Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Eyeliner??? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=11425)

ChrisMV 07-13-2008 01:34 AM

Eyeliner???

This has been posted a lot by other people but........ Should I go with the eyeliner? I live....well was moved to a country area full of jock's and farmers I am pretty positive these people will have a bad reaction to the eyeliner. Being called gay every day could get rather annoying(since they have no original thought's and can only assume that one wearing eyeliner is gay.)

Solumina 07-13-2008 01:35 AM

Do what you want, you obviously know what reaction you will get so decide if it is worth putting up with it

Tea and Cake or Death 07-13-2008 01:37 AM

It's just makeup. Put it on. See how you feel. If you don't like it, wash it off.

........if someone calls you gay, ask them how they know that you are gay, and how did they become the aficionado of all things homosexual.

Sir Canvas Corpsey 07-13-2008 02:37 AM

I personally choose not to wear eyeliner simply because I do not want to waste the time perfecting putting it on. That and i'm sure it won't look good.

Minyaliel 07-13-2008 04:09 AM

If it looks good on you and you know how to put it on properly, well, I'd just say go with your guts and remember that people often are talking because if they stopped doing so they'd probably grow some brains and start thinking (ooh, scary stuff!).

RazorKiss 07-13-2008 09:51 AM

Kind of like my case.
Small town. Narrow minded inhabitants.
Full of superstitions and so quick to judge.
I get called gay quite often, I'm used to it by now.
Plus, I don't give a f**k.

Yet, I don't even use eyeliner all the time.

Do what you really want to do.
Don't please them. Please yourself.

Opteron_Man 07-13-2008 04:30 PM

Hell do it for you. If it looks good to you and makes you happy, then do it!

Arashi 07-13-2008 05:03 PM

If you like eyeliner, wear eyeliner. If they call you gay, ask them how they became so knowledgeable on what makes a person homosexual. ("Experience?")
Do what you like, and really... There are a lot worse things than being accused of being gay.

electrosexual 07-13-2008 06:51 PM

I'm a guy, and I wear eyeliner. Aswell as foundation, lipgloss, day-glo eyeshadow, wigs, platforms, women's clothing etc.

Wear eyeliner if you want to. So what if they think you're gay. Is that a bad thing really? Just pull it off with an air of confidence. That way people won't see you as weak and will be less likely to pick on you.

And for the love of God, if you DO wear eyeliner, please please please do it right. Practice it, and make sure it doesn't look shit before you wear it in public. And NEVER wear eyeliner anywhere except the eye area. NO swirls/pentagrams/crosses. Otherwise it will just scream mallgoth/emo.

Grimm 07-14-2008 01:31 AM

I know how you feel. I lived in a small town of 5500 people not too long ago. I wore eyeliner every now and then, and every time i did, i would get very dirty looks and very crude remarks. I've even been spit on a few times by people in passing cars, JUST FOR THE WAY I DRESS! I was asked if i was REALLY a male, i was called an array of homosexual and emo terms, and nobody really liked me there. It wasn't fun at all. But i stuck with it, i believed the darkness would help me through it, and i stayed true to who i am reguardless of what the ignorant idiots thought of me.

Godslayer Jillian 07-14-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimm
i believed the darkness would help me through it

Are you fucking serious?

Minyaliel 07-14-2008 02:20 AM

Quote:

I know how you feel. I lived in a small town of 5500 people not too long ago. I wore eyeliner every now and then, and every time i did, i would get very dirty looks and very crude remarks. I've even been spit on a few times by people in passing cars, JUST FOR THE WAY I DRESS! I was asked if i was REALLY a male, i was called an array of homosexual and emo terms, and nobody really liked me there. It wasn't fun at all. But i stuck with it, i believed the darkness would help me through it, and i stayed true to who i am reguardless of what the ignorant idiots thought of me.

*starts humming the Emo song* Seriously, kid, get over your victim mentality.

honeythorn 07-14-2008 06:44 AM

Quote:

i believed the darkness would help me through it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Are you fucking serious?

Waitwait.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-4VOLeKBOw

Yeah. Let the love in.

crucifix 07-14-2008 03:17 PM

hell, I had a guy tell me last week, "sorry lady, thought you where a boy at first with eyeliner on." Then I said EXCUSE ME in my guy voice and he looked at me all weired like and walked away. I get that every now and then when I am gothed up. People think I am a skinny girl. ANYWAY, if ya wanna, wear it; if ya don't, then don't. Eyeliner is not a requirement.

Solumina 07-14-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimm (With minor changed from Soli because it was making my eyes sad)
I lived in a small town of 5500 people not too long ago. I was called an array of homosexual and emo terms.

That is a fairly normal size for a town, not exactly teeny, get back to me when you're "home town" only qualifies as a village because it isn't big enough to be a town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimm (With minor changed from Soli because it was making my eyes sad)
I was called an array of homosexual and emo terms.

What is exactly is considered an "emo term"? Sad kid?

Quote:

I believed the darkness would help me through it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:

I stayed true to who I am regardless of what the ignorant idiots thought of me.

That is a shame cuz who you are is an obnoxious little brat with a victim complex

Wormboy 07-14-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina
That is a fairly normal size for a town, not exactly teeny, get back to me when you're "home town" only qualifies as a village because it isn't big enough to be a town.

Hahahaha. The city I live in has a population of over 2 million, where he lives IS tiny.

Breathless Horror 07-14-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wormboy
Hahahaha. The city I live in has a population of over 2 million, where he lives IS tiny.

Agreed. I've seen more people than that in a single day. Just one show at bluesfest this year pulled in over 30 000 fans. There are 4 other stages at bluesfest, all with shows going simultaneously. Hell, my school is 2200 student. 5500 people = nothing.

Tea and Cake or Death 07-14-2008 09:29 PM

Eh....if they call you gay just remind them that Kurt Cobain, & Robert Smith wore/ware eyeliner, and had/have wifes. And that some chicks are turned on by it. So they could be missing out on the girls with that fetish.

....I know I've probably spelled something wrong, but for some strange reason my brain seems to be off right now. BLEH.

Solumina 07-15-2008 10:48 AM

My point wasn't that he lived somewhere huge but that a town that size is nothing to complain about. I'm sure that it has plenty places to eat, shop, buy gas, nearby schools, and convenient places have fun and hang out with friends. Also with that many people you don't really know everyone, yeah you may know most of their faces but you don't really know much about them. There are places where that just isn't the case. Take for instance where I grew up (I love it now but it wasn't the most exciting place to grow up), it is a historic village of about 1700 people and yes I am on a first name basis with about 90% of the residents between the ages of 15 and 45 (although I'm fairly sure that everyone above that age knows who I am because they know my mother). We have a post office, general store (Linda the owner also owns a flock of sheep that live in the large yard behind the store), a small bakery, and an elementary school...oh and a map maker named Eugene, he is very nice. That is all the commerce that the village offers, other than the first full weekend of October then about 30,000 people descend upon it for our annual historic fair and then suddenly there is no parking to be found, it is quite a bother but there is nummy food so I don't generally complain...hm I seem to have gotten very much off topic, oh well.

MitsyMayhem 07-15-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina
My point wasn't that he lived somewhere huge but that a town that size is nothing to complain about. I'm sure that it has plenty places to eat, shop, buy gas, nearby schools, and convenient places have fun and hang out with friends. Also with that many people you don't really know everyone, yeah you may know most of their faces but you don't really know much about them. There are places where that just isn't the case. Take for instance where I grew up (I love it now but it wasn't the most exciting place to grow up), it is a historic village of about 1700 people and yes I am on a first name basis with about 90% of the residents between the ages of 15 and 45 (although I'm fairly sure that everyone above that age knows who I am because they know my mother). We have a post office, general store (Linda the owner also owns a flock of sheep that live in the large yard behind the store), a small bakery, and an elementary school...oh and a map maker named Eugene, he is very nice. That is all the commerce that the village offers, other than the first full weekend of October then about 30,000 people descend upon it for our annual historic fair and then suddenly there is no parking to be found, it is quite a bother but there is nummy food so I don't generally complain...hm I seem to have gotten very much off topic, oh well.

Interesting and a good point. =]
My town used to be that tiny about 20 years ago, but we're really growing. There's still a few 'narrow-minded' country people, but I say why care what they think. Look at it this way. Eventually you'll move on with your life and they'll probably be stuck there. And who cares about being called gay? Just come up with a smart comeback and walk away proudly.

Solumina 07-15-2008 11:07 AM

Oh good there was still a point in there, I though I may have lost it with all of the rambling (I seem to be doing a bit of that lately)

thekorupt 07-18-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisMV
This has been posted a lot by other people but........ Should I go with the eyeliner? I live....well was moved to a country area full of jock's and farmers I am pretty positive these people will have a bad reaction to the eyeliner. Being called gay every day could get rather annoying(since they have no original thought's and can only assume that one wearing eyeliner is gay.)

Get some eyeliner... try it out at home. wear it around the hosue and comfortable people until you feel comfortable, then go with it if you like it.

Don't ask if you should wear it. That isn't the question. Do YOU WANT to wear it?