Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's made your day? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=16268)

Solumina 04-03-2010 11:42 PM

That's the one!

korinna5555 04-03-2010 11:44 PM

Man, that was fucking epic.

Solumina 04-03-2010 11:46 PM

I'm so jealous I wasn't there

*sigh*

I guess I'm just starting to get old and boring

korinna5555 04-04-2010 12:18 AM

Come visit us and buy us alcohol. :-D
THAT WILL DO THE TRICK.

..you old fart.

Solumina 04-04-2010 12:28 AM

Sure, I'll just drive 9 hours and pop in for a quick visit

korinna5555 04-04-2010 12:39 AM

You know you want to.

Solumina 04-04-2010 12:57 AM

I so would if it wasn't pretty much a whole day of driving each way, which means I would need at least three days for the trip.

Really, you just need to invent a teleporter.

korinna5555 04-04-2010 01:00 AM

I've told both Malice and StillJack that many a time. D:
If only I COULD invent a teleporter. It would solve so many of my problems.

Solumina 04-04-2010 01:11 AM

I know! You need to get working on that.

Solumina 04-04-2010 01:12 AM

Btw another thing that made my day was walking into a jewelry store and finding an Irish wolfhound inside, thankfully the dry-mouth variety as she was very sweet and affectionate. Jacob was happy to see a puppy that was actually kind of Jacob scale and not normal sized.

korinna5555 04-04-2010 01:12 AM

Maybe I should make a trip to Lowes, tell them I'm trying to build a teleporter, and ask them for help.

..it could be kind of amusing, if I could manage to keep a straight face.

Edit: Oo.. wolfhounds are one of the only breeds of dogs I can actually tolerate.

Solumina 04-04-2010 01:19 AM

That would be amusing.

What is your issue with most dogs?

Deadmanwalking_05 04-04-2010 08:23 PM

I finally found a 300 Honda Four-trax 4x4,put a $300.00 down payment on it and only owe $500.00 more then I can start rebuilding it (It has no breaks right now but that can and will be taken care of) the engine turned over and except for a slight miss it sounded like it was in good shape,by the time September the 12th, 2010 rolls around I should be more than ready for a victory lap around the county.

Saya 04-04-2010 09:10 PM

I found Dealbreaker, a blog that lists, well, dealbreakers. I love this one:

Quote:

You’re a Self-Proclaimed “Bad Girl”

You know who was a bad girl? Amelia Earhart. She was the first woman to fly across the fucking Atlantic AND Pacific oceans BY HERSELF. You know who else? Harriet Tubman. That lady was a motherfucking SPY and risked her life to rescue a buttload of slaves. And Rosa Parks! She didn’t give a FUCK about segregation laws! All you dumb bitches do is push girls in swimming pools and get your rent paid by some old-ass divorced guy in exchange for sad handjobs. Grow some balls.
and this:

Quote:

GUESTBREAKER: You Steal Books From The Public Library

Oh, you’re reading Ham on Rye? I’ve been meaning to—whoa, wait…this isn’t yours? You what? That’s how you got it? What the hell are you trying to prove by stealing from an institution that lends itself (pun fucking intended) to a kind of honor system? Maybe I’m getting a little too Levar Burton here, but the library is the one place I can think of that doesn’t totally discriminate, and allows people of all walks of life—even the homeless and the unemployed with nothing better to do—access to knowledge and information up to and including pendulous native-women-breasts in issues of National Geographic. And yet, you think you’re some kind of rebel for biting the hand that is benevolently trying to feed you? Face it; you’re basically stealing from anyone who would ever want to read this book, ever, including me! And I’m pretty sure you’re curb-stomping the sweet old women that I see at the check-out desk too. Have fun “beating the system,” jerk.

vindicatedxjin 04-05-2010 09:51 AM

I collect paperdolls. I found a set from 1943 in almost mint condition on ebay for $1.08. Total win

honeythorn 04-05-2010 11:26 AM

My shiny new enormous signature. I don't much care how sick anyone gets of it, it's staying.

Methadrine 04-05-2010 11:33 AM

It's a big fish. I can't wait to tell my friends. They don't have a fish that big.

Tam Li Hua 04-05-2010 11:35 AM

Lunch with my Beloved. =)

Tam Li Hua 04-05-2010 11:39 AM

And yes, that -is- a big fish.

So...does that banner count for -all- stay-at-home pets, or just exotic fish?

korinna5555 04-05-2010 11:40 AM

One of my best friends landed a job that will transfer with him when he moves. This pleases me. :]

Kalitrima 04-05-2010 12:37 PM

Just got a ton of yarn, and I just learned how to knit stripes (after seeing a post Saya made with an awesome scarf in it). So now I can actually make scarves in my favorite colors. And it's my birthday. Today is gonna rock.

honeythorn 04-05-2010 12:38 PM

It would have been smaller but then I wouldn't be able to fit the text underneath it and the writing was unreadable without a magnifying glass.

Saya 04-05-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalitrima (Post 611412)
Just got a ton of yarn, and I just learned how to knit stripes (after seeing a post Saya made with an awesome scarf in it). So now I can actually make scarves in my favorite colors. And it's my birthday. Today is gonna rock.

Yay, another knitter! I gotta get more yarn soon too, I'm going to attempt intarsia. I was making another scarf but I'm sick of them and its too warm now to be any use to the person who wanted it. Although I did tell Corpsey I'd make him an alien scarf...>.> after I'm sick of intarsia.

Corpsey 04-05-2010 08:00 PM

On that note I would like to mention that the first real day of winter has hit Wellington, so what's making my day is that I can do all my research at home, from the comfort of my sleeping bag.

What are you going to make with Intarsia? I understand it's similar to the wood version of it, but just with different pieces of knitted wool, correct?

Saya 04-05-2010 08:36 PM

Crap, better get started then XD

I WAS going to make the Punk Rock Backpack from Stitch N Bitch (its green with a simple monkey face) buuuut then I saw this on craftster....

http://www.knittingninja.com/wp-cont...mbackpack2.JPG

And now I'm going to have to think about it, I can just make my own graph (I work with a girl who knows how to do this, so I can get help if I need it) and put something on it. I'm making it for a friend who's going away to Japan in July, so it would be more awesome I think if I made something that she loved like that.