Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's made your day? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=16268)

donmara 05-14-2010 12:31 PM

Nature. I love trees. :)

Ben Lahnger 05-14-2010 01:38 PM

Saya, you can find a better job ... and once you land it, I predict you'll like being there just fine. It's amazing how good you feel about working somewhere that pays you a reliable wage.

Here are two Max Headroom videos:

One of the many Max Headroom Coke commercials that ran on TV in the late eighties.

The first episode of the U.S. Max Headroom television series. There was a British series earlier in the eighties, but it was a 30 minute talk show that featured music videos, versus the futuristic cyberpunk hour-long sci-fi drama that was made in America.

Solumina 05-14-2010 02:00 PM

I found out I'll be working 12-8 next week. Iris wants me around in case the newbies need some help but for them to be essentially on thier own so I'll be up in putput and/or running activities, both of which I think are pretty fun.

H0m0s1da1ust 05-14-2010 02:29 PM

I just scored an interview at a better job (more enjoyable and better pay) and may finally be able to quit my current crappy one ^_^

Ben Lahnger 05-14-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 617026)
I found out I'll be working 12-8 next week. Iris wants me around in case the newbies need some help but for them to be essentially on thier own so I'll be up in putput and/or running activities, both of which I think are pretty fun.

Putput? Is that like Putt Putt golf?

Shadowagony 05-14-2010 10:31 PM

I was treated to an exquisite dinner of prime rib, rice, and veggies with a caramel chocolate sundae as dessert while sitting at a table with a canyon side view in the Grand Canyon today, and I didn't have to pay a dime. Then I got laid. Yeah, pretty much made my day.

d0p3y 05-14-2010 10:35 PM

My homegirl Darkangel calling me out of the ether ^__^.

KontanKarite 05-14-2010 11:14 PM

Oh hai, I moved to New York today. :)

Still Jack 05-15-2010 04:57 AM

My Girlfriend getting her period. Srsly. Fuck pregnancy scares...

korinna5555 05-15-2010 05:57 PM

My cats being shitheads. I had to clean up after them, but Zillah chasing Kali while dragging a chewed-up bag of Kix all over my apartment certainly made me laugh.

Xombie 05-15-2010 06:11 PM

I vaguely remember my friend asking me as I was falling asleep what food items I would include in an ideal breakfast. I woke up with a styrofoam box full of those items on my lap. :]

d0p3y 05-15-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still Jack (Post 617069)
My Girlfriend getting her period. Srsly. Fuck pregnancy scares...

^^^^^^^^^^^

thanks jack. ^_^

the-nihilist 05-16-2010 06:49 AM

This made my day. Lewis Black cracks me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxUprB7rhBo

honeythorn 05-16-2010 09:03 AM

I went for a walk over the woods and hill near me and got 4 great branches from a dead beech whose top half had dropped off. They're all twisted and smooth. One will make a good perch for Floyd, he needs more helping hands perchwise now he's an old man. One of his wings no longer works and he's misjudged jumps from perch to perch before now and fallen to the cage floor.

The others may just end up as a sculptural pile in the garden though I may keep one for a Yule table decoration.

I want to go back for a smaller branch to put in my aquarium. I've been checking and beech is aparantly safe since it's a hardwood, and the branches are all very dry and well weathered. It would just need soaking for a couple of weeks to waterlog it before use.

Breathless Horror 05-16-2010 10:50 AM

That someone actually noticed that I left for a bit. Other than that relatively little. 'Tis been a lame week

Solumina 05-16-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger (Post 617045)
Putput? Is that like Putt Putt golf?

>.<

Shut up, my brain is/was a bit fried and I was thinking "putt-putt" and "the hut" (as that is what we call the building that we do putt-putt out of), things got jumbled, it happens.

Today I found out for sure that I will be getting at least one day off for my move, usually it wouldn't be a problem to get at least 2 but we can't start our move until the 28th and that weekend is going to be more than a bit busy here.

Sun Wu Kong 05-16-2010 12:57 PM

Joining this site.

Saya 05-17-2010 05:04 AM

Free breakfast and a talk about homophobia and heterocentrism.

korinna5555 05-17-2010 08:49 AM

[IMG]http://images.*********************.com/images/e/e8/Happy_bug_demotivator.jpg[/IMG]

Razeal18 05-17-2010 10:00 AM

i told a homeless man to go fuckhimself after he got pushy about asking for a ciggarette. He got irate about whats going on when a homeless man can't get a smoke and a cop came and told him to leave. He got pissy and the cop got offended. Its beautiful when the system in place shows a benefit instead of a fault.

MissCheyenne 05-17-2010 11:28 AM

Getting a simple but heartfelt thank you from someone who I helped out a couple of years ago when he was suffering really badly from depression and knowing that he's now doing really well on his university course has totally made my day.

ape descendant 05-17-2010 01:02 PM

Fabric store!! o/`

Ben Lahnger 05-17-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 617168)
Shut up, my brain is/was a bit fried and I was thinking "putt-putt" and "the hut" (as that is what we call the building that we do putt-putt out of), things got jumbled, it happens.

Actually Solumina, I wasn't picking on the spelling; I was just genuinely curious if you meant mini-golf or if this meant something else completely. Your job responsibilities and descriptions have varied so much that I no longer really have a clear idea what you do. That may just be my memory playing tricks on me, but I was thinking if it was mini-golf, that would be cool. I always wanted to work at one of those places so I could play anytime I wanted ... only I'd have to get paid better than people usually do in that business! LOL!

Korinna, that is one excited bug!

What made my day was seeing this NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll showing Americans approval ratings of three companies:

Toyota - 31% approval

British Petroleum - 11% approval

Goldman Sachs - 4% approval

Sounds about right. Also, as Financial Reform is being ironed out in Congress, protesters have taken to parking in front of strategic Bank locations and in front of the homes of major bank CEO's. And I've seen some of the posters they're carrying. This one made my day:

Some banks may be too big to fail, but no banker is too big to jail!

Solumina 05-18-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger (Post 617376)
Actually Solumina, I wasn't picking on the spelling; I was just genuinely curious if you meant mini-golf or if this meant something else completely. Your job responsibilities and descriptions have varied so much that I no longer really have a clear idea what you do. That may just be my memory playing tricks on me, but I was thinking if it was mini-golf, that would be cool. I always wanted to work at one of those places so I could play anytime I wanted ... only I'd have to get paid better than people usually do in that business! LOL!

That is true, I do kind of do a lot of everything. I guess that is what I get for being A) new and B) a competent worker. Putt-putt is actually my favorite duty so far. I'm up in a little hut and I just get to run it by myself, I'm the only one that works up in there (for now) so I've even arranged everything to my liking. Also playing putt-putt with kids, and occasionally the pool-tech supervisor, is a pretty fun way to pass the time. It is starting to look like I may have to take a small promotion if things keep going the way they are because the head of the department needs an assistant, I'm not sure I want it, I'm having too much fun where I'm at.

Ben Lahnger 05-18-2010 08:19 AM

Does "a small promotion" mean more money? I can relate to the having fun, but if the money is a significant difference and the position shows you being willing to take on more responsibility, the upside seems pretty good to me.