Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I can't beleive it's not maggot butter! (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=1957)

maggot 02-28-2006 09:28 PM

I can't beleive it's not maggot butter!

Yes, I AM aware that a maggot is the larval form of a fly, and that flys are not mammals. But I digress.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I enjoy technology, DIY, I'm into music A LOT, things like that.

2. Where are you from?
Massachusetts.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Anne Rice (gee, for my favorite author, I sure don't know how to spell her name.)

4. What are your favorite films?
Pecker, Plan 9 from Outer Space, Supersize Me, Nightmare on Elm Street, Etc.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Sisters of Mercy, The Cure.. Stuff like that. Things you can dance to that don't sound like utter crap (pop stars, im talking to you!)

6. At your funeral?
The more non-dancey stuff. Like Type O Negative, Zeromancer, Die krupps. You get the idea.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Too much blood drawn or hypothermia.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
The old-fashioned kind, where it's made to fit to a crucifix, if you know what i mean.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
My duster, velvet shirt, loose pants, combat boots. Not only is it comfortable, but it screams "Come smite me, O nonexistent god of mine!"

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
The ignorance, and the happiness.. Damned angst!

11. What's your favorite band?
That's a tough question.. Probably the bands I have previously listed and The Misfits

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm almost done with 8th Grade. I'm Hoping to go to art school, And major in 3D Fine arts, specifically ceramics

13. Why did you join?
To talk to people who are (supposedly) like me, and have a good time. Maybe find a GF/BF.

Oh, and I'm Male.

maggot 02-28-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xnguela
Welcome! You may fit in well. 8th grade is a little young, but hopefully you'll show us that you're mature for your years. We're not a dating service, although I think we have 2 couples on here at the moment. So, you probably won't find a girlfriend OR boyfriend here, but you may make a few friends.

Why did you choose the name Maggot? Isn't that what Slipknot fans call themselves? I didn't see any mention of Slipknot in your intro...

And welcome!

Lol, yes it is what Slipknot fans call themselves.. I'm a maggot, that's true. But currently I seem to be living in a less metal musical environment which is a tad strange for me, but I've been going through changes lately. Don't get me wrong, I still love metal, but im broadening my musical horizons currently.

Friends are always great, too, but V-day (which oddly rhymes with D-day) left me feeling strangely single.

I know 8th grade's a bit young, but I"m secure in my physical age, despite wishing i was old enough to get sufficient(sp?) respect from everyone, and old enough for the whole piercing without parental consent. My mother won't let me get ANY peircing i want until im 16, bu then I'm only allowed to get a single eyebrow peircing.. She might also let me get an industrual peircing in my ear before that, but I doubt it.

Oh, and thank you. (Here, I'm hoping I dont forget this site. I have the nasty habit of doing that after a month or 2.)

maggot 02-28-2006 10:20 PM

The only reason I'm even using capitals and apostrophes is because i read for the newbs :D
I'll check out the music forum tomorrow, when I'm at my father's house. Since his laptop has one of the worst processors on the planet still in serious use, i spend a lot of time on forums.

I love knowing obscuring bands so much.

Do these forums use VB or HTML? I don't wanna use the incorrect tags.

WolfMoon 02-28-2006 10:47 PM

I really dislike when people use lines like 'you know what I mean' or 'you get the idea'.

If we could read your mind we wouldn't need you to type it out.

/grump

Shi'ark 03-01-2006 02:19 AM

Greeting Maggot, I to am a maggot (slipknot fan) so I think that your fined a happy home here. Being from the UK I don’t know how old you are in the 8th grade, but hay I don’t care. So long as your open minded to handle what you see, and besides there’s a hell of a lot more scarier things out their on the net.
Bee seeing you.

WolfMoon 03-01-2006 07:44 AM

All we need is a bunch of Slipknot and CoF fans around here to prove how gawth we are.

Shi'ark 03-01-2006 08:07 AM

Quote:

Shi'ark, you've been here for like 3 days...

I joined over a week ago, and before that I was visiting this site on and off for about a year. That’s why joined when I had the time to spend on the net, everyone seemed friendly, if a little nit-pickly.

Disfunction 03-01-2006 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfMoon
All we need is a bunch of Slipknot and CoF fans around here to prove how gawth we are.

I've got the CoF angle covered.

Shi'ark 03-01-2006 08:55 AM

Quote:

I was teasing, sweetheart. I just thought it a little comical that you were telling the newbies if they'd fit in. That doesn't mean you should stop, though!

By "nitpicky" you mean me, right?

Right, but don't stop.I enjoy friendly banter. It’s how people from East London talk to each other and gate keeping’s a lonely job so it's good to talk to some one. I talk to new people coz I’m new, and it lets them know how easy it if to settle in.

maggot 03-01-2006 01:53 PM

Hooray! Digression straight to your inbox!

When I say things like 'You know what I mean.' it's basically acting as an et cetera.

Damned TLAs.. What's CoF?

maggot 03-01-2006 02:31 PM

Lol.. Cradle of Filth... Don't get me wrong, I like Black Metal, but I prefer bands like Marduk and Dimmu Borgir.

A TLA is a Three Letter Acronym. It's kinda funny that TLA is a TLA.

Tall One In Black 03-01-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyesofatragedy
Welcome Maggot!

God, I felt like an drill instructor just saying that!

Ha ha ha ha ha! That struck me funny!

Circle V 03-01-2006 07:49 PM

Welcome, Maggot. You certainly are a fine example of how mature us younger peoples can be.

By the way, awesome new avatar, Disfunction!

maggot 03-02-2006 01:22 PM

I'm decent in Pkotoshop... Does it have to be me? Could it be an animated GIF with just text?

She_Is_My_Sin 03-02-2006 02:38 PM

Hello welcome maggot. Seeing as I sort of answered some of your eyeliner questions I'd thought I'd say hi.
Anyways enjoy your time here.

Reject_Bunnies 03-02-2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggot
TLA is a Three Letter Acronym. It's kinda funny that TLA is a TLA.

A late welcome from me :D

Speaking of three-letter acronyms,what about the band:"H.I.M."?