Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Picture Post 2 (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14750)

Raza 10-05-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite (Post 638376)
Because you asked Despanan and I as to our artistic history?

I asked what you were doing now, but fair point. 'Didn't make the connection.

Quote:

Take it on faith. Honestly, it was just a traditional punk/deathrock look. You know, a look that has some taste and a tad bit of relevance. It wasn't even that big of a deal. Point being, I don't need fashion advice from a homo-erotic looking pirate. I've got style in spades.

Sorry. If it's half as good as you say it is it's bound to be more interesting than the rest of this conversation added up, so I'm passing on the faith thing.

Quote:

Your aesthetic is a statement and that you actually identify people as either "You" or "normal", which tells me that you divorce yourself from the layman. Somehow, you have an irreconcilable difference with your fellow human beings that sets you apart from being "normal" as you like to put it. Short of that, dude... you aint all that. You have a negative opinion of people in general. vis a vis, you're a damned bigot.

I see normality more as a social mechanic than a class of people, really.

Quote:

I'm not being binary at all, I'm just telling you that your aesthetic is absolutely DEAD and irrelevant. You're a try hard, dude. I will admit that looking gawth to the 9s is now kind of boring to me, so there is that, but your aesthetic says NOTHING except that you just want people to believe that somehow you're absolutely different and special. Thing is, you're not. You're just an extremely well made clown. People don't berate you because they're threatened by your looks, they give you shit because they know you're full of shit. You're a poseur, man. And everyone here with a valid opinion can call you on it.

'Poseur'. You use that word? Srsly?

Anyway, you keep going on about my 'message'. There is none, or at least none that has been mentioned even passingly ITT. You're putting words in my pictures, then calling me on what you said. It hasn't been about adopting an 'identity' since I was 16, but if that's all you ever got out of it I can see why you'd drop it, I guess.

And I'm proud of trying as hard as I can. 'Don't get why you keep using that as a negative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC (Post 638382)
From what I can tell Raza, you have started an argument with Kontan because he dresses how he wants to dress and that doesn't strike you as original enough. You want him to dress how you dress, because that is the sign of originality and anything other than your tired attempts to fit into an aesthetic of forced pseudo-individuality is banal. Basically, you're a mallgoth with spellcheck and I hope you get ***** by some burly biker dudes with tattoos.

I taunted Kontan because I really enjoy out-there styles, and he seemed the type that could achieve something cool if he wanted to - which apparently I was right about, but late on the catch with.

'Rest o' that is your expectations, filling in the blanks as convenient. =)

KontanKarite 10-05-2010 04:38 PM

Raza. You're an idiot. Thanks for playing, dweeb. And yes, I will call you a poseur. You ARE one.

KontanKarite 10-05-2010 04:52 PM

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3442241_n.jpg

My lovely sis and I.

Renatus 10-05-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite (Post 638385)
My lovely sis and I.

It is a lovely picture, though I must confess you already posted it here

post #4777 page 192

KontanKarite 10-05-2010 05:17 PM

Ah, dicks. Okay, I forgot. Meh.

Renatus 10-05-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite (Post 638387)
Ah, dicks. Okay, I forgot. Meh.

It's ok, happens. It's like how I dont remember who I tell what. Besides, I doubt anyone minds seeing lovely pictures twice.

OnyxBat 10-05-2010 05:28 PM

you guys have the same shape eyes, me and brother do to.

vindicatedxjin 10-05-2010 06:17 PM

Geez Louise, I've never seen such a long argument regarding fashion of all things.... between dudes.

Solumina 10-05-2010 11:45 PM

Really? I certainly have.

Raza 10-06-2010 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite (Post 638384)
Raza. You're an idiot. Thanks for playing, dweeb. And yes, I will call you a poseur. You ARE one.

You're living in a world of teenage american stereotypes dude. But yeah, the point here seems long gone.

Joker_in_the_Pack 10-06-2010 05:52 AM

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...1&id=525133651
Yers truly on the far left (with the Exploited shirt)

Lost another 7 - 10lbs since that picture so subtract a bit from the midsection in your mind.

vindicatedxjin 10-06-2010 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 638414)
Really? I certainly have.

I'm around way too many... either burly, hickish, or ghetto dudes.

Raza 10-06-2010 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack (Post 638435)

Lost another 7 - 10lbs since that picture so subtract a bit from the midsection in your mind.

'Like the belt, and the split pants. Your midsection didn't catch my eye; good choice of shirt if you were concerned about that.

KontanKarite 10-06-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raza (Post 638434)
You're living in a world of teenage american stereotypes dude. But yeah, the point here seems long gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raza
You sound like a parent.

I'm not calling you a poseur in a teen angst sense, I'm calling you a poseur in a very classical sense. This word seems to elude you, so I will be quite plain. What you think you're trying to say with you homoerotic pirate shtick is absolutely artificial. You are FAKE and once again, those that have a worthwhile opinion on here will echo that statement. Here you are, with a modicum of talent, and you squander it on absolutely irrelevant and artificial bullshit and try to sell it off as if it's totally REAL.

You know what... go ahead and do what you do, man. I DO agree that we all need that outlet to get it all out of our systems, but eventually, real life happens and we all have to be adults. I hope for your sake, if you want to continue going down this path, you have the good sense to try to get a REAL job in a company that will mass produce your stuff. Sad thing is, that's the crux of the problem. Your shit ISN'T original enough to warrant giving you a job at Lip Service.

Timeless Rebellion 10-06-2010 11:25 AM

Growing up sucks. I started wearing shirts with some colour <.< And dumped my plan to get more piercings.

Raza 10-06-2010 12:33 PM

It's funny how you consistently ignore detailed argumentation, then get back into it to defend yourself against a oneliner critique.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite (Post 638455)
I'm not calling you a poseur in a teen angst sense, I'm calling you a poseur in a very classical sense. This word seems to elude you, so I will be quite plain. What you think you're trying to say with you homoerotic pirate shtick is absolutely artificial. You are FAKE and once again, those that have a worthwhile opinion on here will echo that statement. Here you are, with a modicum of talent, and you squander it on absolutely irrelevant and artificial bullshit and try to sell it off as if it's totally REAL.

Yeah, no. This poorly defined 'true/fake' crap is exactly what teenagers mean when they use the word.

Also, you still have no clue about what I am or am not 'trying to say' with my clothes. Your certainty on the subject borders on the religious.

Pineapple_Juice 10-06-2010 12:46 PM

This is why schools impose a strict uniform only rule.

korinna5555 10-06-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Lookin' good, dude.

Fruitbat 10-06-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion (Post 638467)
Growing up sucks. I started wearing shirts with some colour <.< And dumped my plan to get more piercings.

Sorry to say it doesn't get any easier. I got rid of my six ear piercings when I got my first job, because everyone in the office gave me the "that's inappropriate look" and my ex was pressuring me into getting rid of them (he liked barbie girls, but didn't actually ever admit it).

It doesn't get any easier when you get older. Then you get faced with the "Oh look at that mutton dressed up like lamb" or the "Oh she's trying too hard to relive her youth" comments, rather than "Way to go, you are staying true to who you are" comments.

Sorry I'm grouchy. Enjoy your youth while you have it because you are a long time old.

Timeless Rebellion 10-06-2010 03:48 PM

Oh, I don't actually mind.
I am over the stage where I need to look extreme to portray who I am.
The last couple of years it has only actually been a matter of me liking the clothes and stuff rather than feeling a need for it.
I am still gonna wear it full out at concerts though :p
Will you believe it, I even got a regular length and size jacket instead of my trenchcoat.
Gosh, I feel all grown up o.o

Timeless Rebellion 10-06-2010 03:57 PM

This is from when I just shaved off my hair.
That was annoying and painful for days until hair started showing <.<
And it looked rather dumb too.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8516/baldness.png

*Twitch 10-06-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Nice Crass tat dude. What are you listening to these days (hopefully stuff I don't know XD)? Hell, any good local bands from your area? Actually, don't you have a band as well? Myspaces?

Fruitbat 10-06-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion (Post 638502)
This is from when I just shaved off my hair.
That was annoying and painful for days until hair started showing <.<
And it looked rather dumb too.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8516/baldness.png

Your just badass!! (that's right isn't it? - as a compliment?)

I've always wanted to shave my head. I figure I'll grow my hair really long then do it for charity one day.

Except I think a lot of people would rather pay me to shut the fuck up instead of shaving my head.

Versus 10-06-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruitbat (Post 638526)
Your just badass!! (that's right isn't it? - as a compliment?)

I've always wanted to shave my head. I figure I'll grow my hair really long then do it for charity one day.

Except I think a lot of people would rather pay me to shut the fuck up instead of shaving my head.

I prefer to shave my head as low as it will go without actually bicing it. The problem is that not everyone's head can look good shaved/bald.

Some good examples of what I think right looks like.

Robbin Tunney in Empire Records.

Rob Halford of Judas Priest.

Kristoffer Olivius of Naglfar.

I was actually thinking about growing my hair long and going back to dreadlocks or braids again when I get out of the army. The problem is before it's long enough to put into a pony tail, I have to go through THIS again. Skip to 1:30 if doom metal isn't your thing.

Joker_in_the_Pack 10-07-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Twitch (Post 638513)
Nice Crass tat dude. What are you listening to these days (hopefully stuff I don't know XD)? Hell, any good local bands from your area? Actually, don't you have a band as well? Myspaces?

The guitarist/vocalist and Bassist of my band went off to college on the East Coast. I'm by my lonesome now.

I wouldn't know of any bands in my area. Primarily because I live in a big suburban area and most people here are tossers that listen to Lady Gaga.