Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   For the "larger" goths (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=15759)

wraithofregret 08-06-2009 12:51 PM

For the "larger" goths

Okay, I need a little help, Im... well im just staight out fat, I know it, no big deal, my question is this,

Does any one know where i can get some decent goth fashion in the 3-4x+ range?

I would REALLY appreciate the help.

Malice In Wonderland 08-06-2009 12:54 PM

It's ok.
You're not a goth.
You have nothing to worry about.

DemiGoth 08-06-2009 06:01 PM

It's normally not common for goths to be in the 'larger' state of body so normally they don't make clothes that big. A simple solution, though is just to buy plain black jeans/shirts/clothes. Goth is DIY so aslong as it suits you you're fine. Of course if there's a certain brand you want that could be a problem. Try the brand "TRIPP", they're more of a mall-goth brand but they make very baggy/large clothing, so they might be able to help you out. But if not then just stick with plus-size black/band clothing.

Pantherlette086 08-06-2009 07:05 PM

Ebay is a good place to look.

Solumina 08-06-2009 08:12 PM

As much as Demi usually has no clue what he/she/it/whatever is talking about the point about getting plain clothes that can be found just about anywhere is a good one. You can either alter the clothes to give them more character or you can keep them simple and use accessories to make the outfit. If you really don't want to deal with diy, you don't have time for it, or you don't really have the skill to make something from just about nothing then Torrid is kind of like Hot Topic's "bigger" cousin, for the most part the stuff is overpriced crap but careful viewing of the clearance section may yield some positive results.

gothicusmaximus 08-06-2009 09:16 PM

I've got an idea: lose weight.

angel of darkness 08-07-2009 04:23 AM

Im kinda fat to and i dont feel confident =(

Lord Whiskerton 08-07-2009 07:11 AM

Try a hand at sewing and make clothes yourself.

DemiGoth 08-07-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 551253)
As much as Demi usually has no clue what he/she/it/whatever is talking about the point about getting plain clothes that can be found just about anywhere is a good one. You can either alter the clothes to give them more character or you can keep them simple and use accessories to make the outfit. If you really don't want to deal with diy, you don't have time for it, or you don't really have the skill to make something from just about nothing then Torrid is kind of like Hot Topic's "bigger" cousin, for the most part the stuff is overpriced crap but careful viewing of the clearance section may yield some positive results.

See I can make good points even though I'm odd. And by the way, I'm a he.

wraithofregret 08-08-2009 02:00 AM

thanks for the help Solumina and Demi, as far as max and malice, f*ck you, you don't like bigger people, fine, keep it to yourself, oh and YOU don't get to tell ME what i am and am not!!!

on a different note, darkness, never be ashamed of yourself, I'm big, i know it, and i wouldn't change it for anything, if people don't like you for who you are, f*ck 'em the only person you need acceptance from is yourself.

...... wow my shrink would be proud.......

Admins: I apologize for the language, i shall keep it pg-13 from now on

Malice In Wonderland 08-08-2009 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraithofregret (Post 551760)
thanks for the help Solumina and Demi, as far as max and malice, f*ck you, you don't like bigger people, fine, keep it to yourself, oh and YOU don't get to tell ME what i am and am not!!!

No, you're just an idiot.

Todesengel 08-09-2009 06:51 AM

I'm a larger person myself. I wouldn't say fat but I do occaisionally come across an item of clothing I love but it just doesn't come in my size.

angel of darkness 08-09-2009 08:47 AM

Thanks a lot Wraith

gothicusmaximus 08-09-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraithofregret (Post 551760)
as far as max and malice, f*ck you, you don't like bigger people, fine, keep it to yourself, oh and YOU don't get to tell ME what i am and am not!!!

Wait, I didn't declare that you were anything, except fat, which you affirmed yourself to be in your original post. Of anyone in this thread, I offered the best advice, in telling you to slim the fuck down rather than attempt in vain to find a shortcut around the problems that arise as a result of your probably unhealthy weight.

Quote:

I'm big, i know it, and i wouldn't change it for anything,
Really? Not even to look good, be healthy, and fit into clothes?

allyssa 08-09-2009 10:26 AM

you could always try to have corsets and such custom made but I have seen corsets and romantic gothic clothing on ebay that are quite stunning!

wraithofregret 08-12-2009 04:16 PM

Max, that statement was really aimed more toward malice, and youre right I did admit I was fat. But the fact remains that I was asking for clothing advice on the fashion forum, not how to make myself more like every body else...

and no im not trying to avoid the truth (I admitted to it in the first place, didnt I?). Besides, I doubt just losing weight will be enough. I mean, Im 6'4 with a 63" shoulder and a 41" waist (yes, I did verify).

But all in all, I believe whiskerton had the best solution, and I suppose knowing tailoring would be nothing but beneficial.

Malice In Wonderland 08-13-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraithofregret (Post 552880)
I suppose knowing tailoring would be nothing but beneficial.

Because trying to sort it out rather than work round it is totally not anything but beneficial.

korinna5555 08-13-2009 01:43 PM

Wear black vinyl. Lots and lots of black, shiny vinyl. Don't forget the dog collar/leash, and Crow makeup.

HellforgedX 08-13-2009 01:53 PM

People tend not to notice your weight if you accessorize with a chainsaw and/or large-calibre rifle.

SiouxsiePernova 08-13-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korinna5555 (Post 553033)
Wear black vinyl. Lots and lots of black, shiny vinyl. Don't forget the dog collar/leash, and Crow makeup.

Hahaha. Friends don't let friends dress like The Crow.

korinna5555 08-13-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova (Post 553136)
Hahaha. Friends don't let friends dress like The Crow.

"Friends" being the operative word, there.

Pineapple_Juice 08-14-2009 02:48 AM

Learn to sew.
Best. Advice. Ever.

Mark Anthony Quested 08-27-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraithofregret (Post 551138)
Okay, I need a little help, Im... well im just staight out fat, I know it, no big deal, my question is this,

Dearest Wraith,

Have you tried Phaze Clothing, in the UK? Well known UK gothic and fetish clothing manufacturer. Worth a try...

http://www.phazeclothing.com/

I rather like the Diva Goths; the big and beautiful Goth women. There's nothing wrong with being big and beautiful!

Curves are good; it gives one something to grab hold of during orgasm! LOL!

DemiGoth 08-27-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraithofregret (Post 551138)

I found this sight you might be interested in too, it sells pretty much all goth clothing/accessories/etc and sometimes they have plus size clothing. I don't know if it helps much but I figured I'd mention it to you anyway. :P

http://fuckthemainstream.com/default.php

Mark Anthony Quested 08-27-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland (Post 551765)
No, you're just an idiot.

They do say it takes one to know one Malice!