Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's made your day? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=16268)

Solumina 04-08-2012 02:32 PM

I know! Her parents didn't even ask her to do it or anything she just decided to all on her own, it was absolutely precious, kind of restored a bit of my faith in humanity.

MissCheyenne 04-08-2012 02:37 PM

I always find faith is restored in the most unlikely of places by the most unexpected of people. Keeps me on my toes.

Timeless Rebellion 04-08-2012 03:06 PM

Finding out about Charmed: Season 9 kinda made my day. It really does depend on if it's any good, I shall know as soon as I start reading.

Versus 04-08-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 692688)
Wow I got so distracted by Apathy coming back that I completely forgot to post what made my day (although Apathy being back does also make my day). Today we were doing our Easter egg hunt here at the resort and per usual it was super crazy and there were a couple of kids who were so overwhelmed by the chaos that they didn't really manage to find any eggs. There was the one girl,looked to be about six years old, who noticed some younger kids wandering around with empty baskets when the hunt was pretty much over and just about everyone had left. She ran ahead to where it looked like they were going and hid about a dozen of the eggs she had found so the other kids could find them.

That's really cool, actually.

Fruitbat 04-09-2012 02:22 AM

Standing on a balcony, feeling the sun kissing my cheek and the wind playing with my hair and the only sound was a kookaburra in a tree.

Magical.

Nature rules.

Timeless Rebellion 04-09-2012 06:47 AM

Fruitbat: Any minute now, Romeo is gonna call out to you.

Fruitbat 04-09-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion (Post 692736)
Fruitbat: Any minute now, Romeo is gonna call out to you.

Oh sweetie, you are a comedian! I think Romeo's went out of fashion in Bill shakespears day.

I'll stick with nature honey because I'm pretty sure Huge Jackman and Ape Descendent are taken (dammit).

Although if you change your words around it could be Fruitbat: Any minute now Romeo is going to call you out. - and that's more like it

Valhalla 04-09-2012 02:17 PM

I was always more of a Mercutio kinda girl, myself.

Fruitbat 04-09-2012 10:19 PM

Val - My highschool R&J study was limited to watching the 1960s version and then our teacher said "What do you think of it?" and we spent about 10 minutes discussing it and then she was onto something else.

But I'm in a mood for gossiping, so I'll tell you about my girlfriend who had a painful crush in her second to last year at highschool.

She'd be all "Is he looking this way? Oh my god, he's looking this way." (he'd be on the oval looking to catch a ball or something and she'd be thinking he'd be looking at her).

I forgot how many times we walked past his crowd at lunchtime so she could pretend to talk to me, and check him out... sigh.. drove me absolutely crazy....

CuckooTuli 04-10-2012 04:54 AM

Apathy!! I thought I detected the sweet, sweet itch of chronic VD. Good to see ya, you crazy lil' spunkmonkey. :D

Valhalla 04-11-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruitbat (Post 692726)
Standing on a balcony, feeling the sun kissing my cheek and the wind playing with my hair and the only sound was a kookaburra in a tree.

Magical.

Nature rules.

So after I read this I had "Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree" or whatever the title of that song actually is stuck in my head. So my mom gave me a ride to volunteering, and I was kind of singing the song. Then later on I hear her absentmindedly humming the tune.

Damn is it ever catchy.

honeythorn 04-11-2012 03:05 PM

I got an easter egg ( Double decker yumyum) in the raffle AND it had a mug with it.

AND I have had a pay rise ( everyone at work has ) ^_____^ admittedly not the vast payrise I deserve, for putting up with what may be the world's most disturbing dancing and singing on my section... but any payrise is better than none , or even worse a pay cut ! It'll probably end up as working out to an extra tenner a month after tax but hey ho....*scrobbles a piece of egg*

Fruitbat 04-12-2012 01:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FnF2ROKtdMY

Pimp my horse.

Solumina 04-12-2012 02:20 PM

I got to talk to Jacob :)
I don't care if it was only for a minute and that it was just because they needed some information for his clearance, I got to hear his voice and tell him that I love him

Renatus 04-12-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 692889)
I got to talk to Jacob :)
I don't care if it was only for a minute and that it was just because they needed some information for his clearance, I got to hear his voice and tell him that I love him

Hows he liking great lakes?

Solumina 04-12-2012 04:35 PM

I don't think he likes it much but then again he is less than two weeks into boot camp so it would be kind of weird if he liked anything there.

Renatus 04-12-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 692896)
I don't think he likes it much but then again he is less than two weeks into boot camp so it would be kind of weird if he liked anything there.

Well if he gets any leisure time he'll have plenty of stuff to keep him entertained. The entertainment facilities at great lakes I have little doubt could give your resort a run for it's money... with the exception that it doesn't have someone like you working there.

Their two arcades alone are the most extensive I've ever seen.

Since I seem to remember you mentioning you would be going there for his graduation perhaps I could prepare a little info on Chicago so you can have a night on the town with him in celebration, when you aren't occupied with each other that is.

When does he graduate from boot camp anyways?

Murder.Of.Crows 04-12-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 692896)

First two weeks of boot camp are the worst. I felt like cattle and I was pretty much naked all the time.... oh god, i hated the first two weeks of boot camp.

Solumina 04-12-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renatus (Post 692897)
Well if he gets any leisure time he'll have plenty of stuff to keep him entertained. The entertainment facilities at great lakes I have little doubt could give your resort a run for it's money... with the exception that it doesn't have someone like you working there.

Their two arcades alone are the most extensive I've ever seen.

Since I seem to remember you mentioning you would be going there for his graduation perhaps I could prepare a little info on Chicago so you can have a night on the town with him in celebration, when you aren't occupied with each other that is.

When does he graduate from boot camp anyways?

I'm planning on quitting work as soon as he graduates and as such I won;t need to worry about getting back to work at a certain time so I'll be free to enjoy Chicago, I've only every been once, with my family for a wedding so I didn't get to enjoy the city. Jake won't get more than about a day or so before he gets sent off to California but I figure that I don't know if/when I'll ever be there again so I want to enjoy it, I would love good ideas for what to do and see around the city.

Solumina 04-14-2012 11:21 PM

Just found a website that has "universal cup sizing" where you put in a bra that you have that fits and it tells you what your size is and I guess they actually take measurements of all of their bras so it tells you what size to order for each bra, which is kind of super cool cuz damn it cup sizes are inconsistent between brands. Although they only have it for larger chested women, which I find kind of odd, but they do have dd+ bras in a different section so maybe that has something to do with it.

Come to think of it is this a problem that smaller chested girls have? I don't remember it being and issue back when I was a C but I was like 14 so maybe I just didn't know how important it is to have a well fitting bra.

Solumina 04-15-2012 02:19 PM

Found a new blog to love and it is a slow day at work, match made in heaven!

Fruitbat 04-15-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 692989)
Just found a website that has "universal cup sizing" where you put in a bra that you have that fits and it tells you what your size is and I guess they actually take measurements of all of their bras so it tells you what size to order for each bra, which is kind of super cool cuz damn it cup sizes are inconsistent between brands. Although they only have it for larger chested women, which I find kind of odd, but they do have dd+ bras in a different section so maybe that has something to do with it.

Come to think of it is this a problem that smaller chested girls have? I don't remember it being and issue back when I was a C but I was like 14 so maybe I just didn't know how important it is to have a well fitting bra.

Oh that site sounds great Sol. Properly fitting cups is an issue for woman of all sizes. I remember being an A cup and it was hard to find nice fitting bras, and back then I thought it would be easier if I was bigger - yeah right *rolls eyes at herself*

I run around in crop top sports bras because everything else is so friggin uncomfortable. Plus I don't need to maximize my bust because it always gets to the destination five minutes before the rest of me...sigh...

Soya Coffee. Chocolate biscuits and having a 14kg toddler jumping up and down on my stomach - only because it proved that I do actually have stomach muscles, somewhere under there....

Renatus 04-15-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruitbat (Post 693012)
I run around in crop top sports bras because everything else is so friggin uncomfortable. Plus I don't need to maximize my bust because it always gets to the destination five minutes before the rest of me...sigh...

Well if it makes you feel better... or better yet makes your day. I'm sure the male population of Australia would thank me for suggesting you could go running without a bra.

typicallydia 04-15-2012 04:28 PM

1] having a nice boy comment on a photo of me without coming off as a creeper. genuine humans are rare

2] income tax in the bank after 2 days of distressing brokedness

3] having a boy cross my mind a few times and it not being hellish, tormenting, or distracting - just kinda sweet

Fruitbat 04-15-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renatus (Post 693013)
Well if it makes you feel better... or better yet makes your day. I'm sure the male population of Australia would thank me for suggesting you could go running without a bra.

*blushes*
*giggles*

Oh you made an old girl's day Ren. You are such a sweetie. But there's no way I'm leaving the house without a bra. You can do it if you're small, but when you get bigger, it looks like there are a couple of hampster's fighting in your top when you walk... not sexy at all.

I'll keep my girls locked down... Although MrBat took a close up cleavage shot the other day (testing out the camera on his Ipood), and it looked like butt crack. Then we got into a discussion about what body parts we could take pictures of that would look like buttcrack.... elbows and knees and armpits were the other ones we came up with.

That happened just before we found the Ipood farting application... sigh....so sophisticated....

I thought you were in a bitter battle with Timeless - you guys kept knocking each other out in another thread......*wink*