Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Politics (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Is Obama the new Bush? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14918)

Renatus 03-27-2009 01:57 AM

Is Obama the new Bush?

According to his plummeting approval ratings, he very well may be heading down that path. He has been in office only two months and Obama's approval rating is already down to 50%, which is quite frankly a bit crazy. So what do you guys think of this?

CptSternn 03-27-2009 02:24 AM

People are idiots. They expected him to win and the economy to change overnight. You can't unfuck something overnight that took eight years to fuckup.

dbts 03-27-2009 05:01 AM

Obama = Puppet. He does what the FED tells him to do. That's what he was bred & groomed for.

The Obama Deception < - Downloads an AVI file, which as I'm sure you all know, is a type of video. It talks about Obama's blatant campaign lies, amongst other things. might need to download VLC Player to view it. VLC plays just about anything. :)

I'd also like to mention that I was not a fan of Bush, either... So don't get the wrong impression.

jack_the_knife 03-27-2009 05:13 AM

You just lost all legitimacy in my eyes.

dbts 03-27-2009 05:45 AM

Wasn't trying to gain your approval, so it doesn't really matter. :)

I think Obama's a joke, just as I thought Bush was a joke. I can't believe so many people voted for him... Granted, we had slim pickin's to choose from, but what a bunch of horseshit. Peewee Herman would make a better president than Obama.

HumanePain 03-27-2009 06:05 AM

You can't believe people voted for him? Think about it and you will understand why:

a) The alternative was McCain. He would have continued the policies of the past 8 years, seeing that he had a voting record that almost matched Bush 100%.

b) So did the people want to continue those policies? Rising unemployment, unchecked corporate greed and disregard for consumers (gas prices) and ethics (fraud and corruption), no hope for finding cures because science was gagged (stem cell research), being lied to so the military could send sons and daughters to die in foreign lands, etc. No, they wanted change in hope of getting this country off the rocks that the previous 8 years put us on.

c) The choice for change was Obama.

It is pretty easy to believe actually.

JCC 03-27-2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbts (Post 523461)
Obama = Puppet.

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbts

NO!
NO DBTS!
NO!
FUCK OFF!

Godslayer Jillian 03-27-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbts (Post 523475)
I think Obama's a joke

But you don't find anything wrong with taking a paleoconservative serious?

Sinjob 03-27-2009 08:32 AM

The very title of this makes me chuckle in such a guilty and pretentious glee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptSternn (Post 523437)
People are idiots. They expected him to win and the economy to change overnight. You can't unfuck something overnight that took eight years to fuckup.

While I agree with you on the overall statment [kudos for misanthropy!], there's been much more corruption within America (from what I've expirenced) prior to the Bush administration. Regan, anyone? Comparing the two through their speeches and ideals is like a pure textbook night and day analogy to me.

As for the recent election, the main reason why I was on the Democratic side in this race was, in a way, out of pity. It was like two dogs, each with broken back legs, trying to compete in a 'round the country race (as it seems to be in every election). However, the dog with the brains and working left leg in this situation [for me] was Obama. For once we had a balance of internal and external that spoke against a nation that's been feeding the higher class for the past generation.

After the win, however, I can honestly say I'm disappointed with what we have so far. And yeah, time is always a blissful thing, but get into gear, dude. Come on.

HumanePain 03-27-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian (Post 523497)

HAHAHA! I love ya man! I am going to look for every opportunity to sneak that into a conversation today!

Saya 03-27-2009 11:46 AM

You know, I still wake up some nights, screaming in terror, cold sweat dripping from my temples, and I mutter, "McCain and Palin came that close to taking office." At least Obama has that glint of sanity in his eye.

Pineapple_Juice 03-27-2009 03:07 PM

I voted for Obama twice. Nothing he's done so far has made me wish I picked someone else.

Despanan 03-28-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptSternn (Post 523437)

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree with this post 100%. Well done Sternn.

Smells Like A Foot 03-28-2009 10:28 AM

Bush is the old Obama.

HumanePain 03-28-2009 10:29 AM

An Obama in hand is worth two that are Bush.

Smells Like A Foot 03-28-2009 10:32 AM

An Obama in the hand is worth two rolling stones gathering whirlwinds in China.

Fae-wolf 03-28-2009 03:10 PM

I just think Obama's trying to do too much too fast.

Smells Like A Foot 03-28-2009 03:35 PM

No, it's pretty much what Sterrn said. Everyone expected it to pan out like BAM, he's in office and every thing's perfect. It doesn't work like that, and the majority of people are too fucking stupid to realise it. He got heaped with so much shit that took so long to fuck up, all he can do is work on them until eventually people decide that they don't like him any more and they get some other guy to either fuck shit up again or repeat the whole process.

Plus, the Government is the bitch of business.

CrossDream 03-28-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renatus (Post 523432)
According to his plummeting approval ratings, he very well may be heading down that path. He has been in office only two months and Obama's approval rating is already down to 50%, which is quite frankly a bit crazy. So what do you guys think of this?

I think Obama will be Bush in reverse.

Bush started out high, went sky high after 9/11, and then fell to the bottom over 8 years.

I think Obama will start out low, drop to the bottom after a while (Economy collapses, some catastrophic hurricane, etc), and then slowly climb back up over 8 years.

Opteron_Man 03-28-2009 08:25 PM

I downloaded that movie. Whew! It took over 1 hour and 40 minutes to download! Well, I watched it. What can I say? It doesn't look good at all. I don't like where this is heading! I really hope Barack doesn't run The United States down the tubes.

Godslayer Jillian 03-28-2009 09:26 PM

Oh no! A movie talked bad about a president. I'm scared!

Mr E Nigma 03-28-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian (Post 523497)

hahahahahaha

Bush can suck it for increasing neoconservatist ideas towards foreign policy.

And just generally fucking up... in general.

I know there's a humorous book about it somewhere...

EDIT: Oh! Found it! <----Clicky

While I'm not the biggest fan of Buchanan. Cause he's a hypocritical monstrosity. Some of the shit he says in that book is hilarious.

Pyre 04-02-2009 09:07 PM

http://gamu-toys.info/sonota/sw/obama/obama.html

Mr E Nigma 04-03-2009 01:21 AM

Robot Chicken.... where's your obama parody at? =is still waiting=

Mealla 04-03-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrossDream (Post 524050)
I think Obama will start out low, drop to the bottom after a while (Economy collapses, some catastrophic hurricane, etc), and then slowly climb back up over 8 years.

You don't know that he'll be in office for 8 years.