Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   favorite COF album? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=11416)

dre bin laden 07-12-2008 11:55 AM

favorite COF album?

mine's damnation and a day. not because of mannequin, but because of the rediculous amounts of creativity that must have gone into it. everytime i listen to the album i can imagine an entire computer animation in my head, filled with faeries and beasts and witches and dragons and pharaos..ughhh dude seriously, i love their other albums but holy shit damnation and a day what a fucking masterpiece.
what do you guys think about thornography?

Godslayer Jillian 07-12-2008 12:34 PM

Watch out with making a lot of threads like these.

dre bin laden 07-12-2008 12:38 PM

what do you mean?

Godslayer Jillian 07-12-2008 12:48 PM

Well, it's perfectly ok to talk about bands like this one, of course. But there's already several threads of just Cradle of Filth, as there are of Nightwish and Marilyn Manson.

dre bin laden 07-12-2008 01:01 PM

ahh oops, i should have figured there would be.. i guess i just haven't gone through all of them. my apologies, im just really really into that album hah

Draconysius 07-12-2008 05:14 PM

Actually, it's not ok, seeing as this is a goth board.

gothicusmaximus 07-12-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

The thread explaining what bands are actually goth really should be stickied, so to avoid, whenever possible, the conversation that will inevitably transpire in this thread.

Wormboy 07-13-2008 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draconysius

It's fine, since this is a gothic literature forum.

Valrys 07-13-2008 02:18 PM

To put this back on track:
Thornography was an abomination, damnation and a day had about 2 or 3 good songs on it.

Cruelty and the Beast was probably their best.

And the OP will learn, and learn fast about stuff like this, as long as they're at least a little flame resistant.....

electrosexual 07-13-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draconysius

People post non-goth music on these boards all the time, including you. If you look at the threads, there's countless ones on punk, industrial, horrorpunk, electronica, metal etc. I don't think the music section should be soley goth.

dre bin laden 07-13-2008 07:44 PM

thanks, guys. i was feeling a little awkward there. valrys, i don't like thornography either.

Wormboy 07-14-2008 12:55 AM

Uh... MIDIAN!!!!!!!!!! Why was that album not mentioned?

Valrys 07-14-2008 08:29 AM

There's something about Midian that just doesn't sit right with me...I probably actually like more tracks off that than cruelty, but something about it just makes me prefer it over Midian.......although Midian was probably their last album that doesn't have any tracks on it that make me want to stab out my ear drums

Edit: I actually liked thornography upon my first listen, but upon repeated listens I realised it wasn't any good, and that it sucked balls

CptSternn 07-14-2008 09:00 AM

Again, they are not a goth band, and they suck. See the other threads where we bash them relentlessly if you want our opinion on this type of shite music.

Ye might as well ask our opinion on eminem. He's about as goth as cof.

LetheanBlacklight 07-14-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptSternn
Again, they are not a goth band, and they suck. See the other threads where we bash them relentlessly if you want our opinion on this type of shite music.

Ye might as well ask our opinion on eminem. He's about as goth as CptSternn.

wow..... that post was made of fail... dont you have some US slamming to do in other topics?
anyways, I only really liked 1 song of theirs.. I think it was Nymphetamine, but idr

Metabolik 07-14-2008 12:12 PM

I gotta go with either Nymphetamine or Midian. Cthulhu Dawn is one kick ass song.

Mir 07-14-2008 12:22 PM

"Yo' mama left spreadeagled on the moors" is another great album by them.

AngelikDemonik 07-14-2008 01:05 PM

I hate Cradle and everything they represent. So, none of their albums.

JCC 07-14-2008 02:31 PM

Cradle are boring. Symphonic NWOBHM with lyrics about Satan fronted by a vertically stunted prat who screeches while 'metallers' smash away at Casio keyboards.

Bete Noire 07-14-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC
Cradle are boring. Symphonic NWOBHM with lyrics about Satan fronted by a vertically stunted prat who screeches while 'metallers' smash away at Casio keyboards.

Bwahahahahaha

Sumerian Nephilim 07-14-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electrosexual
People post non-goth music on these boards all the time, including you. If you look at the threads, there's countless ones on punk, industrial, horrorpunk, electronica, metal etc. I don't think the music section should be soley goth.

Very true. The new stuff by COF is just awfull and terrible. My few absolute favourites would be 'Principle of Evil, Vempire, Dusk & Her Embrace & Cruelty. They are just class albums that I never tire of.

Beowulf 07-14-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumerian Nephilim
Very true. The new stuff by COF is just awfull and terrible. My few absolute favourites would be 'Principle of Evil, Vempire, Dusk & Her Embrace & Cruelty. They are just class albums that I never tire of.

I only listened to the `Thornography` album once, and was very dissapointed with it, but as Sumerian Nephilim (cool user name) said the first four releases are their finest work with `Principle ...` being my favourite !!!. :)

Wormboy 07-14-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptSternn

Ye might as well ask our opinion on eminem. He's about as goth as cof.

Actually, you're wrong. While they're not gothic rock, they're most certainly goth. If you look up their lyrics, most of them are about lost love and death. In fact Her Ghost in the Fog is a song about the love of his life being murdered, love and death, pretty goth. Just not goth rock.

Besides, this is a gothic literature forum, why are we limiting ourselves to gothic rock?

Godslayer Jillian 07-14-2008 08:20 PM

You mean they're gothic, not goth.

KontanKarite 07-14-2008 08:34 PM

Ugh.... fuuuuuuck.

Hey everybody, let people think what they want. If CoF somehow qualifies as goth/ic rock in some way, then let people think that. It doesn't stop YOU from listening to Bauhaus. Let them be ignorant because honestly, they apparently need something to latch onto to make them feel important or special. So great, CoF is GOTH AS FUCK. You guys happy now? Do you feel VALIDATED?

God damn... Sorry, I've just stopped giving a sod.