Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   If Gothic.net were a physical location... (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=6825)

Undead_Stagehand 08-04-2007 11:09 AM

If Gothic.net were a physical location...

In accordance with HumanePain's vision
http://gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=5021
and the Picture of all Gnetter's Party
http://gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=5242
I have often wondered...

How do people "see" Gothic.net? What is your mental picture of this place where you post?

For example,
I see Gothic.net as a gigantic castle made of gray stone on a lonely moor in a perpetual night with a full moon. Deep purple velvet drapes cover each of its six thousand mullioned windows. Six feet under the lowest sub-basement, the undead members of this site house their coffins.

And so on and so forth.

Please keep descriptions reasonable (don't be extremely vulgar).

Vyvian Blackthorne 08-04-2007 11:11 AM

Gothic.net is a whorehouse castle. :p

Oi.

The end.

Goth Forever
Goth Forever
Goth Forever

KontanKarite 08-04-2007 11:26 AM

I always envisioned a kind of club setting. There's the bar where you can get anything from Pepsi to Tuscan Wine. The best in deathrock, goth, and post punk would be playing at a nice volume. Loud, but not overbearing.

The dance floor is sunk into the floor at about 5 feet deep with vents blowing out cold air at a chilly 60 degrees. It is also surrounded by what appears to be cage linked fencing all up the walls. The music would be a collection of the harshest EBM, Coldwave, and Industrial. Also, for a few moments, there would be some Etherial played for slow dances. Strobe lights and black lights would be present.

Then there would be the outside courtyard type thing where the stylings of a zen garden were mixed with the stylings of old Vennice. Here, there would be no music. Here, you could hear the chirping of crickets, the hootings of owls and the occasional bat flying about the place. Here, people could smoke and converse about anything they wanted without having to talk above the music.

Then there would be the private rooms filled with "toys" and other curiosities. There would also be a full supply of contraceptives in each of these private rooms, because let's face it, going by the picture thread alone, there would apparently be an ASSLOAD of sexual tension. Each room has a different theme of course. A doctor's office, a factory, a cell, a victorian style room, steampunk inspired room, and what ever else anyone could think of that hasn't crossed my mind yet.

Tha Duckman 08-04-2007 03:27 PM

My kitchen. And everyone's real small.

Crying_Crimson_Tears 08-04-2007 03:31 PM

I see a nice big castle with all Victorian furniture and a dungeon for trolls and it has a cave for our baby bats.

Porphyria 08-04-2007 03:48 PM

I envision every good gothic community site that I frequent as the coffee house I used to haunt as a teenager.

Godslayer Jillian 08-04-2007 04:11 PM

If I got bored, you'd see me against a wall, staring at the biggest group of people, and twiddling my fingers pretending they're all my puppets.

Tha Duckman 08-04-2007 04:13 PM

I I got bored, you'd see me :

A ) Shitting in the sink.

B ) Masturbating.

C ) Feeling up one of you lot.

MollyMac 08-04-2007 04:19 PM

It's a high school gym at prom. At best.

And I'd be being felt up by the Duck.

Tha Duckman 08-04-2007 04:21 PM

[Does Groucho Marx eyebrows].

Say, Molly, you don't happen to be in America, do you?

MollyMac 08-04-2007 04:29 PM

Yep- Missouri, the asscrack of the states. You can tell from the musky smell.

Tha Duckman 08-04-2007 04:44 PM

Fancy marrying me real quick when I get to the States? I wanna stay in the country.

Underwater Ophelia 08-04-2007 07:06 PM

I think this thread is fucking stupid.

I picture this website as...a website.

DeathChii 08-04-2007 07:57 PM

I pictured it as like a bar, place to chill. =P

MollyMac 08-04-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I think this thread is fucking stupid.

I picture this website as...a website.

Yeah, we'd probably never talk to each other in real life :)

And Duck, it'd have to be Utah. Some poor schmuck already tagged me; but I'm more than happy to take on a second husband in the name of all that is fucked up and funny.

Tha Duckman 08-04-2007 08:18 PM

I have visions of starting a family like those hillbillies in House Of A 1000 Corpses.

MollyMac 08-04-2007 08:20 PM

I'll bring the banjo and lube.

Tha Duckman 08-04-2007 08:22 PM

I'll bring the rock our first crack baby will sit on and play said banjo.

MollyMac 08-04-2007 08:24 PM

Oh.. I should have explained. That's not a playin' banjo. S'why I brought the loob.

Tha Duckman 08-04-2007 08:25 PM

Good Goth, I think I love you.

MollyMac 08-04-2007 08:26 PM

You'd better, otherwise you get sloppy seconds after the banjo.

Tha Duckman 08-04-2007 08:30 PM

[Tears off Vyvian's arm].

I picked this for you.

MollyMac 08-04-2007 09:03 PM

(bitch slaps Vyvian with the arm)

And I made him cry for you. Rather, he cries a lot anyway, but this is funnier.

Haunted House 08-04-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
If I got bored, you'd see me against a wall, staring at the biggest group of people, and twiddling my fingers pretending they're all my puppets.

And me behind you pretending you're my puppet. Bahaha! Can't forget a cool looking stage where Drac and I can serenade all of you with deathrock.

Totschläger 08-04-2007 09:10 PM

I picture this site as a planet next to a black hole. Everyone knows they will die, but they don't care.