reading Wilde.

... I prefer technical writing over creative writing. I can write kick-ass tenancy manuals and code source books for the judicially inclined.

killer_asian_Dax 04-23-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

*squints* This color offends me heavily...

DarkGentleman 04-23-2007 11:49 PM

I have no piercings on me, I prefer tatoos mostly. I do have some and will get a few more done.

I don't wear make-up.

Wearing blue jeans, yoga outfits, and hiking shoes here and then.

I haven't dated a goth-type woman (but willing to).

I practice Yoga and Meditation.

Like to rollerblade.

Watch chick flicks.

I hate rap and hip hop.

I don't smoke.

But overall, I will always be a Goth at heart too.

Linen 04-24-2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkGentleman
I hate rap and hip hop.

How is hating it UNgoth? LOL. It's more "UNgoth" to LIKE those types of music.