Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Literature (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What Are You Reading? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=517)

msr.iaidoka 09-06-2007 10:48 PM

raggedyanne,

Seems that way. I wonder if her husband got the hint and gave her the paddling that she so desperately desires.

Thank you, sir, may I have another?

Matt

raggedyanne 09-06-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msr.iaidoka

Thank you, sir, may I have another?

I thought her husband was dead? Necro . . .

msr.iaidoka 09-06-2007 10:53 PM

raggedyanne,

He is indeed dead. But at the time of the Beauty series he was very much alive.

The dead can dance, but can they spank and paddle?

Matt

raggedyanne 09-06-2007 11:30 PM

Oookay. Still . . .

"The dead can dance, but can they spank and paddle?" lol : D

msr.iaidoka 09-06-2007 11:50 PM

raggedyanne,

It would not matter from about 2002 onward. First her husband died then she devoted herself to Catholicism. But between the release of the first Beauty book and the death of her husband I hope he was able to slake her thirst. Mayhaps he gave her her fill and that is why she was able to convert.
Either way I am not sure how to take the news of a book, and upcoming movie, about the young life of Jesus written by the same one who wrote the Beauty series...

Was Jesus a dom?

Matt

raggedyanne 09-07-2007 12:04 AM

I liked her views on religion during "memnoch" so I will definately read the new book. It is a bit of a change from erotica to religion. I didn't know about the whole devotion to religion thing though.
I think Jesus was a sub. Mary Magdelan (sp) was written down as a prostitute, so I think she was the dom and Jesus was the sub.

msr.iaidoka 09-07-2007 12:12 AM

raggedyanne,

Mayhaps that, and the whole child of a deity thing, would explain how he was able to withstand such a brutal beating from the Romans. I now have quite an interesting mental picture of the relationship between Magdalene and Jesus. The fact that her first name was the same as his mother just makes it more entertaining.

Whip me, beat me, call me names,

Matt

raggedyanne 09-07-2007 12:19 AM

Hmm, Sigmund Frued would have had a field day with this one.

msr.iaidoka 09-07-2007 12:40 AM

raggedyanne,

Well, I could say "carburetor" to Freud and he would find some way to explain that I secretly want to horizontal Mambo with my mother.

Preferring Swing to Mambo,

Matt

raggedyanne 09-07-2007 01:06 AM

Maybe Freud himself had strange fantasies of his mother and was taking out this frustration on his clients?

Preferring Samba to Swing,
Annie

msr.iaidoka 09-07-2007 01:23 AM

raggedyanne,

That is a distinct possibility. I wonder if he would get excited about the strange sexual confessions he would pry from his clients.

Still preferring Swing,

Matt

raggedyanne 09-07-2007 01:42 AM

Msr.iaidoka,

That's a disturbing though. I have wondered why people become psyciatrists(sp) or sex doctors. Reason: they're nosey and or pervs. I think they might have the most fun jobs on the planet. ;P

Latin ballroom rocks,
Annie

msr.iaidoka 09-07-2007 02:00 AM

raggedyanne,

My psychology professor at my undergraduate institution was a Freudian psychologist. She was as perverted as anyone could be, plus she was hilarious.

My hips are not built for Latin,

Matt

raggedyanne 09-07-2007 04:57 AM

msr.iaidoka,
I love perverted people! That could be because I'm sort of perverted; but it's mostly because they're fun to listen to. My shrink is pretty perverted also. Must come with the job.

That's what my boyfriend said, but now he likes rumba more than swing,
Annie

zeronegativeplus 09-07-2007 11:11 AM

1. The Internet Book Of Shadows

2. The Pistis Sophia

3. Jung and Crowley

killer_asian_Dax 09-07-2007 11:51 AM

Haunted Houses of California by Antionette May.

My mother bought it for me while on her last vacation to northern Cali. Not that great of a book, but I can't just drop a book no matter how much I dislike it. I feel compelled to finish it off.

DementedRaven 09-10-2007 08:05 PM

Well, im reading through my Edgar Allan Poe collection again.

PS: Dont you dare ask me why i start most of my posts with "Well" :P :P

roserougesang 09-10-2007 08:46 PM

Currently over half-way through reading Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer, quite an addictive book. :)

roserougesang 09-12-2007 05:30 PM

Now I'm reading:
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
A Rare and Curious Gift by Pauline Holdstock

and............................
The Oxford Book of Death

Godslayer Jillian 09-22-2007 03:08 PM

The Autobiography of Abbie Hoffman.

HellforgedX 09-22-2007 03:31 PM

The Return of Sherlock Holmes
~Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

raggedyanne 09-24-2007 11:37 PM

I, Robot - Asimov

Draconysius 09-24-2007 11:39 PM

"the Inferno" - Dante Alighieri
I wanna start up a theme park based on the inferno. With rides and games and eternal punishments and lines yay!

EDIT FOR GOTHNESS:
Dark, sociopolitical, and certainly gothic in its abundance of melodrama ;). And it kind of gives me the impression god is a dick.

d.Nox 09-29-2007 07:00 PM

Just got Rilke's Sonnets to Orpheus with side-by-side translation. Alas! for my insufficient German.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed 09-29-2007 07:12 PM

De Sade: The One Hundred and Twenty Days of Sodom.
Friedrich Nietzsche: Human All Too Human, The Anti Christ, Beyond Good and Evil.
Glen Duncan: I, Lucifer.
and finaly
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows.