Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Screen Names. (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=889)

mortalitas incomitatus 11-05-2005 12:35 AM

Screen Names.

how did you come up with your screen name?
1) came to me in a dream
2) its my nickname
3) it just sounded cool
4) it means something personal
5) i was trying to be a smartarse.

I was just wondering how everyone came up with there screen names.

'cos there are some strange ones out there.

:D

TrashedAndScattered 11-05-2005 12:43 AM

Mine is what i feel from my perssonal life..And its a song so I figured what the hell..it matches me..I'll use it.

tekajo 11-05-2005 12:46 AM

About six years ago i was toying around with some old methods of encrypting messages. When i did my name using a certain method with my own created syntax i came up with Te'Kajo No'Juku.

i liked the way it looked and sounded so i adopted Te'Kajo for my dj name. Yeah, i use to make some pisspoor techno songs.

On www.dmusic.com i posted a question inquiring what tekajo might mean in other languages (it would suck to be called penis wrinkle in Japanese or something), turns out tekajo could mean "notebook" in a Slavic language. i never got a definite answer. i gave up looking for a meaning after that.

Fin. :D

ElizabethBlack 11-05-2005 12:51 AM

How did I come up with my Screen name? I didn't, my Mother and Father did when I was born, because it's my real name. ;D

Soul_Immortal 11-05-2005 05:37 AM

I picked this name, because passion, love, goodness, etc. should have one: An immortal soul.

NyQuil of Doom 11-05-2005 09:20 AM

Mine is probably not as interesting a story as people would hope. The "NyQuil" part came from the fact that not only is NyQuil a rather lovely emeraldish colour and a favourite shade of green of mine, but Denis Leary had a bit in one of his shows about NyQuil ("We love you, big fucking Q!") and how it still came in the original "green fucking death flavour" or something like that... and according to one of those strange personality quizzes (What Flavour Are You?) I taste of death (hence the tagline).

The "...of doom" part came about because I like to attatch "of doom" and "of death" to the ends of things, like "the gold glitter fabric paint Of DOOM!" and "the flashy green light OF DEATH".

mortalitas incomitatus 11-05-2005 08:52 PM

well mortalitas incomitatus roughly translates into dying alone. (how very gothic of me)
but i think every creature eventually dies alone, just the way it is.
and i love latin, i've always wanted to learn it.
~that is all.

AlKilyu 11-05-2005 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekajo
(it would suck to be called penis wrinkle in Japanese or something)

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You rule on levels science has yet to discover. ^_^

Deadhymn 11-05-2005 10:31 PM

its a song by a band I like that none of you have heard of.

AlKilyu 11-05-2005 10:34 PM

It's a Norwegian band.

anti 11-06-2005 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElizabethBlack
How did I come up with my Screen name? I didn't, my Mother and Father did when I was born, because it's my real name. ;D

Really? Well, that's an awesome name you have, then.

My screen name? Well, it's a long and uninteresting story.

Demonista_Ravenesque 11-06-2005 03:40 AM

My screen name? I came up with it when my friends suddenly decided that we all needed an alias for our Alien versions...and voila!

Demonista Ravenesque

talon 11-06-2005 05:34 AM

i get stressed alot at school and start to talk about stabbing people. hence my friends started calling me talon.

Liquid_Dream 11-06-2005 05:57 AM

my screen name came out of a generator thing, uninteresting. but my nickname came from a book, and my boyfriend told me i was like her and started calling me it.

DeathTrip 11-06-2005 09:12 AM

It probably sounds really stupid, but sometimes in my dreams I get reminded of things I have to do, and a few days ago whilst getting reminded to join this site, I decided to use 'DeathTrip' again.

The Minister Saint-Fond 11-06-2005 09:34 AM

Hiya campers!

My screen name goes back to the excessively horny days of my early 20s. I was just getting to know the internet then (remember the mid to late 90s when the internet was still kind of new?) and I quickly learned that most of the people who liked to cyber were in the "Bondage" chat on MSN. Now, under normal circumstances, I'm not a big fan of "bondage" stuff. I mean, a pair of handcuffs now and then can be fun, but genereally speaking, anything that even sort of smacks of non-consentual sex turns me off and right quick. But! To reiterate, that's the chat with the people who cyber and Necessity is the Mother of Invention. So I chose the name "Minister Saint-Fond" from a famous book called Juliette by the Marquise de Sade.

Now, I have a horriblle memory. And I certainly wasn't going to remember a name and password to sign in as "MSF" for that room and "Ramp_it_up42" for the music room and this for one BBS and that for another BBS. So I decided that few enough people have made it through the lengthly and challenging (to the stomach, not the mind) books of the Marquise de Sade that I could just keep the same name everywhere and no one would know the difference.

As it turns out, I was right. Most people ask if I'm a preacher. To this day, I still find it amusing. Thus, Laziness has branded me forever as "The Minister Saint-Fond" online. Kind of unromantic, isn't it?

Tall One In Black 11-06-2005 12:52 PM

When deciding on a screen name, I wanted something that would be appropriate for all the communities I'm part of. I didn't want a cheesy uber-goth name for the goth chats, and a deep meaningful name for the psychology boards, and a stiff professional name for work-related activities... I wanted one simple name that I could use for everything.

So I thought, "How would I describe myself to someone who had never met me and needed to pick me out of a crowd?" The answer is that I would tell them to look for the tall one in black.

Saya 11-06-2005 01:31 PM

I just named myself after the main character in Blood: The Last Vampire. I adored her. I watched it before finding this forum ^_^.

tenet_2012 11-06-2005 11:14 PM

I took mine from weltfunk. Ronin Harris is a god!

mortalitas incomitatus 11-07-2005 08:12 AM

warning.......dont start with xng kiddo, she will chew you up and spit you out.
she is a vixen
just lower your head and back away.