Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gnet party (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=24305)

Renatus 03-16-2011 04:07 AM

Gnet party

https://www.gothic.net/gothic-net-party/

Hmm well this is certainly a sudden surprise. A party to which some of us have been invited as VIP, yet no time to prepare. The only one of us who is in prime position to attend this event is Humane Pain. I feel a bit hurt that they didn't think to send out invites prior to those of us who would be apparently welcomed freely.

Versus 03-16-2011 06:45 AM

I think Murder.Of.Crows lives in L.A., too?

Murder.Of.Crows 03-16-2011 06:46 AM

Yeah, near it, but I don't think i'll be able to go. Lack of funds and all.

Versus 03-16-2011 06:49 AM

Get a god damn jerb, man.

CuckooTuli 03-16-2011 07:01 AM

They TERK 'er jerb!

Renatus 03-16-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows (Post 659060)
Yeah, near it, but I don't think i'll be able to go. Lack of funds and all.

You could always post 534 legitimate posts between now and then and you'll qualify as a VIP, which I would assume includes getting in free.

Gothic.net 03-17-2011 07:07 PM

VIP does indeed mean guest listed free entry, photos, possibly some giveaway goodies too.

Murder.Of.Crows 03-17-2011 07:10 PM

Giveaway goodies, eh? damn, now i regret not being able to go.

Gothic.net 03-17-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows (Post 659447)

I am sorry that you can not make it. We will try to put together some more fun get togethers in the future as well. We just wanted to celebrate the new publication and editorial additions and offer an opportunity for people to get together in a non-digital format.

Gothic.net 03-17-2011 07:16 PM

For those who do not quite make the VIP status, we also are happy to be able to offer the discounted entry with the pass attached to the announcement post.

HumanePain 03-17-2011 07:39 PM

I will be attending and looking forward to it!
Hope I may be allowed to walk down the Red Carpet as my daughter takes photos/videos.

Cheers,
-Humane

Solumina 03-17-2011 08:28 PM

Have fun HP and let us know how it goes!

Catch 03-17-2011 08:55 PM

I just don't want to go. I have family that lives in Anaheim. Taking the train wouldn't cost much, but this is the first time hearing about it and now it is the day after tommorrow. Yep, short notice and I don't like L.A. It is creepy.

Corpsey 03-17-2011 08:58 PM

Will you be giving away Goth Points?

Have fun, Humane. You'd best enjoy it with a crisp memory to report back to us afterwards.

Renatus 03-18-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanePain (Post 659451)
I will be attending and looking forward to it!
Hope I may be allowed to walk down the Red Carpet as my daughter takes photos/videos.

Cheers,
-Humane

I was hoping you would, I was even planning on calling you to make sure you knew about it.

Despanan 03-18-2011 08:56 AM

You should've re-located the party to NYC so I could attend, because now that I cannot, your party is sure to suck.

But honestly, I give Gnet alot of shit. Props on doing this, it's always cool when IRL breaks into meatspace.

Despanan 03-18-2011 09:23 AM

Crap I fail, that should read, when the "interwebs break into meatspace"

I spend too much time online.

Renatus 03-18-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despanan (Post 659503)
You should've re-located the party to NYC so I could attend, because now that I cannot, your party is sure to suck.

But honestly, I give Gnet alot of shit. Props on doing this, it's always cool when IRL breaks into meatspace.

As inconvenient as it may be for most members it is for the most part logical for the sake of Amelia as she lives over there. However the most logical location I would think is Chicago as it is right in the middle of where all the North American gnet members are. Though the ideal location would be in Wisconsin, because well, Wisconsin is the best, and the state could use the extra money, not to mention it is also in the middle of North America.

Saya 03-18-2011 10:55 AM

Canada is better, the legal drinking age is 19, so we can get more members involved, and we only get a few hours of sunlight everyday so its oh so dark and spooky.

Despanan 03-18-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renatus (Post 659520)
As inconvenient as it may be for most members it is for the most part logical for the sake of Amelia as she lives over there. However the most logical location I would think is Chicago as it is right in the middle of where all the North American gnet members are. Though the ideal location would be in Wisconsin, because well, Wisconsin is the best, and the state could use the extra money, not to mention it is also in the middle of North America.

No, the most logical part of the world is NEW YORK CITY because Despanan lives there. Chicago has 100% less Despanan than New York, and Canada is best at NOTHING.

Keep up people.

Catch 03-18-2011 11:34 AM

Actually, Salt Lake City is the best. I've announced get togethers on the internet past couple of years and last year someone from Texas showed up. I don't talk anyone. It's my thing but a lot of people show up. It is strange really. It would be nice to go to LA, but oh well.

HumanePain 03-18-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despanan (Post 659511)

I spend too much time online.

Yes you do.

So my daughter lost her ID and is waiting for the replacement to arrive in the mail, but it may not arrive in time for tomorrow's hoot' nanny, and Mrs. Humane is too much of a grandma to party with me, so I will have to go alone. :(

Renatus 03-18-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catch (Post 659527)
Actually, Salt Lake City is the best. I've announced get togethers on the internet past couple of years and last year someone from Texas showed up. I don't talk anyone. It's my thing but a lot of people show up. It is strange really. It would be nice to go to LA, but oh well.

Meh Salt lake city is nothing special, all you have is a salt lake(not even the saltiest lake), whereas Wisconsin has two of the biggest lakes in the world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanePain (Post 659543)
Yes you do.

So my daughter lost her ID and is waiting for the replacement to arrive in the mail, but it may not arrive in time for tomorrow's hoot' nanny, and Mrs. Humane is too much of a grandma to party with me, so I will have to go alone. :(

Poor HP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despanan (Post 659524)
No, the most logical part of the world is NEW YORK CITY because Despanan lives there. Chicago has 100% less Despanan than New York, and Canada is best at NOTHING.

Keep up people.

Well Chicago has the commodities market, and Despanan futures are up 100%.

Catch 03-18-2011 10:17 PM

Don't worry. I have thought of something to assist in the thing!

Fruitbat 03-19-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows (Post 659447)

But MOC is really fruitbat in disguise, and since I can't make it (I'm painting my claws), let MOC go in my place!

I've heard he's a much better dancer than me, plus he won't cover the crowd with guano... :D