Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's made your day? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=16268)

CarrionCorpse 04-06-2011 09:22 AM

Listening to Deftones and imagining how amazing the show will be on the 28th of this month!

Ben Lahnger 04-06-2011 10:08 AM

TWEET OF THE DAY!

@GeorgeTakei: Fox news announced Glenn Beck will transition off his program. In related news, Frodo destroyed the One Ring. #SoreOnFox

Ahahahahahaha!

MissCheyenne 04-06-2011 10:22 AM

I was talking to my Mum and she was telling me about the convent high school she went to. Turns out the group of nuns who ran the school she was at were called 'The Sisters of Mercy'. I imagine that name is not all that shocking or uncommon but it amused me for a while :)

Ben Lahnger 04-06-2011 11:18 AM

That IS amusing.

I picked up 'My Bloody Valentine 3D' (2009) on Blu-ray, including 4 pairs of 3D glasses, for $6.00! So I'm pretty pleased about that.

Oh, I know it's not that great of a horror movie, but I'm a bit of a collector of 3D films that use the red/green glasses. So this is a unique and cheap add to the collection.

Ben Lahnger 04-07-2011 10:58 AM

Neil Gaiman's new, revised introduction to his Duran Duran book!

excerpt: "For those comparing the original edition with this one, you’ll notice some small changes. For instance, this one is 500 pages longer. I added key scenes between Le Bon and Sting to better foreshadow their future rivalry. This will make sense in volume two when their respective children, Le BonBon and Sting Abit, fight the ultimate battle between Good versus Evil. I’ve also made Robert Palmer’s role in the book much larger to accommodate his future appearances in the saga as the wise soothsayer surrounded by his army of lookalike goddesses. I’ve removed any mention of Andy Taylor and Nick Rhodes because there are too many characters in the book already. I’ve removed Boy George’s scenes from the book, because while I confidently tackled gender and identity in A Game of You, even I find Boy George to be terribly confusing. And I’ve also removed all the lyrics because that shit is expensive."

The whole thing is pretty darned funny. I encourage you to click on the link and read it for yourself.

Saya 04-13-2011 03:16 PM

My student union is going to cover a trip to Winnipeg for the Rebelles conference, and I'm more than likely going with my crush :3

Fruitbat 04-14-2011 03:01 AM

Dropping another dress-size.

Ben Lahnger 04-14-2011 08:17 AM

Hey, Fruitbat, way to go!

Keep that up and you will truly start driving your husband batty! :D

Ben Lahnger 04-14-2011 01:13 PM

Tweeted by George Takei:

Kobe's "F*cking f*ggot" slur not "meant to offend." In related news, U.S. sorry, fined for internment. #ThatsMrF*ckingF*ggot

Tweeted by Pauly Pelgroso:

So a homophobe, a rrapist and a black guy walk into a bar, and everyone's like "Can I have your autograph, Kobe?"

ZINNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!

korinna5555 04-14-2011 09:17 PM

I've been going hiking every day of this week. About 5-6 miles per day. Been teaching kids about native wildflowers and how to identify them. Lots-o-fun. Got a sunburn and my legs are really sore, but it's worth it. Going again tomorrow! (well, technically today, I suppose)

ape descendant 04-14-2011 10:57 PM

I have survived another year.. was brought chocolate, flowers, starwars card and awesome blalloon. I didn't think it could get any better untill....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP9SX...eature=related

Fruitbat 04-15-2011 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger (Post 663758)
Hey, Fruitbat, way to go!

Keep that up and you will truly start driving your husband batty! :D

Thanks Ben XD.

I've already driven Mr Bat batty - aka insane. He's giving me dark looks because I woke him up too early this morning - but heck I like jumping on the bed - like a little kid.

I survived boxing class today... I'm so uncoordinated, it if I hadn't had a pure saint as a partner I would never have lasted the hour... I would have been kicked out. I said sorry a lot.

Ben Lahnger 04-15-2011 10:45 AM

Tacquitos!!!!

Saya 04-15-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya (Post 663695)
My student union is going to cover a trip to Winnipeg for the Rebelles conference, and I'm more than likely going with my crush :3

And we now might be sharing a bed. EEEEEK.

Solumina 04-15-2011 01:40 PM

EEEEEK! Indeed, I'm sure you are excited and a bit terrified.

Make sure you tell us all the dirty little details if anything sexy happens.

honeythorn 04-15-2011 01:49 PM

I HAVE FOUND A PAIR OF HOLD UP STOCKINGS THAT FIT MY LEGS.

I nearly fainted with shock and am ecstatic! I hope my boyfriend enjoys the sight of them as much as I enjoy wearing them!!

Saya 04-15-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 663931)
EEEEEK! Indeed, I'm sure you are excited and a bit terrified.

Make sure you tell us all the dirty little details if anything sexy happens.

I will! I was going to ask her out soon but now I'm not sure if I should wait until after the trip, you know, might be awkward if she's not into me and then we have to go share a bed.

CuckooTuli 04-16-2011 06:55 AM

A night of shisha, pollen hash and booze, meeting some lovely and hilarious people, and totally pawning a hilariously overconfident old friend in a (semi) friendly fight that left three glasses, a mug and a wall clock shattered in the wreckage. Also, a thankfully VERY tolerant and amused host, who kind of did it to herself by egging us on with a fork (don't ask).

Unfortunately, all this also means I slept in until almost 1 this afternoon, and now have to cancel my plans for tonight to make up for the school work I should have done today. It was worth it though. And the uni work's on Jack Kerouac, so I don't really mind. :)

Ben Lahnger 04-16-2011 11:51 AM

"Bachmann says God told her to end same sex marriage. Yes, God does have a history of making crank calls to crazy people." ~ Frank Conniff

Versus 04-16-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya (Post 663933)
I will! I was going to ask her out soon but now I'm not sure if I should wait until after the trip, you know, might be awkward if she's not into me and then we have to go share a bed.

I have been waiting so long to post this.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...llainmcs-1.jpg

Solumina 04-16-2011 03:55 PM

The weather is full of win and doom. Looks like we may even get a tornado on top of the torrential rain, lightning, and hail. Too bad I’m stuck at work and can't turn off the lights to better enjoy the storm.

Saya 04-16-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Versus (Post 664002)
I have been waiting so long to post this.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...llainmcs-1.jpg

You already did! When I called your little ears cute.

But don't worry, no matter who I'm with, you say the word and they are gone and I'm naked XD

Solumina 04-16-2011 06:24 PM

This weather has stopped making my day and instead is ruining my night because it is making people stupid.

Saya 04-16-2011 06:48 PM

Weather is finally getting better, sunny today but it was chilly.

What made my day: helping my little cousin with her Julius Caesar homework. She's 17, and the other girl moving in with me and my sister is just going to be there for for a year, so after than when my cousin graduates she's thinking about moving in with us and going to my university. Scary! I used to babysit her!

Solumina 04-16-2011 11:50 PM

Drunk texting can be really fun, whether you are the drunk or the person they are texting. It is doubly fun if you are both drunk.