Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's made your day? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=16268)

SoftShocks 05-13-2016 07:47 PM

I got paid today. That's always a pleasure

Acharis 05-13-2016 10:32 PM

Honestly, today it's resting in bed. Things have been busy to the point of nightmare and yesterday I overdid it.

Anise 05-14-2016 10:44 AM

Hope you feel dapper soon Acharis <3
When I burn myself out a duvet day is warranted.

Fruitbat 06-04-2016 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonBoy (Post 813990)
Well, aside from being married a month ago (see the rant thread for recent troubles) I just found out I'm going to be a father! *does back flips around the house*

Now if only family and friends would quit sending me links for baby clothes that have labels all over them. This is what the thrift store is about people ;)

*squeals* Congrats BB! I'm so happy for you. now there are two things you need to remember about being a parent.

1. There are three types of babies: ones who read the baby books and follow the rules to the letter. The second type read the books and toss them over their shoulders. The third - well they don't bother with the books at all.

2. go with what feels natural to you and what works - and don't take the advice of others - snort..

Well I just got back from 6 weeks in the UK.. Mindblowing, on my own. Terribly lost in London for a few hours, but found my way back. I'm heading back there to live for year or so. got a sister over there who had cancer last year, and broke her back two years prior to that, so I don't think she can travel to spend extended time out here, so I shall go to her.... throwing caution to the wind and seeing where life will take me.

HOld on fruity, it's a fucking wild!

BourbonBoy 06-10-2016 08:20 AM

Thanks Fruity! :) I haven't read the baby books, but mostly because we come from big families and have watched what works and doesn't with kids, however we'll keep in mind that every child is different. Enjoy your trips to London, I would love to go with the wife one day but we'll have to save a few pennies for that.

Fruitbat 06-13-2016 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonBoy (Post 814075)
Thanks Fruity! :) I haven't read the baby books, but mostly because we come from big families and have watched what works and doesn't with kids, however we'll keep in mind that every child is different. Enjoy your trips to London, I would love to go with the wife one day but we'll have to save a few pennies for that.

I didn't like London at all.. the place has bad energy... too many people, too busy... sucks the joy right out of you.... but I did the tube, and I walked a lot and flirted with the buskers in Trafalgar square (well they flirted with me first!), and walked past Buckingham Palace (to say I've done it).

Better places further out and I loved scotland... I think it just reinforced my passion for the scottish accent and the kilts!!! *faints* I eavesdropped a lot... No idea what people were saying, didn't care, just loved the accent... Was so distracted I walked into a pole...

You will be a great parent.. and dress the kid in Halloween costumes anyway, regardless of the season.

BourbonBoy 06-22-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruitbat (Post 814079)
I didn't like London at all.. the place has bad energy... too many people, too busy... sucks the joy right out of you.... but I did the tube, and I walked a lot and flirted with the buskers in Trafalgar square (well they flirted with me first!), and walked past Buckingham Palace (to say I've done it).

Better places further out and I loved scotland... I think it just reinforced my passion for the scottish accent and the kilts!!! *faints* I eavesdropped a lot... No idea what people were saying, didn't care, just loved the accent... Was so distracted I walked into a pole...

You will be a great parent.. and dress the kid in Halloween costumes anyway, regardless of the season.

One of my regrets was not making a stop in the U.K. while I lived in Germany all those many years ago. Glad you enjoyed it and was able to do stuff that you can at least say you did. I'll be sure to keep that in mind with the costumes hehe.

For now, I'm in the process of getting hired for an insurance firm. It's good steady work made from commission primarily but if I hustle it can be quite rewarding. Plus there's the benefits of making my own hours throughout the week where I have the option of working from home. Now off to the online course for it ;)

Acharis 06-23-2016 12:06 PM

I just remembered again that this place exists.

Saya 06-27-2016 05:22 PM

I see how it is.

Acharis 07-03-2016 05:35 PM

Is it still alive?

Xombie 07-09-2016 11:51 AM

Saw my first rattlesnake in an area where everyone was convinced that no rattlesnakes exist. Caused a bit of frantic conversation throughout the ranger station.

BourbonBoy 07-18-2016 06:25 AM

That's awesome Xombie :) I remember walking up on one in Jr. high and thinking how cool and freaky it was to see one. Of course, it was coiled and ready to strike since it was on the side of the road.

Xombie 08-08-2016 09:14 PM

Falling into a wasp nest really made my day!

Stormtrooper of Death 08-26-2016 08:38 PM

I remembered my login, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Xombie 08-26-2016 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death (Post 814121)
I remembered my login, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Ha! Welcome back, old friend.

BourbonBoy 09-30-2016 08:32 AM

Having a cup of coffee at Starschmuks while waiting to go to orientation for my new job. While it's bit the insurance job I was looking at earlier, the hours are better which will give me extra time with the baby that's due in December. Also, with all of this extra time when I was hunting for a job this past year I've started creating art again.

So far a story about some high school kids in the late 90's. Not sure where the story will go out how long it will be.

Stormbringer 09-30-2016 10:12 PM

LoL Starschmucks : We had one open in our CBD here in Adelaide (South Australia) a few years ago and for the first couple of months there were lines outside. I wandered in one day and looked at the prices and the bewildering variety of flavours and combos. If it's one thing Aussies don't like it's overpriced coffee and too many choices. Sure enough, after the initial novelty had worn off, the place closed never to reopen. I'm not saying the quality was bad but the market wasn't there.

BourbonBoy 10-01-2016 12:06 PM

Yeah I try to avoid them but out was either that or sit in a waiting area with nothing to do or drink. That's not surprising it didn't last long where you live, I'm surprised it's lasted in south Texas.

honeythorn 10-02-2016 11:40 AM

It was my birthday Friday, I spent the whole weekend in London and saw Andi Sexgang at The elektrowerks last night. Fucking fantastic as usual.

HumanePain 10-03-2016 09:30 PM

Happy Birthday Claire! Sounds like you had a proper birthday befitting the Gnet princess of goth! I haven't made time for a concert since Siouxsie Sioux in 2008. :(

Jaye Jang 11-03-2016 09:19 AM

Happy B'day HT.

What made my day was actually getting Trick or Treaters for H'ween this year. (It's getting pretty dead around here-well except for Dia de los Muertos).

Speaking of dead, is anyone else doing NaNoWriMo this year? I know that's a pretty dead topic, but you guys did get me into that--your bad.

hyena 11-10-2016 02:32 PM

Jim Beam cost only 13 quid

BourbonBoy 11-15-2016 03:39 PM

Finally have a job for what I went to school for and it pays more than than the previous job does to boot.

Platina 12-04-2016 05:44 PM

Getting my new laptop yesterday after my old one pretty much kicked the bucket.

Ben Lahnger 01-24-2017 09:21 AM

It's interesting seeing some familiar faces still active around here... for what activity there is.

That is all.