Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Shockingly tasty! (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=13720)

Shoccolate 12-13-2008 04:01 AM

Shockingly tasty!

...Though it is advised that you don't lick on the first date. That's just unhygienic.

Strange and potentially awkward wordplay aside, it's a pleasure to meet those of you who actually clicked on that thread title. I generally like to introduce myself as Red, Faith, or any mangling of my username you can think of. As for this whole "bio" thing, well... I'll cover the truly important bits, and let you guess the rest. Or you could, you know, actually say something to me. I don't bite. Unless you like that sort of thing.

Who
We already covered the names, so all that's left to add are a few personal tidbits. I like imported stuff, whether it be music, television, fashion or cuisine. America is sadly lacking in cultural creativity, but it has it's pleasures as the world's greatest mixing pot.

My tastes in music are wide and varied, but I have a distinct preference for things that focus on the human condition and the darker sides of the mind. Mama was born a flower child, but was a little too late for the movement. I was listening to Pink Floyd, Queensryche, White Snake and occasionally The Cure before I could read. I branched out from there, and the only thing my mother and I seem to have in common nowadays is our general hatred of pop music.

As for literature, my childhood favorites were authored by Isaac Asimov and Orson Scott Card, thanks to mother's latent Trekkie-ism. Now my collection spans across many genres, but they have certain themes in common.

I have been skirting the Gothic community for a while now, and have only just recently begun to truly test the waters. This just seemed like the ideal place to be broken in.

What
I am a barely legal student at present. I am also a chocoholic, if you couldn't tell, who happens to be nocturnal. My personality is chaotic at best, and cynical at worst.

Where
I live in a very, very small town in the southern United States. People have those funny little accents, and any sort of little niche of counterculture is a rare find. I will soon be moving to a more densely populated area, so hopefully it will be easier to get my hands on the things that I really like.

Hopefully I haven't made too much of an ass of myself, but unfortunately, I'm only human. >;3

Deadmanwalking_05 12-13-2008 04:22 AM

Welcome to GNet.

Albert Mond 12-13-2008 04:27 AM

I feel a strange urge to strangle somebody.

Deadmanwalking_05 12-13-2008 04:41 AM

Is there somthing everybody should know?

If so do share.

Shoccolate 12-13-2008 04:51 AM

Well, if this isn't interesting and somewhat confusing.

At any rate, it is a pleasure to meet both of you. I think.

Albert Mond 12-13-2008 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoccolate
Well, if this isn't interesting and somewhat confusing.

At any rate, it is a pleasure to meet both of you. I think.

;)
I'mgonnastealallofyourchocolate

Deadmanwalking_05 12-13-2008 05:26 AM

Shoccolate I have to ask.

Are you male or Female?

(Just wondering)

Shoccolate 12-13-2008 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05
Shoccolate I have to ask.

Are you male or Female?

(Just wondering)

Ah, but it's so much more fun to watch people squirm with unfulfilled curiosity.

Saya 12-13-2008 05:44 AM

Quote:

Where
I live in a very, very small town in the southern United States. People have those funny little accents, and any sort of little niche of counterculture is a rare find. I will soon be moving to a more densely populated area, so hopefully it will be easier to get my hands on the things that I really like.

Now everything you ever post I will hear in a southern belle accent :D

You mentioned you like imported music and television, any favourites?

PinstripesAndPithHelmets 12-13-2008 06:24 AM

Welcome. I hope you like the forum.

tekajo 12-13-2008 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya
Now everything you ever post I will hear in a southern belle accent

And if Shocc turns out to be a guy? In your case...probably so. ;)
Quote:

I live in a very, very small town in the southern United States. People have those funny little accents, and any sort of little niche of counterculture is a rare find.
Welcome to Gothic.net. Southern small town born and raised. And i do own one of those funny little accents. Little? Hell i sound worse than Larry the fucking Cable Guy drunk.

i like the intro. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

††BlackRose†† 12-13-2008 10:14 AM

Welcome to the boards!

Necrophagist 12-13-2008 03:26 PM

Hello..........

Shoccolate 12-14-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya
Now everything you ever post I will hear in a southern belle accent :D

Ha! Fortunately, I lose what little accent I have whenever I'm out of the area for more than a week. It comes from having an interest in other languages, I suppose. I spend more time talking to people who speak with Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese accents.

Quote:

You mentioned you like imported music and television, any favourites?
I'm currently somewhat obsessed with Japan, so BUCK-TICK, Gackt, L'arc~en~Ciel, Gazette... The usual stuff. I still have my Rammstein albums though. ;3

I notice that your avatar is from Mononoke. Good show. Unfortunate that the only stuff you can get around here is Naruto, Bleach and Dragonball Z. I mean, if you must watch pseudo-ninjas beat the crap out of one another, pick something that is actually set in Japan. Basilisk is pretty good for that.

I should probably stop going off on tangents like that. Meh.

Quote:

Southern small town born and raised. And i do own one of those funny little accents. Little? Hell i sound worse than Larry the fucking Cable Guy drunk.
Loads of fun, isn't it? Hey, maybe we should compare accents sometime. Mine gets pretty strong with a little liquor. Not that I actually drink. That would just be wrong, you know?

Again, nice to meet everybody!

korinna5555 12-14-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Naruto, Bleach and Dragonball Z.

No, no, noo.

I loves me some Kyo Kara Maoh.

Pineapple_Juice 12-14-2008 03:23 PM

You know what else is shockingly tasty?

yandere 12-14-2008 04:38 PM

welcome and have fun

Shoccolate 12-16-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korinna5555
No, no, noo.

I loves me some Kyo Kara Maoh.

Gotta love the gay demons! I'm more of a Yami no Matsuei person myself. Loveless wasn't too bad either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice
You know what else is shockingly tasty?

No, but I have a feeling that I'm about to.