Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's made your day? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=16268)

Saya 04-08-2010 10:00 PM

I have this friend that I haven't hung out with in like, years. We were good friends in high school but after that we just lost touch, he went into fast track engineering and just hasn't had the time. I run into him every now and then but we just chat and then promise to hang out and then we never do.

BUT we talked on facebook today and actually made plans to go to the sci fi convention next weekend ^_^ Its going to be awesome! This guy is hella kewl, Gnet, if you only knew him you'd be green with envy.

I think I've been posting stuff about long lost friends lately. I'm crap at keeping in touch.

Luv2H8 04-08-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korinna5555 (Post 611975)
Edit: so.. uh.. what did you crop out? RedTube? *grins*

Nope. I just used the snipping tool to get the image off the suicide try to get the highscore thing to show up (explaining the incredibly low score) and to get that score I was telling my friend that I could beat his highscore (his was was +80,000 one, the rest were mine) and it took about ten tries, all of them but one wasn't ruined by landing on a star.

I could play again to show you another score later, if you want.

What Made My Day:
I just had ear sex.

Stormtrooper of Death 04-09-2010 06:06 AM

Rediscovering Sleep, Om and High on Fire, love all three of these bands, killer.

Saya 04-09-2010 06:54 AM

My last post was before I went to bed, and I just woke up to this, so it counts as two different days, right?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...attlefield.png

I love my roommate, she's full of win.

korinna5555 04-09-2010 03:13 PM

Kroger and Valu-Mart let me take their expired foods.
I scored a day-old Naked smoothie today. YUM.

Saya 04-13-2010 10:18 PM

Finally got my Evelyn Evelyn CD, I pre ordered it and it was supposed to have been released on March 30th >.> Oh well. It came with stickers too, yay! Now to find things to stick them too!

Kalitrima 04-14-2010 02:32 AM

Finding the music video for Always by Erasure. You know, the background song to Robot Unicorn Attack. It's everything I've ever loved and ever missed in old music videos. Pretty Japanese chick, dorky costume on the guy, mishaps (you can see the top edge of the set in a certain shot), and. . . oh yeah. . . makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, finished my black-and-white stripe scarf, my black-and-purple stripe scarf, and my black-and-rainbow stripe scarf. And a green and yellow one, but that's not exciting, since they're just local team colors. I still need to weave all the ends back in, which is obnoxious, but I'm still excited~

Also, I had tried putting liquid eyeliner on for the first time. And failed horribly. So, in my usual mindset, I decided that the fail meant 'Let's see how much of an eyeliner-overdosing brat I can make myself look like!' So I did. Annnnnd then I couldn't get the damn stuff off. But I finally got it! So that made my day too, I guess. Glad I didn't have to go anywhere. . . I would have scrubbed my eyelids off first.

MollyMac 04-16-2010 06:32 PM

met Mr.Ahmed while interning. Nice elderly man from Pakistan. good lecture i got... was informed that I would have better luck finding a husband before I turned 25 if I went to college instead of being a trainer, then he kissed me on the cheek and left.

korinna5555 04-16-2010 06:47 PM

I got an apartment upgrade! :D

Ben Lahnger 04-16-2010 06:50 PM

MollyMac, that was a nice story. Thanks for sharing it; made me feel good. He might be right about college ... as Mel Brooks used to say, "It couldn't hoit!"

MollyMac 04-16-2010 07:08 PM

Ben... I'm 32, married and have a BA in Art History and Religion

Solumina 04-17-2010 03:59 PM

I had no idea you were over 30.

Saya 04-17-2010 09:31 PM

We ended up missing almost everything at sci fi, they didn't even bother charging us to go in, we were late because we were having a blast with my roommate and we didn't want to go so much XD so when we got there it was mostly anime stuff which my friend doesn't like and it was mostly teenagers, it seemed, I felt old, so we didn't stick around for long. So we went out for falafel (yay!) and came back here to bug my roommate some more, and I got him to play Silent Hill 2 ^_^ I love that game so much, makes me happy getting people to play it. At one point I had to go to the bathroom and while I was in there I could hear him screaming XD He screamed again at the Pyramid Head **** scene. He promised he'd come back soon to finish it, although with him its hard to tell. He's like Santa, it seems I never see him more than once a year.

Ben Lahnger 04-18-2010 01:46 AM

MollyMac ... wow! Well, it was still a sweet story.

The fact that you have a college education and are married does not surprise me ... you sound smart and are interesting to read. But I did think you were younger ... that's a good thing. Keep it up, for a long, long time!

Ben Lahnger 04-18-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya (Post 613314)
He's like Santa, it seems I never see him more than once a year.

There's an old joke whose punchline goes, "He only comes once a year, and when he does it's down the chimney!" Sounds inappropriate to that situation, but your comment reminded me of it.

The Divine Ms. M 04-18-2010 02:07 AM

Got 3 new vynal records from Ameoba for Record Store Day...place was packed but it was worth it!:D

JCC 04-18-2010 10:23 AM

I am now in a relationship.

Mir 04-18-2010 10:43 AM

This post made my day.

Ben Lahnger 04-18-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC (Post 613358)
I am now in a relationship.

Congratulations. Sincerely, reading that made my day.

Anarasha 04-18-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mir (Post 613366)
This post made my day.

This one made mine too :D

gothicusmaximus 04-18-2010 11:45 AM

I can always count on Mir to adore everything that sucks, and resent everything that doesn't. Like a compass unerringly pointing true south, he still guides my course-- and that makes my day.

Still Jack 04-19-2010 02:18 PM

The new Crystal Castles album. The debut was a lot better. But this is nevertheless a slice of epicly fried fucking gold.

Kalitrima 04-19-2010 02:47 PM

Figured out how to crochet yesterday, and how to read the gibberish that is pattern instructions today. Making a bunny now, in burgundy and black.
Clicky here.

Stormtrooper of Death 04-20-2010 07:39 AM

Social Distortion's Mommy's Little Monster on loop all morning!

Ben Lahnger 04-20-2010 09:52 AM

finding out that Mental Floss sells a t-shirt with the following caption:

"There's No Right Way to Eat a Rhesus"