Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Okay not to be a drag but... (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=22337)

Pineapple_Juice 04-12-2010 07:57 PM

Okay not to be a drag but...

Has anyone else noticed a large decline in the amount of actual posting that goes on here? I want to know if it's just me. I feel like there's no point even logging in any more than once a week, because otherwise nothing new's been said. I distinctly remember choosing this site specifically because it was so active, and yet now it's like the only thing people are posting in is the picture thread and the What Are You Wearing thread.

Just me? Or is everyone getting bored of Gnet?

Saya 04-12-2010 08:06 PM

Yeah, its been slow lately I think. I check in the mornings and check again at night and not much happens in between.

Kalitrima 04-12-2010 08:07 PM

Well, I don't know how fast or slow posting usually is, but I've been holding back because I don't want to feel like I'm flooding everything while I'm online. And I don't know what the general mindset for thread necromancy is, so I don't want to dig up anything too dead. Besides, I'm in the annoying habit of reading every page in a thread before considering posting. . . not a good thing in the case of the picture thread. Lost two days in there.

Saya 04-12-2010 08:09 PM

Oh same here, when I check "new posts" and the last three or four was me, I feel like I posted too much or something.

Kalitrima 04-12-2010 08:11 PM

Exactly. Well, I look more at the index page for the boards, and if I see 'Kalitrima' under 'Last Post' a few too many times. . . I don't wanna be 'that spammer newbie' or something. Maybe I'm just oversensitive.

Pineapple_Juice 04-12-2010 08:36 PM

Don't be a pussy. I flood forums proudly.

Alan 04-12-2010 08:40 PM

A big percentage of us are in college. We've got a month left of the semester. I know I'm posting less because I'm beating myself retarded with all the books they've assigned me.
I'm willing to bet this is the case with a lot of people.

Catch 04-12-2010 11:03 PM

I post about as usual, but usually post to the same threads. When they go, it is annoying.

Anarasha 04-13-2010 02:30 AM

Try living where I am living, most of the active people are active when it's nighttime in Denmark :P But yeah, I agree with you. Not a whole lot is really going on in here. Let's change that! :D

Kalitrima 04-13-2010 02:37 AM

See, all of you have been here long enough that you can post pretty freely. I don't want to create the impression that I'm either trying too hard or spazzing out. Yanno, being a spammy little newbie. I've gotten scolded on other forums for that, since I post as quickly as I can read and type. At this point, I'm just telling myself to cool off and give it a while before I post, unless engaged in a back-and-forth conversation.

Apathy's_Child 04-13-2010 03:49 AM

Yeah, it's been pretty boring here lately. Then again, spending the whole evning on here instead of doing something productive, creative, sociable or fun usually leaves me with a feeling a dull self-loathing when I finally give up and go to bed, so I can live with that.

Kalitrima 04-13-2010 03:51 AM

Is this one of those 'life' things people keep telling me to get?

Tam Li Hua 04-13-2010 05:37 AM

Yes, it's been slow lately. It's not just you. =)

Stormtrooper of Death 04-13-2010 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 612389)
A big percentage of us are in college. We've got a month left of the semester. I know I'm posting less because I'm beating myself retarded with all the books they've assigned me.

Agreed for once, this part of the semester is the hardest.

Slap Your Love 04-13-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 612389)

This.

Ben Lahnger 04-13-2010 10:47 AM

It has been slower lately. And even with close to 4000 posts, I don't want to appear to be a flood spammer, so I hold back on posting more when I see the inactivity. Plus, there's been less to talk about recently, to be honest. And I've been moving. (Done with that now! YAY!)

Anarasha 04-13-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalitrima (Post 612414)
Is this one of those 'life' things people keep telling me to get?

It's an MMO. Lately, it has been dragging me into addiction just the same as WoW did once. As of late, it drags me to an event named "Get Shitfaced" often :o

vindicatedxjin 04-13-2010 01:08 PM

Honestly I just don't have the time. Also my boss is being more strict with web browsing to where we can check only the important stuff, aka e-mail and facebook. And once I get home all I want to do is eat, and play video games. Gnet has become the last thing on the checklist.

Anarasha 04-13-2010 01:10 PM

So, this boss, is he the End Boss in Real Life?

vindicatedxjin 04-13-2010 01:15 PM

Yes....but he is actually a she...

Anarasha 04-13-2010 01:59 PM

Oh :o! You know how we men are pigs and like to generalize :P I apologize.

vindicatedxjin 04-13-2010 02:22 PM

Absolutely =)

Anarasha 04-13-2010 02:23 PM

Sooo, what're ya all doin'? :3

vindicatedxjin 04-13-2010 02:25 PM

Lol I'm chillin on here till I get off work...

Anarasha 04-13-2010 02:28 PM

So much for those browsing rules :P