Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hello from SoCal (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=125179)

Antonio Blackheart 02-28-2014 05:58 PM

Hello from SoCal

Hi there!

New to the forum and the culture in general. I've never considered myself a "Goth" nor I really played the part... I still don't. So why in darnations am I here?

Partly to several reasons, one being checking out the website and reading the noobie warning... yes! applies to me! I loved it! I share the same sentiments, plus the site has many sections in the forum to cater to every variety of dark soul here.

Anyway, I guess that my personality has been "Goth" forever, just didn't quite know it, being one that never cared for labels, albeit at times I must admit that they may come in handy just for the sake of simplicity, I may gradually start wearing the "Goth" badge with pride, I feel closely connected to the general culture and it feels natural to me, comfortable.

That's about enough for an intro, If you do read this and wanna ask me something, share, whatever, let me know.

AB

Haejin 02-28-2014 06:56 PM

Hi, no need to label yourself. I assure you that the majority of active members here are pretty varied as far as interests and styles go. We mainly come here to post pictures of ourselves, debate, complain, and brag. Anyways, welcome to the boards and don't think that you need to prove your "gothness" or anything, cuz that's totally not necessary.

Antonio Blackheart 02-28-2014 07:13 PM

Hi Haejin,

Thank you for your welcome message.

I agree, I'm sure that the variety of personalities here is as ample as in many other social niches.

I should be getting the gist of it soon enough, I hope. ;)

Versus 03-01-2014 03:53 AM

Sup. Where you from?

Antonio Blackheart 03-01-2014 08:21 AM

Hey Versus,

I'm in S. Riverside Co., commute to San Diego for work.

Are you from around these here parts?

Murder.Of.Crows 03-01-2014 06:15 PM

Oh hey, I'm from the San Bernadino county area. I used to also commute to San Diego, but I eventually found a job much closer to home. I still end up travelling to L.A. occasionally... but meh...

Versus 03-02-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonio Blackheart (Post 810087)
Hey Versus,

I'm in S. Riverside Co., commute to San Diego for work.

Are you from around these here parts?

Nah. I'm from the bay. I lived in Oakland and San Jose for a while.

deathsdj 03-03-2014 10:10 PM

Welcome Antonio. Glad you are here.

HumanePain 03-05-2014 08:56 PM

I commute to San Diego from Riverside, but work from home when I can. My company is enlightened and realizes that they can save office rent reducing the square footage needed, by allowing us worker bees to telecommute (VPN).
Just got a speeding ticket a couple weeks ago flying down the 15. Too many wide open stretches that just beckon the lead footed.

Welcome.