Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Alternative gothic clothing? (No more black...) (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=22811)

aspiring 06-19-2010 11:36 AM

Alternative gothic clothing? (No more black...)

My new school has a strict uniform of White, Gold, And red. No black.

Since gold and red are ugly colors in large quantities, I am only left with white. Nearly any color, isolated, has a bit of a gothic taste. So I was wondering, do any of you know where to get (whether online or in-stores) white coats, white boots, basically the norm-goth clothing, in white.

I cannot find anything.

Beneath the Shadows 06-19-2010 12:23 PM

Not off the topic of my head, but if you're a quick study you could always learn to use a sewing machine (assuming you can't already) and make your own clothes.

paleghost 06-20-2010 10:51 AM

This is a challenge...one I accept, I will try to help, but I make no promises

Anarasha 06-20-2010 12:57 PM

I'm thinking bandshirts here. You can get lots of bandshirts that aren't black I suppose.
Also, posting your gender could poke us in the right direction =)

Sukkamielli 06-20-2010 01:06 PM

i have a very nice white straight jacket, I'm guessing that might not be ideal for school though. As Anarasha said, knowing your gender would help. For a guy I agree white band tees are a good way to go (although don't mix them with white pants or you'll look like you've escaped from a 90s boy band) for a girl there's plenty that can be done in a victoriana vein in white and red.

And for boots, i don't think you can really beat a good ol' pair of white Docs frankly.

Anarasha 06-20-2010 01:08 PM

Sukkamielli - Is that one of those nice Hug Yourself jackets? :o

Sukkamielli 06-20-2010 01:12 PM

Yup, super-comfy, super cute. I also have a black one, Obvs.

Anarasha 06-20-2010 01:13 PM

Ooh, I want one of those :o Not good for driving a moped though, the sleeves may get caught in the wheel :o

Sukkamielli 06-20-2010 01:43 PM

but a slight mod can fix that. all you need to do is add a buckle to the shoulder and split the sleve from the elbow to wrist then you can roll the sleeve back on itself and buckle up. I mean you'd mash your arms if you feel off like that, but hey, scarring's cool, right?

Beneath the Shadows 06-20-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sukkamielli (Post 622633)
And for boots, i don't think you can really beat a good ol' pair of white Docs frankly.

As long as they're pre-"Made in China."

gothicusmaximus 06-20-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspiring (Post 622501)
My new school has a strict uniform of White, Gold, And red. No black.

So you can wear whatever you clothes you want, as long they're either white, gold, red, or some combination thereof?
That's fucking bizarre. I've never heard of anything like that.

Sukkamielli 06-20-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows (Post 622639)
As long as they're pre-"Made in China."

definitely. They aren't worth what you pay for the new ones anyway. the problem with white boots, especially women's, is that they just look cheap and unfortunately that includes new docs. Ebay is your friend on this one.

paleghost 06-20-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus (Post 622640)
So you can wear whatever you clothes you want, as long they're either white, gold, red, or some combination thereof?
That's fucking bizarre. I've never heard of anything like that.

I thought myself that that was pretty bizarre.

allyssa 06-20-2010 08:21 PM

white pvc is very sexy...
and goes well with blackhair

Dama de los Cuervos 06-20-2010 08:23 PM

I've heard of a small movement of a goth all-white look. You could certainly throw in touches of blood red. I don't know your aesthetic, but I think a Victorian look could be quite stunning with the limitations you have here. A white ruffled shirt with a red cravat, for example? Or you could go to the opposite end of the spectrum with a very sleek, futuristic look... white plastic pants?
Good luck with that one!

allyssa 06-20-2010 08:35 PM

i would play with the notion of destroying whites purity with blood...a lovely white corset...white velvet can look beautiful in corsets, with or without blood stains..and you could use your own blood

Sukkamielli 06-21-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dama de los Cuervos (Post 622674)
I've heard of a small movement of a goth all-white look. You could certainly throw in touches of blood red. I don't know your aesthetic, but I think a Victorian look could be quite stunning with the limitations you have here. A white ruffled shirt with a red cravat, for example? Or you could go to the opposite end of the spectrum with a very sleek, futuristic look... white plastic pants?
Good luck with that one!

hmm... I hadn't considered the dandy look, you could have real fun with that.

Heretic 06-21-2010 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sukkamielli (Post 622687)
hmm... I hadn't considered the dandy look, you could have real fun with that.

There have been a few examples of a modern take on that look, most notably the Twins from The Matrix Reloaded:

http://www.posters.ws/images/379064/...aded_twins.jpg

- Heretic

aspiring 06-21-2010 01:59 PM

I'm a guy.

Anarasha 06-21-2010 03:24 PM

Bandshirts.

Lolly PopMuzik 06-21-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyssa (Post 622676)
i would play with the notion of destroying whites purity with blood...a lovely white corset...white velvet can look beautiful in corsets, with or without blood stains..and you could use your own blood

This is a kid in junior/high school, JUST. NO.

And I don't recommend anything beyond DIYing the clothes that pass your school's dress code color muster as the other options are either too high maintenance (all white is a pain to keep up with and fully get clean) or look like you are trying way too hard to the point of foolishness. Remember that it's school not Malediction Society.

All else fails, do the fancy uniform routine with skinny ties, badges and maybe a pageboy/hunting cap. Doesn't need to be strictly goth, new wave, mod, teddy boy and glam can serve you well too.

allyssa 06-21-2010 06:40 PM

I still stand by my initial idea to cover your lovely whites in blood but i did get expelled from catholic school. perhaps it is a bit controversial but that makes life fun by demonstrating to others how close minded they really are....it depends on how morbid you are willing to go...“To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity.”

Saya 06-21-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyssa (Post 622765)
perhaps it is a bit controversial but that makes life fun by demonstrating to others how close minded they really are....

Covering your clothes in blood doesn't demonstrate how others are closed minded, it demonstrates what a retard you are.

Ben Lahnger 06-21-2010 07:45 PM

What Saya just said.

allyssa, I'm pretty open minded, but this DOES make you a retard.

paleghost 06-22-2010 06:33 AM

I'm going to have to agree with Lolly. Blood on your cloths might get you kicked out. But the futuristic look is something you could really work with.