Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's made your day? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=16268)

BourbonBoy 07-22-2015 10:30 AM

It's been almost a year since my girlfriend and I got together. Normally I've decided within a couple of dates if I want to stay with someone or not and I can say I've enjoyed her company all of this time. I've already bought tickets to see Kevin Smith spoken word show to celebrate and I'm waiting to break the news to her this weekend.

Acharis 07-22-2015 01:05 PM

Woo! I'm glad you're enjoying.

Me... Struggling then realising I may be more capable of stuff than I thought. Baby steps.

Fruitbat 07-25-2015 09:14 AM

Congrats BB that's awesome...

Decided to buy a muscle car.

Ach.... Way to go with the baby steps. Xo

Acharis 07-25-2015 11:05 AM

It may have to be baby crawls, I am exhausted. Thankyou Fruity

Fruitbat 07-27-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acharis (Post 811736)
It may have to be baby crawls, I am exhausted. Thankyou Fruity

Better to move however you are comfortable.

Have you seen how fast babies move when they crawl? They are pretty quick.
Babybat used to race a cat (well the cat would race babybat)

WMMD
Spending two hours picking up those horrible beans that go inside bean bags, after babybat and his naughty hands decided to create a winter wonderland....

Acharis 12-12-2015 10:23 AM

Lying down and resting.

BourbonBoy 12-17-2015 08:14 PM

Graduation ceremony was tonight. Finishing this sweet finish with beer and a dinner for two with my fiancée

Saya 12-17-2015 09:49 PM

WITNESS!!!

http://giant.gfycat.com/SafeAcclaimedEelelephant.gif

Versus says congrats too and sent a gif.

https://coubsecure-a.akamaihd.net/ge...6_2vspc38i.gif

BourbonBoy 12-17-2015 11:40 PM

I should except nothing less than from the infamous, brutal, all around badass of Gnet Versus!
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/136...lute-you-o.gif

(BTW, give that big oversized teddy bear a hug and kiss from me for thanks!)

Saya 01-21-2016 07:03 PM

Apparently I got 2000 dollars knocked off my student loans as a reward for graduating.

YAYIFICATIONS.

Stormbringer 01-21-2016 09:55 PM

Our long, tedious, hot, humid and difficult workplace relocation is finally lurching to its completion. As of 12:30 this afternoon I now have four days off ! Happy Australia Day to all Aussies here and everywhere.

...and remember Australia is not so much a place as a state of mind.

Mr. Tony 01-29-2016 09:47 AM

My paycheck.

Fruitbat 02-03-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonBoy (Post 813123)
Graduation ceremony was tonight. Finishing this sweet finish with beer and a dinner for two with my fiancée

Congrats... What an awesome way to celebrate!!

Bernie made my day... also some of the churches in Oz are providing sanctury for those refugees being forced to return to Naru

BourbonBoy 02-09-2016 09:55 PM

Thanks Fruity! Sorry for the late reply.

Today I was able to do a yogi bridge off the ground after several weeks of increasing my flexibility and holding it for more than ten seconds. I'd like to be able to do a full bridge where my arms are straight and not at a 45 degree angle. The great thing is, my back is already feeling much better than it has in years.

Fruitbat 02-14-2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonBoy (Post 813704)
Thanks Fruity! Sorry for the late reply.

Today I was able to do a yogi bridge off the ground after several weeks of increasing my flexibility and holding it for more than ten seconds. I'd like to be able to do a full bridge where my arms are straight and not at a 45 degree angle. The great thing is, my back is already feeling much better than it has in years.

Yahh!!! Just don't overdo the Yoga stretching hun. You can do yourself damage. Gentle with that body of yours.

It's okay, I'm not on here much... Got a stack of stuff on at the moment. Get to chat with the ever lovely Ape on FB... So there's no real need for me to be on here much... Except to see how everyone is going.

BourbonBoy 02-15-2016 10:00 AM

Believe me I won't :) It's been quite a ride since my back started to act up again and yoga's the only thing that's helped so far. If I had the funds I'd go to a doctor so for now it's nothing but home remedies.

No worries. Priorities are always more important than any forum. *hugs*

BourbonBoy 04-19-2016 09:32 AM

Well, aside from being married a month ago (see the rant thread for recent troubles) I just found out I'm going to be a father! *does back flips around the house*

Now if only family and friends would quit sending me links for baby clothes that have labels all over them. This is what the thrift store is about people ;)

Acharis 04-22-2016 03:37 AM

Woohoo! Congrats!

Dress them in tiny halloween costumes.

LovelyLunaxx 04-23-2016 01:47 PM

Haven't been on here in forever. Finally got a new phone that doesn't die every hour so that made my day! (and possibly year)

Stormbringer 04-24-2016 05:07 AM

Congratulations BB. Welcome to parenthood - which, these days covers the instant of conception and about the next thirty years or so. I saw my little treasure for the first time when he was about an inch long emerging from the primordial darkness of the womb (via ultrasound) and shaped like a peanut. Whenever I remind him of the fact these days, I'm counered with, "Oh, gimmie a break dad ! " Kudos to you my friend.

Anise 04-26-2016 05:07 PM

Awww hey huge congrats BB!
Wonderful news to hear <3

HumanePain 04-28-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonBoy (Post 813990)
Well, aside from being married a month ago (see the rant thread for recent troubles) I just found out I'm going to be a father! *does back flips around the house*

Now if only family and friends would quit sending me links for baby clothes that have labels all over them. This is what the thrift store is about people ;)

Belated congratulations BB, for both marriage and impending replication!
You're gonna make a great daddy.

Saya 04-29-2016 10:28 AM

Oh wow BB! Congrats!!!

BourbonBoy 05-05-2016 09:58 AM

Thanks everyone! We're going for our second update next week so I'll keep you updated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acharis (Post 813996)
Woohoo! Congrats!

Dress them in tiny halloween costumes.

I've been thinking about it tbh, since it will be a December baby and all of the infant costumes will be on discount before that :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormbringer (Post 814000)
Congratulations BB. Welcome to parenthood - which, these days covers the instant of conception and about the next thirty years or so. I saw my little treasure for the first time when he was about an inch long emerging from the primordial darkness of the womb (via ultrasound) and shaped like a peanut. Whenever I remind him of the fact these days, I'm counered with, "Oh, gimmie a break dad ! " Kudos to you my friend.

Heh, yeah I saw it a few weeks ago and the fetus resembled a pea with a string tied to it XD

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanePain (Post 814008)
Belated congratulations BB, for both marriage and impending replication!
You're gonna make a great daddy.

Thanks for the encouragement HP. I'm hoping for the best.

Acharis 05-08-2016 11:24 AM

Yassss. Dinosaur onesie.

Not much is making my day. I guess finally having medical tests? I also tried my first PB+J this year and am hooked.