Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Whining (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Rant Thread II (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14781)

Pyre 03-20-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia (Post 520552)
rigelrigelahhhhh

If this is not a reference to the star, then it's gone over my head.

gothicusmaximus 03-20-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyre (Post 520628)
If this is not a reference to the star, then it's gone over my head.

I always thought of it as an excerpt from radio communications with an astronaut, like,
"What star are you hurdling towards again?"
"Rigel, Rigel! AHHHHHHH!"

HumanePain 03-20-2009 10:43 AM

You're both wrong: Ophie's typing with one hand and with the other thinking of Rigel...

Underwater Ophelia 03-20-2009 11:07 AM

Hahahaha.
This is fun.

Tam Li Hua 03-20-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus (Post 520469)
I went to go pick up some popcorn chicken, only to find that my local KFC has shut down.
That's it. The whole world is turning to shit. I'm going militant.

IMO, KFC is incredibly nasty. I sort of liked it when I was a kid, but now it's just greasy and gross. [That goes for international ones as well as local.]

Alarica 03-20-2009 11:25 AM

It's not called Kentucky fried rat here, for nothing :D

Geoluhread 03-20-2009 11:28 AM

My eye is itching like hell
I never knew i`m allergic to cats

Tam Li Hua 03-20-2009 11:31 AM

Alarica: Heh. No kidding.

Geo: If you have any non-drowsy Sudafed or Claritin, take it. It helps me a ton if I'm around kitties.

Pyre 03-20-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus (Post 520660)
I always thought of it as an excerpt from radio communications with an astronaut, like,
"What star are you hurdling towards again?"
"Rigel, Rigel! AHHHHHHH!"

This really amuses me for no particular reason.

gothicusmaximus 03-21-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus (Post 520660)
hurdling

I feel that I've been perpetrating this sort of cacography and other such idiocy with abnormal frequency as of late. The theories I've formulated in attempt to account for this and other lapses include:

My mind works better when I sleep during the day, rather than at night as I have been recently.

Coffee consumption is deleterious to my cognitive ability.

Someone has poisoned my coffee.

That time I watched High School Musical finally caught up with me.

Pyre 03-21-2009 03:09 PM

At first I was confused as to why you retracted "hurdling," then I realized you intended "hurtling." Because neither are used very often, I don't think people often make the distinction anyway. Or at least I certainly almost never come across either one.

Tam Li Hua 03-21-2009 09:27 PM

GM: I'm amazed you actually sat down and watched HSM willingly at all. O_o..

Godslayer Jillian 03-22-2009 01:41 PM

I fucking hate when TV shows try to say something in Spanish.
At least one in six people must be Latin by now, so how the fuck is it that they can't ask someone who actually speaks Spanish "hey, dude, how do you say clear in Spanish?"

gothicusmaximus 03-22-2009 01:54 PM

I was actually pretty curious to see if there was any new rank achieved at 10,000 posts. Just as Jillian is getting close, the admins decide to get rid of the ranks.

JCC 03-22-2009 02:00 PM

It's obvious repression of anarchists.

Geoluhread 03-22-2009 02:02 PM

I have an exam tomorrow.. Analytical Chemistry.. Our professor says: Anal Chemistry... I don`t think he knows what it means.. lol
I`ve been online for the last 5 hours..
Yay me!

DRM 03-22-2009 05:27 PM

Ugh I'm tired of helping someone who says over and over no one cares if there dead or alive even though I'm sitting there trying to talk them out of fucking offing themselves, sometimes I wish I could just tell them to fucking do it if their going to and stop wasting my entire night and part of my morning by telling me no one cares and no ones ever there for you.

But that would be wrong.

Tam Li Hua 03-22-2009 05:41 PM

Turns out I have gall stones. Yay. Not looking forward to the surgery.

DRM: I know the feeling. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to email me or send me a PM.

Tam Li Hua 03-23-2009 07:40 AM

Also, one of the zippers on my new, Victorian-style boots broke. That makes me a sad panda. ='(

Godslayer Jillian 03-23-2009 04:48 PM

So, my mother tells me "hey, today I'm going to make you a vegetarian dish"

Oh, vegetarian? Really? Cool!

Yeah, she's just gonna put chicken in the chop suey so that the flavor soaks and then she'll pick out the chicken...

She's the type of person that thinks you can give a vegan chicken salad...

Alarica 03-23-2009 05:13 PM

I have to pay out for yet another cat flap, with a panel so I can close it off completely, because of my neighbours fucking tom. My house stinks where the little bastard came in and sprayed last night.

Saya 03-23-2009 05:14 PM

It was chicken from the chicken tree.

It grows next to the fishberry bushes.

Solumina 03-24-2009 12:13 AM

The local SPCA has a bit of a zoo of exotic animals that they have rescued which can't be placed as well as a petting zoo of farm animals that have been rescued. Well I wanted to go and pet the goats, as well as see the big cats that they have. In order to get to the zoo part you have to go through the shelter and I met the perfect cat. She was the most beautiful Savannah and she was super sweet. Alas my roommate is allergic to cats and I will be living with her for two more months so no kitty for me, which really sucks as Savannahs are extremely expensive.

Mir 03-24-2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua (Post 521501)
Turns out I have gall stones. Yay. Not looking forward to the surgery.

DRM: I know the feeling. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to email me or send me a PM.

I hope everything goes well for you.

Pyre 03-24-2009 06:40 AM

I spend too much time on this site now and it's adversely affecting my sleep schedule and my work progress.

And yet I am here to complain about it.

Curse you, Gnet.