Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   TV, Movies, & Games (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Labyrinth (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=54)

raven_of_mourning 05-17-2004 06:56 PM

Labyrinth

whacha think??

Morpheus_Noctifer 05-17-2004 07:45 PM

It was a pretty good movie. It had some good songs and a pretty good plotline. It's not my favorite, but I can watch it pretty often and not get bored.

koehiir 05-17-2004 07:53 PM

okay movie, if not for Bowie I would have been insulted that I bothered to watch it. As I'm a huge Bowie fan, that alone brings the movie up a few notches. Just gotta love the eyeliner and finger nails.

.BatteryPoison. 05-18-2004 06:38 PM

Like the mess of Muppet movies that were produced a while back, "Labyrinth" was charming when I was an adolescent who found anything with bright colors, elaborate imagery, and puppets to be enchanting. Now? It doesn't hold the same water it once did. The sets, imagery, costumes, and musical numbers I still enjoy, but the acting is so atrocious that I find myself cringing at the screen for much of the movie's durration.

Still, it sits high at the top of my list amongst films I'll one day share with my future kids. I'd more readily sit through "Labyrinth" with them than some of the more recent horseshit films/cartoons which have been oozing out of the sludge factory that is modern-day Disney.

Maimy 05-18-2004 06:49 PM

The reason I just can't think of it as a kids' movie ...

http://www.areaology.com/area.html

ChUnKy_CaRaMeL 05-18-2004 06:57 PM

Sigh ... Bowie in tight pants and 80's hair ... Yea, this movie may be too much to handle watching at times, but watching it does create an atmosphere for me. It makes me remember what it was like to be 9 and thinking the world was full of magic. Guess it still is, but it is getting harder to see.

I totally agree with .BatteryPoison. on the whole watching it with future children. Now that would be a delight!

Skrabrug 05-18-2004 10:37 PM

I got made to watch that movie so many bloody times when i was younger

WolfMoon 05-19-2004 12:53 PM

Definately NOT a kids movie,much like Shrek.

The Bulge,my stars the fucking BULGE!!!

spiderweb 06-02-2004 02:58 AM

dats wot u get 4 havin a big dick and wearing spandex

ghostposts 06-03-2004 05:32 AM

Quote:

Don't act so shocked. You clicked on "crotch," so you're not fooling anyone. Pervert.

:lol:

Zeade 06-08-2004 04:43 PM

oh... that movie brings back so many memories! i'd watch that movie every night when i had to clean house while my mom was at work... i was around nine or so i guess.... that movie was so kick ass! i recently got to watch it again, after not seeing it in forever and i was sadly dissapointed at how bad it really was... kinda ruins the magick i once felt for it... but, it is one movie that i will watch with my children... ^_^

Davena 06-08-2004 05:41 PM

i thought it was cute. the whole labrynth scene near the end was kick ass!!! and David Bowie did look kinda hot with that blond 80's hair.

other than that, the acting kinda sucked.

oh!! but her dress when they were dancing, gorgeous. i would love to try and do that with my hair too..... :D

and maimy, that page was hilarious!!!

Bodnoirbabe 06-10-2004 11:36 PM

oh God!

guess I'm the only one here who always watches the movie Just for Bowie. When i saw it the first time, i loved it. Every time after is a sexual experience. Oh GOD! the tight pants...the makeup! Oh my! That man is a sex god!

Desertus 06-22-2004 08:10 PM

The movie was fantastic, one of my all time favourites.
The puppetry was astounding, the music a little catchy but great, costumes beautiful and the acting well ok you got me there. It’s one of those moves that is an icon for any child of the 80’s and I have trouble understanding anyone not feeling the same.

Jane13 07-12-2004 07:20 AM

I love that movie! Maybe I can still enjoy it because I'm still a kid. I like how you can see a bunch of M.C. Escher and Salvador Dali artwork in the backround. Without that movie I probably would have never heard of David Bowie (huge fan). Anyway, I think Sarah was a total jerk. I like how evey part of the castle has glitter, even the junkyard. :?
yes, in the words of my friend's brother, (glances at t.v. screen)" His pants are too freakin' tight."

Jane13 07-12-2004 07:26 AM

Labyrinth is one of my favorite movies (i'm still a kid, I can enjoy it). I love how in the backround there is artwork by M.C. Escher and Salvador Dali, and there is glitter in every part of the castle (even the junkyard :? ). Without it I probably never would have found out who David Bowie is (huge fan).
But, yes, in the words of my friend's older brother with a quic glance at the T.V. screen, "His pants are too freakin' tight."

Bicth_in-the_Basement666 09-22-2004 06:47 AM

I love that movie so much that i can sadly recite every line form the movie perfectly., the funny part is so can all my sisters. were all adicted haahha

Crimson_Agony 11-05-2004 10:29 PM

Dance magic dance...

I like that movie too. A friend ov mine made Labrynth ikons.

The first time I saw it was with my brother at my uncle and aunt's house. That night I wound up having a Labrynth like dream.

WolfMoon 11-06-2004 04:57 PM

Quote:

That night I wound up having a Labrynth like dream.

Did it involve a certain 'bulge' that shall remain nameless?

:wink:

Jane13 11-06-2004 04:59 PM

^ soooo many double posts... sorry :oops:

WolfMoon! That's not something for ladies to discuss :P

Soul_Immortal 11-06-2004 05:14 PM

Labrynth scared me as a kid. I was always scared of fuzzy creatures popping out of my dresser, hands grabbing me out of nowhere, being chased by a man with a bulge...but I love it. Its such a good movie, and would like my daughter to see it one day.

If I watch Labrynth now, my eyes will stay glued to David Bowie's hands as he twirls those glass balls around in his hand....

Damn and bless dexterity....

*Soul*

Jane13 11-06-2004 05:20 PM

he he... one of my friends makes fun of me because of how cool I think David Bowie is... but she obssesses over anime characters, so I can make her shut up pretty quickly.

funeral_of_hearts 11-07-2004 02:04 PM

Bowie was HOT in that movie, but then again when is he not hot? I liked it, but its not something I'd watch every day.

Granny-like_the_apple 11-07-2004 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jane13
he he... one of my friends makes fun of me because of how cool I think David Bowie is... but she obssesses over anime characters, so I can make her shut up pretty quickly.

Hell yeah, Bowie kicks so much more ass than anime

WolfMoon 11-08-2004 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul_Immortal
Labrynth scared me as a kid. I was always scared of fuzzy creatures popping out of my dresser, hands grabbing me out of nowhere, being chased by a man with a bulge...but I love it. Its such a good movie, and would like my daughter to see it one day.

If I watch Labrynth now, my eyes will stay glued to David Bowie's hands as he twirls those glass balls around in his hand....

Damn and bless dexterity....

*Soul*

Soul,if it makes you feel any better,I heard it wasn't actually Bowie doing most of the juggling.It was some guy standing behind him or something.I've never seen the 'making of',but that's what someone told that supposedly did.

I always wondered how they hid the guy if it was someone behind him.