Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   hair won't tell me what it wants (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=17350)

carakitty 12-18-2009 08:32 PM

hair won't tell me what it wants

what color should it be?

Ophelia's Snorkel 12-19-2009 06:18 AM

Dye it black.
When you grow tired of the colour, shave your head. Then tattoo your scalp.

PortraitOfSanity 12-19-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophelia's Snorkel (Post 589199)
Dye it black.
When you grow tired of the colour, shave your head. Then tattoo your scalp.

Very much this.

Malice In Wonderland 12-20-2009 10:10 AM

I'll third that.
I'd recommend penis tattoos.

carakitty 12-20-2009 07:35 PM

ROFL, ok I shouldn't be surprised that the votes are going for black in a Goth forum =p

Checked out my local beauty supply because my usual stores (BX + Target) didn't have a selection pleasing to me. The three brands that had the best colors at the BS store were N rage, Manic Panic, and Beyond the Zone. Has anyone tried any of these?

Ophelia's Snorkel 12-20-2009 09:16 PM

I'm really fond of Garnier 100% Colour Blue-Black. It stays rich and dark (so I only have to reapply for root control), and it has a lovely purple-blue sheen when the light hits it the right way.

carakitty 12-20-2009 10:14 PM

Are you in the USA, OS? Where do you find the color at?

Your sig quote still makes me giggle

Ophelia's Snorkel 12-21-2009 04:59 AM

CVS usually carries it here, but you might have luck at any similar shop, Walgreens, etc. or a supermarket.

And I still love your avatar.

carakitty 12-21-2009 07:57 AM

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes out for it.
And thanks about the avatar. Just because coffee is in me doesn't mean I'll be chipper!
My sig feels old and worn and needing change.

Ophelia's Snorkel 12-21-2009 08:11 AM

One does not find a sig, the sig finds you! Haha.

carakitty 12-21-2009 04:07 PM

Then until the time when inspiration hits, the sig shall stay!

XnguelaXvat 12-23-2009 10:00 AM

Black is a bitch to get out if you're going to get bored with it.

If you're the type to change your hair color every month like I do (I know, it's so bad for my hair. I don't know why I have any left) you may want to look into a color that is easier to dye over. Even better, I'm a big fan of synthetic hair. I've gotten pretty synth streaks and dreads installed, and the colors are way bright and never fade, and I just take them out when I'm bored with them. They're not clip-ins, they're actually woven on, which is nice.

DRM 12-23-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XnguelaXvat (Post 589731)
Black is a bitch to get out if you're going to get bored with it.

Too true.
I'm trying to bleach all the black out of my hair right now.
Last time it took about four hours and it's not all out. I'm pretty sure it's going to take a couple hair stylist visits before I have it gone.

carakitty 01-03-2010 11:29 AM

I ended up not going with the black. I'm trying the Garnier 100% Color in #366 Deep Burgundy Brown.

Does anyone know what they mean by "Do not use over compound henna or progressive color"?

Ophelia's Snorkel 01-03-2010 11:59 AM

I think it means that if you've previously dyed your hair using henna or one of the semi-permanent dyes (the kind that fade out after about a month), you should wait for the dye to be completely gone/grown out before you use the new dye. However, I've put permanent over semi-perm and it turned out fine. It may affect the colour, though as I went much darker, I didn't notice anything funky in my results.

skoteinh 01-03-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carakitty (Post 591577)
I ended up not going with the black. I'm trying the Garnier 100% Color in #366 Deep Burgundy Brown.

Yeah! That's what I voted for!

: )

carakitty post some pics afterwards, will you? I'm sure this color would look great on you!

Pineapple_Juice 01-04-2010 07:28 PM

Go burgundy. Also, I really like Garnier Deep Auburn, so if you tire of that take a peeksie at the Garnier.