Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Literature (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What Are You Reading? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=517)

DA1 06-22-2010 07:03 AM

The Screwtape Letters - C. S. Lewis

Saya 06-25-2010 11:01 PM

Finished R@pe: Sex, Violence, History. FINALLY. A really good read, I learned a lot and I'm definitely going to be using it as a reference book from here on, but I think I'm done with books that deal with r@pe for a while, and I'm still not over Push or A Thousand Sisters. I need something fluffy, so I'm reading Dead Until Dark.

Saya 06-27-2010 10:03 PM

Yeah, couldn't finish it. Wasn't on the edge of my seat to find out what Mary Sue Sookie would wear in the next chapter.

I forgot I didn't finish Oryx And Crake! So I'm back to that now.

Odineye 06-27-2010 10:17 PM

This thread

HumanePain 06-28-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dama de los Cuervos (Post 622571)
I just started Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series *again.* There is so much information there I feel I need to reread them to take book twelve in the proper context.

I have heard good reviews about it, I am going to have to start reading the series.

Lady Sorrow 06-28-2010 08:06 AM

the bachman books by stephen king. (collection of his earlier works)

Vlh 06-28-2010 02:43 PM

******. Before that, The Vampire Chronicles.

Cat Man 06-29-2010 10:58 AM

Dracula, but not because I've jumped on the Vampire bandwagon, its just a very enjoyable read. Also some Schopenhauer, and a bit of Orwell.

Saya 07-04-2010 05:41 PM

Finished Oryx And Crake, alright but not as good as Year Of The Flood. Which is a good thing I guess, the third book will probably be even better.

Reading Jane Slayre :3

the-nihilist 07-05-2010 06:43 AM

Algernon Blackwood - "The Willows"

vindicatedxjin 07-09-2010 07:47 AM

Straw Dogs : Thoughts On Humans And Other Animals - John Gray.

Saya 07-18-2010 06:51 PM

The Equality Illusion by Kat Banyard.

Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss 07-23-2010 08:51 PM

Working my way through a Grammar Book, No wait it is actually really interesting. My Little Leo (all of 3) pulled it off the shelf at Half Price Books here in Texas.

"The Deluxe Transitive Vampire - The Ultimate Handbook of Grammar for the Innocent, the Eager, and the Doomed"

Pineapple_Juice 07-24-2010 02:52 PM

Fool Moon from Jim Butcher.

Fruitbat 07-26-2010 01:41 AM

I'm reading a lot of the genre that I'm writing - finished Vampire kisses, reading burned in the house of night, the dreadful last book in the immortal series (if you like your hero's stupid then Ever's the girl for you), Betrayal and shiver. i need to pull my eyes out and finish one of them. Started a book by R mead - the succubus but just didn't hold my attention.

and if you want a really disturbing book to read try the research part of parenting for a peaceful world - it talks about childrearing practices since roman times... cruel and terrible us humans are.

Social Suicide 07-28-2010 12:40 PM

I just got done with a book called "The Toy Cemetery". It was boring beyond belief and I couldn't believe I actually forced myself to read the whole thing.

I am currently on book 3 of the Harry Potter series.
My friend brought them to school the last day and loaded my backpack up with them. She is making me read them because they are 'so good!'. As of yet, I fail to see what is so amazing, but they are good enough to hold my attention for more than one page.

Tam Li Hua 07-28-2010 12:58 PM

Insomnia by Stephen King.

Also discovered that I have not finished 'Salem's Lot [also SK] nor The Witching Hour by Anne Rice, but I feel I need to try and tackle one at a time.

Underwater Ophelia 07-28-2010 01:09 PM

A pop-up book about elephants.

Tam Li Hua 07-28-2010 01:27 PM

For some reason, Ophie, you just reminded me of the main character in Despicable Me. lol

Saya 08-09-2010 10:06 PM

I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. The only movie adaptation I've seen was The Last Man On Earth, which is one of my favourite Vincent Price films but I hear Matheson was really disappointed with it. After I finish I'll watch the recent flick and The Omega Man.

Sinjob 08-09-2010 10:31 PM

Currently the Great Gatsby, Wuthering Heights, and No-No Boy.

Though reading is a dear pastime of mine, all of these books were assigned over summer. Kill me. But through the torture they each have their moments.

Fruitbat 08-09-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya (Post 631956)
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. The only movie adaptation I've seen was The Last Man On Earth, which is one of my favourite Vincent Price films but I hear Matheson was really disappointed with it. After I finish I'll watch the recent flick and The Omega Man.

Let me know what the book I am legend is like. I'm still reading whatever it was I wrote a million pages ago. Almost finished Spells.

allyssa 08-14-2010 12:43 PM

white oleander by janet finch, it is shatteringly beautiful

DarkestSunrise 08-14-2010 05:22 PM

^ That was the first book I've ever read that made me cry. It really got to me.

Serian 08-14-2010 05:25 PM

Was reading Hannibal, and loving it, but I left it in my locker. Dx i'm now digging through my collection to find something worth reading. I began and finished the Host within 6 hours, though. It sounds like an accomplishment. ^-^