Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Looking for romantic goth songs (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=13888)

racingfan 12-23-2008 04:15 AM

Looking for romantic goth songs

I am searching for romantic goth songs with a medieval feel. Suggestions please? Thanks!

Tam Li Hua 12-23-2008 09:20 AM

Try Faith and the Muse. :) [Be careful not to confuse it with regular Muse, who is definitely not goth -or- medieval.]

racingfan 12-24-2008 04:25 AM

So far from what I've heard, they have a beautiful sound, and a lot of songs to go through! Do you have any specific songs of theirs you can recommend?

HaiderCheat 01-02-2009 09:38 AM

My Immortal By EvaneScence

korinna5555 01-02-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaiderCheat
My Immortal By EvaneScence

That is SO not romantic, or medieval.

HaiderCheat 01-02-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korinna5555
That is SO not romantic, or medieval.

How it's not Romantic .? ya it's not that " I Love you " Song .. but it's kinda romantic with Pain if you know what i mean .. and it's kinda Painful that shows the lover how he Finds pain without her ... i think it's romantic >> and beautiful ... [ just my opinion ]

korinna5555 01-02-2009 10:19 AM

The song expresses love, but it's hardly a song one would listen to while snuggled up with a significant other.
My Immortal is about loss, not necessarily romantic/passionate love.

It would be appreciated if you were to type coherently.

HaiderCheat 01-02-2009 10:23 AM

Okay , still i found it very Romantic song .. )

KontanKarite 01-02-2009 02:01 PM

Holy shit, HaiderCheat... lay off Amy Lee. There's better shit out there. WAY better.

Nick Cave and Kaili Monogue(sp), "Where The Wild Roses Grow".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRMe5H9WKpM

Mr. Filth 01-02-2009 02:07 PM

No shit. What is with all the Amy Lee pushing? She's just commercial garbage. Get over it.

I agree fully with Kontan's Suggestion. Henry Lee is another excellent romance song from the same album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdNCHomHlU

There's a lot of great romance songs in The Bad Seeds catalog.

korinna5555 01-02-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Holy shit, HaiderCheat... lay off Amy Lee. There's better shit out there. WAY better.

Nick Cave and Kaili Monogue(sp), "Where The Wild Roses Grow".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRMe5H9WKpM

Gods.. I LOVE THAT SONG.
It gives me goosebumps.

Alarica 01-02-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaiderCheat
How it's not Romantic .? ya it's not that " I Love you " Song .. but it's kinda romantic with Pain if you know what i mean .. and it's kinda Painful that shows the lover how he Finds pain without her ... i think it's romantic >> and beautiful ... [ just my opinion ]

It's about her sister, whos dead.

Engelheart 01-02-2009 05:32 PM

oh well....
Epica-Trois vierges
Lacrimosa-Alleine zu zweit (German language....but song is one of the best gothic romantic song i ever heard)
Emilie Autumn-Juliet (and lots of her other songs)

I hope this will help

Mr. Filth 01-02-2009 06:18 PM

None of those bands are or bear association to Goth.

Engelheart 01-02-2009 07:06 PM

???
And what are they or what they bear association to?

HaiderCheat 01-03-2009 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alarica
It's about her sister, whos dead.

Wrong ... Amy wrote 2 songs about her sister .. hello and Like you .. not my immortal

Godslayer Jillian 01-03-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engelheart
???
And what are they or what they bear association to?

Symphonic Metal
Symphonic Metal particularly lately
Some shit anywhere from pop to metal

Engelheart 01-03-2009 08:03 AM

well not....have you ever heard of symphonic gothic metal
but even if that is truth, they have gothic elements because symphonic metal have origins in gothic metal.....
Lyrics are dark and where inspirited with gothic fiction.
Quote from wikipedia:
"The music of gothic metal is generally characterised by its dark atmosphere.The adjective "dark" is commonly used to describe gothic music in general while other terms that are less frequently used include deep, depressing, romantic, passionate and intense."

So i think they are gothic.
And even if they are not, they are good songs and it wont be waist of time if you listen them.

Mr. Filth 01-03-2009 08:23 AM

Let the RAEP begin!

KontanKarite 01-03-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engelheart
but even if that is truth, they have gothic elements because symphonic metal have origins in gothic metal.....
Lyrics are dark and where inspirited with gothic fiction.
Quote from wikipedia:
"The music of gothic metal is generally characterised by its dark atmosphere.The adjective "dark" is commonly used to describe gothic music in general while other terms that are less frequently used include deep, depressing, romantic, passionate and intense."

So i think they are gothic.
And even if they are not, they are good songs and it wont be waist of time if you listen them.

Your precious "gothic" romanticism can seriously fuck the fuck off. Do you know why gothic metal is some of the worst shit ever? Because they use the word "gothic" to help sell records to uninspired spooky kids who think finger armor and terrible hot topic clothes are OH SO GOFFICK!

Do you have any idea how fucking BORING "gothic" things are? I bet you like to glomp tombstones because it's oh so dark and brooding.

Seriously, if you're going to come to a goth forum and preach gothic metal as some kind of qualification to be accepted into the goth "club", then all I can say is enjoy listening to stupid shit, poseur.

Mr. Filth 01-03-2009 12:18 PM

That was a fine raep, Kontan.

Now get the hell out of my thread, nobody here likes you.

maromi12d3 01-03-2009 12:25 PM

I like modern music. If I want Medievalaalala music I'd just listen to Gregorian Chants.

KontanKarite 01-03-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Filth
That was a fine raep, Kontan.

Now get the hell out of my thread, nobody here likes you.

Fuck you, asshole. Nobody even likes you. You better not come to Louisville KY, because if you do, you'll get a shot of Maker's Mark on me! And nobody likes free drinks!!

My darlings.... xxxxooo

Engelheart 01-03-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Your precious "gothic" romanticism can seriously fuck the fuck off. Do you know why gothic metal is some of the worst shit ever? Because they use the word "gothic" to help sell records to uninspired spooky kids who think finger armor and terrible hot topic clothes are OH SO GOFFICK!

Do you have any idea how fucking BORING "gothic" things are? I bet you like to glomp tombstones because it's oh so dark and brooding.

Seriously, if you're going to come to a goth forum and preach gothic metal as some kind of qualification to be accepted into the goth "club", then all I can say is enjoy listening to stupid shit, poseur.

funny....
have you ever heard those songs i mentioned?

Godslayer Jillian 01-03-2009 02:00 PM

We have. They fucking suck. They have no point, no message. They're just trying to appear dark singing about demons or forests or fucking lord of the rings.
Quote:

And gothic metal has nothing to do with gothic rock.
Gothic rock is not even gothic in the bullshit 19th century sense. It's just a name that stuck.
Gothic metal has more right to call themselves gothic than goths, but then again, real gothic shit sucks, so it's not exactly a victory.