Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Regarding the shady asian women commercial on here (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=26849)

Timeless Rebellion 11-03-2012 03:10 PM

Regarding the shady asian women commercial on here

I am not ENTIRELY certain this kind of add is appropriate for GNet.
http://i45.tinypic.com/34q2v6h.jpg
This is meant mostly for the owner and admin, but feel free to discuss.

Catch 11-03-2012 06:31 PM

I do not know what keywords promote this either, but yes it probably is a buy your bride online site.

Languor 11-05-2012 07:51 PM

I can not fully express how little I ever want to see a 'women for sale' ad ever again. What kind of mouth breathing turd burglar do you have to be to think that the slave trade is an appropriate/ethical or even sensible way to find potential mates?

Alan 11-05-2012 08:39 PM

I thought this thread was gonna be about shady asians.
I miss $hade.

Catch 11-05-2012 10:06 PM

$hade was cool. He's probably on the fashion threads or something.

I don't think mail-order-bride is always buying someone. It might be now, so they might want to shut down the program, but I've known people who do that and their wife is like a wife. They work on whatever they need to live happily ever after. I knew a guy who got his wife a job where he works so they could save money. Not really slavery. It might be better for everyone involved. There is a long screening process to try to make sure no one is creepy. Whatever. It's none of my business.

Timeless Rebellion 11-06-2012 03:50 AM

Catch: Wrap it up any way you want, if you pay to have a woman delivered through these services for marriage, it is slavery.
And how does getting your wife a job where you work bear any sort of relevancy to this thread?

Catch 11-06-2012 08:25 AM

Well calling her a slave isn't nicer somehow...

Timeless Rebellion 11-06-2012 08:29 AM

I never did >_< I am talking about ordering yourself a bride through shady adds online >_< How on earth did you manage to twist that towards someone calling your friend's wife a slave??

shadowynne 11-06-2012 08:37 AM

man, my ads have been boring crap for ages... i miss my gothic sluts ads that i used to get ages ago... im going to go do some strategic word searches...

Catch 11-07-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 703096)
I thought this thread was gonna be about shady asians.
I miss $hade.

Ya, $hade is on my friend list. Turns out he hasn't posted since 2011 so he might be dead.

Versus 11-08-2012 06:47 AM

I don't get those ads. Just the gothic sluts one.

Timeless Rebellion 11-08-2012 06:59 AM

If we keep saying gothic sluts on here, perhaps the adds will change back to those adds.

Joker_in_the_Pack 11-09-2012 01:21 AM

Why don't more people have AdBlock? It makes life much more wonderful.

AshleyO 11-12-2012 11:23 AM

...Not to be pointin' fingers or anything but you guys do know that it's usually cookies from other places that tend to skew what ads you get. o_0

For example, I had to look up "Enemy of The People" by MTC for a class assignment and now that ad is basically everywhere, even on G.net.

Timeless Rebellion 11-12-2012 11:03 PM

My clothes shopping is all over the adds in the side as well, but the one at the front page is independant it would seem. It is the one that's GothicSluts or something similar. And believe me, I usually do not shop for mail order brides :p

shadowynne 11-13-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyO (Post 703477)
...Not to be pointin' fingers or anything but you guys do know that it's usually cookies from other places that tend to skew what ads you get. o_0

For example, I had to look up "Enemy of The People" by MTC for a class assignment and now that ad is basically everywhere, even on G.net.

Yeah man, thats pretty much what i inferred in my post. Or was that to subtle for you folks...