Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How many times have you moved in your life? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=25916)

FistsofFury 01-14-2012 12:49 AM

How many times have you moved in your life?

Meaning you moved to a place and stayed there at least 3 months. From the hospital you were born in to where your caregivers slept doesn't count as a move.

I hate packing all my shit up and moving. Can't stand it. It doesn't feel like I'm embarking on a new adventure it feels like I'm on the run or losing something. I love polling and I wanna hear people talking about the benefits of 'starting over'.

Oh yeah, I'm new. Hello everyone.

carakitty 01-14-2012 04:42 PM

I've lived in 6 places: California, Texas, Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, and Colorado.
Who knew getting married would take me so many places?

Welcome to the forum. What has caused your moves?

Solumina 01-14-2012 05:03 PM

Does moving to a new place within the same general area count? Cuz I've lived in three different area codes inside of Newport News.

Saya 01-14-2012 05:21 PM

Yeah, I moved across town a bunch of times. But I've lived in three different places in my life, Ontario, then a very tiny rural community in bumfuck Newfoundland, now St. John's.

Solumina 01-14-2012 05:49 PM

Oooo I forgot that I moved when I was like 2, does that count? If either of those answers are yes then I lied in the poll.

HumanePain 01-14-2012 06:10 PM

Being 55, I have had plenty of time to have lived in quite a few places.

My favorite home is the one I am in now.

Fruitbat 01-17-2012 04:37 AM

I moved four times in 28 years and then moved at least 20 times in the past 13 years. Up and down the eastern seaboard of Australia. Longest I've lasted in a house is four years. Shortest was 5 weeks.

I'm a packing and moving machine, although I have to hire guys to move the heavy items, but I move the rest.

FistsofFury 01-18-2012 10:46 PM

Well I decided to move here because I missed forum life I reckon. When I was a teenager I belonged to a fighting game forum (fighters.net in like 98-2000 then most of the gang moved to shoryuken.com) and it was a lot of fun. Yet as I played video games less and less I went to the boards less and less (plus all the jaded old schoolers eventually leave) I had an nagging desire to interact among 'strangers with common interests'.

Elystan 01-19-2012 05:47 AM

How old are you?

I've moved about a lot and I sometimes wonder if it's made me more isolated and independent.

FistsofFury 01-19-2012 07:23 PM

I'm 25. I've moved a fair number of times and its funny how you can't depend on most friends for shit when it comes to moving. The gap between talk and action can cause most to not even bother asking the next time?

You could just naturally be a loner also. I reckon I am as well.

Elystan 01-20-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FistsofFury (Post 689091)
I'm 25. I've moved a fair number of times and its funny how you can't depend on most friends for shit when it comes to moving. The gap between talk and action can cause most to not even bother asking the next time?

You could just naturally be a loner also. I reckon I am as well.

Same age. Naturally an introvert for sure but I think being uprooted over and over is a bigger deal. Haven't formed a lasting friendship since I was about 18 (though I have gotten a LOT better at single servings). I do have two circles for which I can just get on a train and drop in on without notice and although I do it less and less as I get older they are still mainstays and I'm incredibly glad of them. Wouldn't put it on anyone else to come to me though.

Aphra 01-22-2012 12:41 PM

I'm 33 and have moved 8x.

Mordred 01-24-2012 10:56 PM

Hmm, I honestly don't know. I've been living on the run for a pretty long time, and had to move countless times for security and for mere practical reasons.

Purepsycho 02-18-2012 07:49 PM

I'm 29, moved once to the house next door (I don't thnk that really counts does it??) hehe

Spooky Spencer 02-18-2012 10:34 PM

I didn't like moving from grade school to middle school, so I don't even want to think what moving to a different place would be like.

FistsofFury 02-21-2012 10:16 PM

There are so many views but no votes wtf!

Solumina 02-21-2012 11:44 PM

Perhaps it has something to do with people only voting once but viewing the thread multiple times or people clicking to see what the thread it about but then not having any interest.

FistsofFury 02-25-2012 01:47 AM

You are correct Solumina. I will refrain from further horseshit.