Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Scarymovigrl (aka Marie) (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=15721)

Marie 07-29-2009 05:37 PM

Scarymovigrl (aka Marie)

Hello Everyone!

If you all can't already tell, I am new to this site and to goth in general. My name's Molly, but I prefer the name of the infamous doomed French queen. I've been attracted to the gothic subculture since I was about maybe eleven or twelve. I haven't really actually considered becoming goth until about a few months ago. So I'm a gothicvirgin...
About me. I go to an all girl Catholic High School in New York. My favorite subjects in school are art, history (more so global), and French. I love to read existentially and enjoy writing poetry. I would have to say that my favorite author is Edgar Allan Poe. His works have inspired me to write again (something I've put off doing for a long time now).
I love horror movies, especially the old ones like Freaks and Nosferatu. Weddings and funerals...well, anything by Mozart (my dirty little secret).
I've never really thought about how I would die. Personally, I just want to live my life and not think about it. But if I had to...maybe in my sleep or something totally dramatic like dying to be with a long lost love.
My favorite outfit would have to be two sheer dresses (one with a little pink lace) that I put over a black tank and tights and pair it with my combat boots (or if we are going to see family, black ballet flats).
My favorite band would have to be Evanescence. I also like Dead Rose Symphony, Three Days Grace, Rob Zombie, as well as the Grateful Dead and Bob Marley (I know, most--actually, I believe all--are not goth at all. Any people with good music taste, please let me know!).
I joined this site because...well, I feel kinda like an outcast, even with my friends. I love them to death but we have very different tastes in movies, music, and life in general. I want to meet and connect with people like myself. I think I have found a place where I might belong...
If anyone has advice for me about the being goth (friend and family related, fashion, music, etc.), my AIM is scarymovigrl.
Adieu,
Marie

Not Tha Duckman 07-29-2009 05:53 PM

Catholic school girl, eh?

Sir Canvas Corpsey 07-29-2009 06:01 PM

Goth Music Starter Pack:
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Sisters of Mercy
Bauhaus
The Cure

Gogogogogogo!

JCC 07-30-2009 05:17 AM

What the fuck is wrong with this forum lately? Must be because it's the summer holidays or some shit.

Marie 07-30-2009 08:31 AM

Not Tha Duckman, yeah, Catholic School. It's not that great. Can't wear what I want. Can only express myself through my jewelry.
Sir Canvas Corpsey, I have Bauhaus and am going to buy Siouxsie and the Banshees, Sisters of Mercy, and The Cure when I have enough money. I think my Dad has The Cure, but it's a tape, so that's not very helpful. Ugh. Need to find a way to get some cash.

JCC 07-30-2009 08:34 AM

What's your favourite Bob Marley song?

Not Tha Duckman 07-30-2009 08:48 AM

Tapes are way better than CDs.

Marie 07-30-2009 08:52 AM

JCC, Redemption Song. I also like One Love.
NTD, yeah, but I want to put them in my ipod so I can listen to them everywhere.

Not Tha Duckman 07-30-2009 08:54 AM

Putting your old tapes onto yr PC is easy as all piss.

Not Tha Duckman 07-30-2009 08:55 AM

What the fuck am I saying, get a God damn personal cassette player! They're five bucks, for crying out loud!

JCC 07-30-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marie (Post 549577)
JCC, Redemption Song. I also like One Love.

Oh, you're alright. Most Bob Marley 'fans' say something like 'No Woman, No Cry' and soon reveal that they're fans of Bob Marley because they think his name is funny.

Not Tha Duckman 07-30-2009 09:55 AM

It does look pretty fucking funny, though.

Marie 07-31-2009 05:27 AM

NTD, I'm going to the Village today, so I'll look for a cassette player. I'll be a hit with my friends.
JCC, and I know. It gets pretty annoying.
So how long have you guys been goth?

Schazmyrrh 07-31-2009 05:54 AM

What other old horror movies have you watched and liked?
Oh and welcome to the boards.

Not Tha Duckman 07-31-2009 06:35 AM

I'm not Goffix at all. I just troll here and get banned repeatedly.

Lord Whiskerton 07-31-2009 07:58 AM

Greetings and Salutations Madam

DRM 07-31-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marie (Post 549543)
My favorite outfit would have to be two sheer dresses (one with a little pink lace) that I put over a black tank and tights and pair it with my combat boots (or if we are going to see family, black ballet flats).

This sounds like it would be pretty.

Still Jack 07-31-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not Tha Duckman (Post 549642)
I'm not Goffix at all. I just troll here and get banned repeatedly.

Yeah, but we love you really.

Not Tha Duckman 07-31-2009 06:39 PM

Tell the Mods and Admin that.

Valeria 07-31-2009 06:44 PM

Hello Marie... I'm new also... Although I'm a bit older than you. LOL

It's funny the Bob Marley thing, we got the Bob Marley new CD (kind of like a hits cd) playing as an in store play at the store...

Saya 07-31-2009 08:01 PM

Redemption Song always reminds me of a church camp I used to volunteer with. It had to be song at almost every campfire we had.

Mir 07-31-2009 09:30 PM

Grateful Dead and Bob Marley > anything the "Goth subculture" has ever fucking produced.

gothicusmaximus 07-31-2009 11:07 PM

When it comes to brightening my outlook, Mir truly goes above and beyond the call of duty. Not only is the idea of having goals or behaving intelligenty apparently anathema to him, and not only does smoking weed and feelin' vibes seem to be his primary hobby, but he has somehow come to mistake those qualities he shares with gas station attendants worldwide as a source of superiority, which is so consummately pathetic that it would make me seem awesome even if I were only 1/7th as awesome as I actually am.

viscus 08-01-2009 03:00 AM

Thanks, GM. I was just about to tell him to go fuck himself.

Needlefeet 08-01-2009 03:40 AM

How the fuck does "Bob Marley" sound funny anyway?