Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Whining (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I am one of the knights who say....TEA ! (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=22570)

Deadmanwalking_05 05-11-2010 04:57 PM

I am one of the knights who say....TEA !

Taxed Enough Already!

JCC 05-11-2010 05:09 PM

I am one of the knights who say... NYFN!

No You're Fucking Not!

Alan 05-11-2010 05:16 PM

Deadman, how much are you taxed?

Ben Lahnger 05-11-2010 05:20 PM

I'm not giving you my shrubbery. Never!

Ben Lahnger 05-11-2010 05:27 PM

By the way, take a breath once in a while ... you're depriving your brain of oxygen.

Now get a grip. We're going to need more taxes. Maybe you try to shift it to the rich ... I don't know. But 51% of the people in this country pay no Federal Income Tax now. And we don't have enough revenue for what we're spending. So we'll need more revenue. And we'll have to ask our government to do less. And we'll have to ask the government to cut back on existing spending.

Or we're all headed the way Greece is now.

Saya 05-12-2010 10:53 AM

I like how an idea of "no taxation without representation" went to "I just don't want to pay taxes especially if a black man is in office." Sure its pretty much the health care act that motivates the tea baggers, but where were they when Bush announced their tax dollars were going to go to the war effort in Iraq?

Ben Lahnger 05-12-2010 11:44 AM

Or where where they in 2003 when President Bush was herding the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act (the largest expansion of Medicare since its creation, at the time) through Congress?

As of February 2009, the projected net cost of the program over the 2006 to 2015 period was $549.2 billion. - (WIKIPEDIA) - And by many conservative sources I respect, that estimate is low. So where was this outrage then?

Where were they when Congress and the Bush administration rolled back financial regulation to the point where the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac debacles were possible and where the seemingly industry wide irresponsibility in the finance industry was allowed that caused tens of thousands of mortgage foreclosures and retirement fund collapses to rock our country's financial bedrock?

By the way, Deadman, when is the last time you contacted someone in Congress? The Senate is currently debating and will soon vote on Wall Street reform.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

I contacted my Senators today to urge them to vote to let states play a role in consumer financial protection and not to let the big banks avoid state rules and enforcement. Seemed like a much more constructive thing to do than going on about tea.

Joker_in_the_Pack 05-12-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC (Post 616575)
I am one of the knights who say... NYFN!

No You're Fucking Not!

Not only am I in complete agreement, but your acronym is much more fun to pronounce as if it were a single word.

Underwater Ophelia 05-13-2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya (Post 616687)
I like how an idea of "no taxation without representation" went to "I just don't want to pay taxes especially if a black man is in office." Sure its pretty much the health care act that motivates the tea baggers, but where were they when Bush announced their tax dollars were going to go to the war effort in Iraq?

Some of us were upset about that, too.

But it's not about "I don't want to pay taxes at all." It's about "I don't want to pay taxes for something I don't believe in."

KissMeDeadly 05-13-2010 05:43 AM

You know, it's shit like this, especially the muddy road of taxation, that makes me kind of wish that we all lived in caves again. There would be no taxes, no governments doing terrible atrocities, like providing healthcare for the people it promised to take care of, and everybody would just be responsible for their own shit.

Alan 05-13-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly (Post 616823)
no governments doing terrible atrocities, like providing healthcare for the people it promised to take care of

http://www.nataliedee.com/102605/i-said-what.jpg
blacktext

donmara 05-13-2010 09:29 AM

Your typical tea bag gathering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk

Your typical market fundamentalist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw1SjfDbppo

:p

Ben Lahnger 05-13-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

You know, it's shit like this, especially the muddy road of taxation, that makes me kind of wish that we all lived in caves again. There would be no taxes, no governments doing terrible atrocities, like providing healthcare for the people it promised to take care of, and everybody would just be responsible for their own shit.

You do realize that everyone's life expectancy would be significantly less than what it is now, right? I'd bet 50% of what it is now or less if you didn't have a guarantee of clean water and ready emergency services and supervised food distribution and relatively safe travel and much more comfort and protection than a cave can provide.

We may have too much government. The best answer isn't no government.

Unless that was a sardonic, dryly worded joke. In which case, well played.

KissMeDeadly 05-13-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger (Post 616853)
Unless that was a sardonic, dryly worded joke. In which case, well played.

Quite right.

Saya 05-13-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia (Post 616821)
Some of us were upset about that, too.

But it's not about "I don't want to pay taxes at all." It's about "I don't want to pay taxes for something I don't believe in."

You're a tea bagger?

Tam Li Hua 05-13-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

But...but I like having hospitals and modern medicine and grocery stores and all. :(

I've been on the "cave" end of things, in a way. It really isn't that great.

Also, what Ophie said.

donmara 05-13-2010 02:02 PM

C'mon people, socialized medicine is needed.

Very simply, the market cannot provide healthcare for everyone due to its expensive nature. The ramifications of this are staggering.

Healthcare under a socialized system does the best it can to provide for everyone. Of course, given the expensive nature of the industry, rationing will most likely occur. But who cares ?

Underwater Ophelia 05-13-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya (Post 616894)
You're a tea bagger?

I'm not interested in discussing it here, but if by "tea bagger" you mean I believe we need to stop this bailout nonsense and I want to not be taxed for shit that'll never benefit me in any way, then yes.

I repeat, I am not interested in explaining myself to people on the internet.

Saya 05-13-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia (Post 616935)
I'm not interested in discussing it here, but if by "tea bagger" you mean I believe we need to stop this bailout nonsense and I want to not be taxed for shit that'll never benefit me in any way, then yes.

Wow. Didn't get a tax return this year?

Solumina 05-13-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Funny, you always seem to think that everyone needs to explain themselves to you.

Also, the bailout hasn't cost taxpayers nearly as much as everyone seems to think. A lot of the loans are being paid back on or ahead of schedule, and the government is making some interest on those loans. I agree that there should have been a system in place to prevent the situation from occurring but the problems are due to the instability of our finance system, not high taxes.

Ben Lahnger 05-13-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solumina (Post 616952)
funny, you always seem to think that everyone needs to explain themselves to you.

Also, the bailout hasn't cost taxpayers nearly as much as everyone seems to think. A lot of the loans are being paid back on or ahead of schedule, and the government is making some interest on those loans. I agree that there should have been a system in place to prevent the situation from occurring but the problems are due to the instability of our finance system, not high taxes.

thank you!!!!

Catch 05-14-2010 12:18 AM

Wooo! Communism it basically saying, "I think normal people are too incompetent to take care of themselves!"

Well, I think, that's what it means. It's hard typing today. Luckily the hole in my denim hat has a zipper.

Mir 05-14-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catch (Post 616966)
Wooo! Communism it basically saying, "I think normal people are too incompetent to take care of themselves!"

Well, I think, that's what it means. It's hard typing today. Luckily the hole in my denim hat has a zipper.

Greatest. Post. Ever.

All Shall Be Judged 05-14-2010 04:47 AM

Quote:

Well, considering that you just did, it seems that you're perfectly happy to hear the sound of your own voice. What you're not interested in is dialogue with others, which is typical of your conduct here.

I'm genuinely curious as to whether you're this big an ass in real life.

Underwater Ophelia 05-14-2010 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Shall Be Judged (Post 616975)
Well, considering that you just did, it seems that you're perfectly happy to hear the sound of your own voice. What you're not interested in is dialogue with others, which is typical of your conduct here.

I'm genuinely curious as to whether you're this big an ass in real life.

I absolutely am--feel free to ignore anything and everything I say.