Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   If you eat meat, would you be willing to kill an animal to continue to be able to? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14789)

Qgirl 03-18-2009 03:34 PM

If you eat meat, would you be willing to kill an animal to continue to be able to?

If you eat meat, would you be willing to kill an animal to continue to be able to eat meat? So long as you were supplied with the correct tools, would you have the constitution to be able go to a slaughterhouse and kill a cow or go to the woods and kill a deer?

Duane 03-18-2009 03:36 PM

D does not kill, and would prefer to become a vegetarian to avoid killing an animal.

Solumina 03-18-2009 05:03 PM

Well I have seen a few chickens and a lamb slaughtered and still have no qualms about eating either (I grew up in the country slaughtering animals was simply a part of many of my friends' lives) so I think I'd do it, the feather plucking/skinning would most likely be the worst part for me, the kill itself really isn't horrendous on family run farms, I can't speak for larger operations.

Underwater Ophelia 03-18-2009 05:07 PM

Hell to the yes.

gothicusmaximus 03-18-2009 05:12 PM

What the hell do you mean "supplied with the correct tools"? Why would you need to supply me with my own bare hands?

DRM 03-18-2009 06:04 PM

I would rather not eat animals at all.
Vegitarian is much more convenient.

Unimatrix 00 03-18-2009 06:30 PM

I am a vegetarian, but only at heart. I eat meat, but only to please my mother and not to make a fuss for her. But when I move out with my bf, we are both going vegetarian.

honeythorn 03-18-2009 06:35 PM

Yes I would.

PortraitOfSanity 03-18-2009 06:40 PM

They should make restaurants where you get served live animals and get to butcher them yourself on the table with a chainsaw and then cook them over a spit while guzzling mead, enjoying salty wenches and beating your fellow diners into unconsciousness with cricket bats.

I'm so gonna start a restaurant chain like that.

Albert Mond 03-18-2009 06:42 PM

Can I be Vice Viking?

PortraitOfSanity 03-18-2009 06:43 PM

Yes. You can be in charge of the harem.

Albert Mond 03-18-2009 06:44 PM

Fucking sweet.

HumanePain 03-18-2009 08:07 PM

I could catch and gut fish, wring the necks of chickens and pluck them and chop them up, catch and kill rabbits, skin them and chop them up, and having seen a deer being field dressed and butchered I think I could handle it except for the smell.

Solumina 03-18-2009 08:15 PM

Gan I be in charge of the fluffy little lambs? They are just as cute as they are delicious!

Pyre 03-18-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity (Post 520017)
They should make restaurants where you get served live animals and get to butcher them yourself on the table with a chainsaw and then cook them over a spit while guzzling mead, enjoying salty wenches and beating your fellow diners into unconsciousness with cricket bats.

I'm so gonna start a restaurant chain like that.

May I be. . . Mini Vice Viking? I will grow facial hair I swear. It's only a matter of time and some hormone treatment.

$haDe 03-18-2009 10:08 PM

I would, no doubt.

Opteron_Man 03-19-2009 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unimatrix 00 (Post 520007)
I am a vegetarian, but only at heart. I eat meat, but only to please my mother and not to make a fuss for her. But when I move out with my bf, we are both going vegetarian.

You are a vegetarian but you eat meat!? Pahahahaha!

You must mean: you DO eat meat, but you don't really want to.
However, when you do move out of your parent’s basement, you will stop eating meat and be vegetarian.

But isn't urine a strictly animal product? So you better kick that habit if you want to be a real vegetarian and not a wannabe.

You would have to switch to a more vegetarian alternative to warm steamy human urine. You could try salting some lemon Cool Aid and then warm it in the microwave then plug your nose!

Pahahahaha!

CptSternn 03-19-2009 06:44 AM

I have and I would again.

Tam Li Hua 03-19-2009 06:52 AM

Yes.

Then again, I live in the middle of deer-hunting country, so it isn't exactly an unusual thing.

Not only that, but I used to go fishing with my Dad when I was younger, and wasn't too squeamish about watching him clean and skin them. [There's no better fish than that you catch fresh! Mmmmmmm.....]

Andom 03-19-2009 09:56 AM

Yep.

I mean, I've never done it, but I've skinned, scaled, and removed the bones from several fish. Tasty dinner while camping.

I'd have to try it first with furry animals though.

Malice In Wonderland 03-19-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

So you're not vegetarian.
Admit it.

Unimatrix 00 03-19-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opteron_Man (Post 520168)
You are a vegetarian but you eat meat!? Pahahahaha!

You must mean: you DO eat meat, but you don't really want to.
However, when you do move out of your parent’s basement, you will stop eating meat and be vegetarian.

But isn't urine a strictly animal product? So you better kick that habit if you want to be a real vegetarian and not a wannabe.

You would have to switch to a more vegetarian alternative to warm steamy human urine. You could try salting some lemon Cool Aid and then warm it in the microwave then plug your nose!

Pahahahaha!

Look who's taking the majority's side. I overestimated you Opteron_Man. But you're just weak.

I don't live in my parent's basement. I live with them as I'm still in high school.

Urine is animal product, but not meat you stupid person. I never said anything about going vegan.

Godslayer Jillian 03-19-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

I am a vegetarian, but only at heart.

That's bullshit. You hurt a defenseless animal at age 13.

JCC 03-19-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unimatrix 00 (Post 520434)
Look who's taking the majority's side. I overestimated you Opteron_Man. But you're just weak.

I don't live in my parent's basement. I live with them as I'm still in high school.

Urine is animal product, but not meat you stupid person. I never said anything about going vegan.

Good, don't go vegan. Having something in common with you invalidates my position.

Renatus 03-19-2009 04:14 PM

Yes I definately would. Actualy I think it would be quite a good thing actualy, because I could make sure the animal is killed as humanely as possible.