Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Picture Post 2 (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14750)

sweet.sacrifice 10-02-2010 01:13 AM

luv these subjects -- wooow

Fruitbat 10-02-2010 03:55 AM

I love pissing contests..

*walks off to make some popcorn*

Despanan 10-02-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bete Noire (Post 638186)
I'll do my best. I'ts hard though, being that I'm afraid to say what I think cause I might bruise a stranger's ego electronically...

I bruise stranger's egos erotically.

Anyway, I'm just going to say 1 more thing, and then let this go:

"Beauty" is not an artistic movement, nor is it a thesis, nor anything one can "persue" in any meaningful sense. Declairing that the goal of one's life or work is "beauty" is a non-statement. As the whole concept of beauty is completely subjective saying "my life is about beauty" is like if someone were to ask me what my plays were about and I told them "they're about good theatre". It sounds nice, but at the end of the day I haven't exchanged any information at all, I've just stated a vaguely defined goal based upon my own personal preferences.

And that's stupid.

korinna5555 10-02-2010 12:01 PM

3am, boredom, and PhotoBooth:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1784390_n.jpg

Aye?
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5577768_n.jpg

vindicatedxjin 10-02-2010 12:17 PM

Had fun being a camera whore last night, due to boredom as well. I played around, using an old florescent lamp and the results came out nice, even though I was using a really cheapo digital camera.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3277375_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5525120_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7770778_n.jpg

Sinjob 10-03-2010 05:33 PM

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4259755_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3756929_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1863366_n.jpg
Oh you know. Just being a stud.

Sinjob 10-03-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by despanan (Post 638126)
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs568...._6067346_n.jpg

me talking about north to maine @ under st. Mark's theatre.

"a shout out to my nigguh..."

korinna5555 10-03-2010 07:22 PM

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3156673_n.jpg

Be afraid.

Fruitbat 10-03-2010 07:49 PM

... i thought it looked more like wash day ;)

thanks for the smile.. Is that your wardrobe behind you? If it is you are way too neat.

Fruitbat 10-03-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korinna5555 (Post 638255)

Sumo-rific

Timeless Rebellion 10-04-2010 12:45 PM

Can't remember if I posted this before, but I cut off my hair! Yay
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2799/bald4.jpg

honeythorn 10-04-2010 03:00 PM

That definitely looks much better than your old hair.

Apologies for the madwoman's hairy eyeball look, I was mildly inebriated :p ( and for some reason the flash has made my hair look massively red, when in reality it is nowhere near that bright whatsoever )

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...n/DSC00397.jpg

carakitty 10-04-2010 03:56 PM

LOL Welcome back, Ana. What a beautiful scowl you have ;)

HT, The flash and soft focus flatter you. Then again, everything flatters you! :D

Timeless Rebellion 10-05-2010 12:22 AM

Yeah, people have been telling me it looks better =) I am gonna let it grow though, going to check how all long hair looks for me.

TheFeatheredÆtheling 10-05-2010 10:56 AM

The debate about "beauty", "aesthetics", and "art" is quite interesting. While communication (for the sake of others) is undeniably one of the most important aspects of art, expression (for the sake of one's self) is equally important. Doubtless many great pieces of art were created for purely selfish reasons. Despanan and Kontan, I could understand your saying something like "dude, you might get hurt dressing like that" or "you won't be successful dressing like that" or even "those clothes will have a negative influence on society in some way", but trying to make Raza justify his clothing based upon his artistic motivations seems a bit unreasonable. As artists, surely you two do/create things merely for your own enjoyment/inspiration sometimes, eh? What is the problem with doing so?

On the other hand of course, this may at its core be just a bit of "gnet-style" rough play. In that case though, do remember that Raza's wasn't the first jab here.

TheFeatheredÆtheling 10-05-2010 11:02 AM

By the way, 'lots of nice photos recently; you all look good. I'm glad that Anrsh is back too.

Raza 10-05-2010 11:30 AM

Ahoi! Aplologies for the slow reply. Weekend happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite (Post 638144)
Raza... you're new here. I don't think you really know who you're talking to. Look, man, I've done what you've done. In fact, I've done it better. When I was doing DIY like a madman, it didn't look like it came from Xtra-X or Tripp NYC. It actually LOOKED original.

I've done the whole artistic modeling thing both alternative and conventional. I've done promotions for the Louisville Goth scene from modeling, writing in zines, flyering, and setting up venues. I've worked with Club Vampire setting up their venue for My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult. I've been a go-go dancer. I've been a member of the Louisville Noise collective. I've been an actor, make up artist, and costume designer for the Baxter Avenue Morgue haunted house and THAT was a paid gig. On top of all that, I was and still am a bootleg hairstylist. And you want to give ME fashion advice? Fuck you, clown.

Should I expand? Should I go into my teen years where I was working in the local community theater designing props, lights, sounds, and choreographing FUCKING jaw dropping fight scenes and also doing lead roles as well as supporting ones?

Or how about now? How about now, as I am a computer graphic painter/designer, DIY clothing enthusiast, fight choreographer, make up artist, actor, and combat director? I'm also making my debut in New York City in the Estrogenius Festival. An organization that's actually saying something RELEVANT by celebrating female artists and voices.

The nerve of you, Raza. To think... you have the audacity to suggest that I should take fashion advice off of you. YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING JACK SPARROW RIP OFF THAT HOT TOPIC VOMITED ON.

I was commenting on your picture, not the sum of your life work, so you can put your resume back in your pants. If I don't know who I'm talking to, it's because you aren't showing it.

Now, why you would want to accumulate all that expertise and not apply it, I don't pretend to understand. But that's what the discussion since has been about, and I'm looking forward to your contributions once you calm down some. =)

Quote:

Raza... you're new here. I don't think you really know who you're talking to. Look, man, I've done what you've done. In fact, I've done it better. When I was doing DIY like a madman, it didn't look like it came from Xtra-X or Tripp NYC. It actually LOOKED original.

Pics or it didn't happen! =D

Quote:

As for your feelings on normal people... Mother FUCK you. Bigot.

You don't know what my opinion of normal people is, or even my definition for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite (Post 638162)
Dude... you think those assholes that wear American Apparel aren't methodical about it? Do you KNOW why people are so methodical about what they wear? Because they want people to think they're something, ANYTHING.

This is non sequitur. You can't infer someone's intentions from something like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite (Post 638162)
All you've owned up to is that you are basically a gawfic version of the Abercrombie bimbo. You're not being artistic at all. You're just being Vega from Street Fighter.

If you were REALLY concerned with beauty, you'd be as beautiful as possible to maximize your mating pool. But you're not. You don't pursue beauty, you pursue an image that you are NOT. You simply want people to think you're deep, artistic, and interesting. It's people like you that actually turned me off to the gothic scene as a legitimate counterculture.

At it's core, you're just a clown and everyone can see it.

Dude, you are 100% full of shit.

Gawd damn you're being binary. It has to be either your way or something simple that you can look down upon.

Seriously. You have made no attempt to understand what I'm saying; you're just dismissing everything that doesn't ring true to what you value about yourself, the exact same mistake I made to a lesser degree when I guessed your creative drive from your appearance.

I'd get into the point with you, but you honestly don't really have one.

Raza 10-05-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despanan (Post 638196)
"Beauty" is not an artistic movement, nor is it a thesis, nor anything one can "persue" in any meaningful sense. Declairing that the goal of one's life or work is "beauty" is a non-statement. As the whole concept of beauty is completely subjective saying "my life is about beauty" is like if someone were to ask me what my plays were about and I told them "they're about good theatre". It sounds nice, but at the end of the day I haven't exchanged any information at all, I've just stated a vaguely defined goal based upon my own personal preferences.

And that's stupid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Aesthetic Movement is a 19th century European movement that emphasized aesthetic values over moral or social themes in literature, fine art, the decorative arts, and interior design.[1][2]"

:p

But seriously, it is very relevant, if only to communicate that my goals are vaguely defined and built entirely on personal preference. After all, you two clearly share different intentions.

But let me turn this around on your. Acting to create something you find beautiful makes sense. There are no objective values in life, no absolute goods or bads; non-sentient nature just is. Sentient nature has something else to go by: the experience of things as pleasurable or painful, fitting or dissonant. This is the only rational basis for action we'll ever have, because it's the only outcome that transcends just being a conclusion or material rearrangement and actually affects those mechanics that are our basis for 'value'. Aesthetics are my pet theory on the human experience of joy, and my approach to life. Art is just a tiny part of that, really.

What do you do with your art? You 'communicate'. Why is that a good thing? Are you teaching the world some ideological lesson that you think it lacks? Will people be better off with the information they infer from you, or will you have gained something once they've done so?

Well, possibly on all those counts, but each and every one of them must be traced back to some form of joy or well-being before it has any value. If you improve the world with messages of atheism and anarchy, that's awesome by me... but in a best case scenario, where they get understood and applied to good effect, they'll still only have made people's lives more enjoyable - and in the far more realistic scenario of that not happening within your lifetime, all you'll have is the satisfaction of having tried. So why not acknowledge this as your goal from the start?

Timeless Rebellion 10-05-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFeatheredÆtheling (Post 638349)
I'm glad that Anrsh is back too.

Ah, thank you :D

JCC 10-05-2010 02:05 PM

Raza needs to get over him/herself.

KontanKarite 10-05-2010 02:31 PM

Raza, get over yourself.

Raza 10-05-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite (Post 638371)
Raza, get over yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite
I've done the whole artistic modeling thing both alternative and conventional. I've done promotions for the Louisville Goth scene from modeling, writing in zines, flyering, and setting up venues. I've worked with Club Vampire setting up their venue for My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult. I've been a go-go dancer. I've been a member of the Louisville Noise collective. I've been an actor, make up artist, and costume designer for the Baxter Avenue Morgue haunted house and THAT was a paid gig. On top of all that, I was and still am a bootleg hairstylist. And you want to give ME fashion advice? Fuck you, clown.

Should I expand? Should I go into my teen years where I was working in the local community theater designing props, lights, sounds, and choreographing FUCKING jaw dropping fight scenes and also doing lead roles as well as supporting ones?

Or how about now? How about now, as I am a computer graphic painter/designer, DIY clothing enthusiast, fight choreographer, make up artist, actor, and combat director? I'm also making my debut in New York City in the Estrogenius Festival. An organization that's actually saying something RELEVANT by celebrating female artists and voices.

Teehee.

'Nyway, for someone bent on communication over appearances, I'm not picking your voice out of the crowd much either.

KontanKarite 10-05-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raza (Post 638353)
Ahoi! Aplologies for the slow reply. Weekend happened.

I was commenting on your picture, not the sum of your life work, so you can put your resume back in your pants. If I don't know who I'm talking to, it's because you aren't showing it.

Now, why you would want to accumulate all that expertise and not apply it, I don't pretend to understand. But that's what the discussion since has been about, and I'm looking forward to your contributions once you calm down some. =)

Because you asked Despanan and I as to our artistic history?

Quote:

Pics or it didn't happen! =D
Take it on faith. Honestly, it was just a traditional punk/deathrock look. You know, a look that has some taste and a tad bit of relevance. It wasn't even that big of a deal. Point being, I don't need fashion advice from a homo-erotic looking pirate. I've got style in spades.

Quote:

You don't know what my opinion of normal people is, or even my definition for them.
Your aesthetic is a statement and that you actually identify people as either "You" or "normal", which tells me that you divorce yourself from the layman. Somehow, you have an irreconcilable difference with your fellow human beings that sets you apart from being "normal" as you like to put it. Short of that, dude... you aint all that. You have a negative opinion of people in general. vis a vis, you're a damned bigot.

Quote:

Gawd damn you're being binary. It has to be either your way or something simple that you can look down upon.

Seriously. You have made no attempt to understand what I'm saying; you're just dismissing everything that doesn't ring true to what you value about yourself, the exact same mistake I made to a lesser degree when I guessed your creative drive from your appearance.

I'd get into the point with you, but you honestly don't really have one.
I'm not being binary at all, I'm just telling you that your aesthetic is absolutely DEAD and irrelevant. You're a try hard, dude. I will admit that looking gawth to the 9s is now kind of boring to me, so there is that, but your aesthetic says NOTHING except that you just want people to believe that somehow you're absolutely different and special. Thing is, you're not. You're just an extremely well made clown. People don't berate you because they're threatened by your looks, they give you shit because they know you're full of shit. You're a poseur, man. And everyone here with a valid opinion can call you on it.

KontanKarite 10-05-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raza (Post 638375)
Teehee.

'Nyway, for someone bent on communication over appearances, I'm not picking your voice out of the crowd much either.

Yo, dickhead. You fucking asked for the creds and I gave them to you. Do I need to point it out for you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raza
So anyway, what do you guys do that makes you feel so awesome? I'm curious now.

Once again... you fucking asked for it.

JCC 10-05-2010 03:45 PM

From what I can tell Raza, you have started an argument with Kontan because he dresses how he wants to dress and that doesn't strike you as original enough. You want him to dress how you dress, because that is the sign of originality and anything other than your tired attempts to fit into an aesthetic of forced pseudo-individuality is banal. Basically, you're a mallgoth with spellcheck and I hope you get ***** by some burly biker dudes with tattoos.