Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Because everything in her home is waterproof... (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=9711)

Tha Duckman 02-18-2008 09:31 PM

Because everything in her home is waterproof...

The housewife of 2000 can do her daily cleaning with a hose.

Nevan 02-19-2008 12:14 AM

Ah, the good old days...

Tha Duckman 02-19-2008 12:19 AM

Doesn't it makes you wants to weep a silent tear?

Nevan 02-19-2008 12:41 AM

I sure miss those funky spacesuits we wore...

Tha Duckman 02-19-2008 12:49 AM

Yeah, I remember the Referral Denied spacesuits.

KontanKarite 02-19-2008 07:27 AM

Me too....

Noumi 02-19-2008 07:33 AM

This is brilliant, what's it about???

Valerius 02-19-2008 07:34 AM

I can't access the link. What's in it?

Tam Li Hua 02-19-2008 08:20 AM

The sad thing is, we have the technology for such things...but apparently not the social aptitude.

Valerius 02-19-2008 08:38 AM

Now I see the pic. I was reminded of this old product on shopping channel that was half vacuum cleaner and half hose. It cleaned carpets, wetting and drying them at the same time through a nozzle.

tickingstitch 02-19-2008 12:45 PM

I would not be a good house wife

Lapin 02-19-2008 04:12 PM

I wouldn't be a good wife.

Tha Duckman 02-19-2008 04:13 PM

I would make a kick ass wife.

Lapin 02-19-2008 04:53 PM

If only you didn't have a dick.

Tha Duckman 02-19-2008 05:25 PM

Ah, one rather BIG drawback.

Lapin 02-19-2008 05:33 PM

Your humility is overwhelming.

Please change your avatar.

Xombie 02-19-2008 05:38 PM

No way! I love it. I used to have that picture saved on my computer way back in the day.

Tha Duckman 02-19-2008 05:54 PM

It's either this or the boobs.

Xombie 02-19-2008 05:56 PM

No more boobs. as;lxjes

Tha Duckman 02-19-2008 05:58 PM

Boobs is ACES!

Tam Li Hua 02-19-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
Boobs is ACES!

Yes, but unfortunately, unclothed female bosom isn't work safe. :)

Tha Duckman 02-19-2008 06:36 PM

I could change my title to NSFW.

AngelikDemonik 02-19-2008 06:42 PM

The Good Wife's Guide, 1955.

Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious dinner ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favourite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.

Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. he has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair and if necessary change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.
Be happy to see him.

Listen to him. You may have a dozen things to tell him but the moment of is arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late, or goes out to dinner or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure.

Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. have a warm or cool drink ready for him.

Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.

Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgement or integrity. remember he is the master of the house and as such will always excercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

A good wife always knows her place.

Xombie 02-19-2008 06:53 PM

I could be the perfect house wife (but why would I want to do that?). I'd have my hair perfectly curled, wear a lacy apron and greet my husband with a smile and a kiss every day. I'd wear red lipstick and my teeth would be white. I do hate cooking, though, so that needs to be worked on.

L'Oiseau Noir 02-19-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
The Good Wife's Guide, 1955.

Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious dinner ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favourite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.

Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. he has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair and if necessary change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.
Be happy to see him.

Listen to him. You may have a dozen things to tell him but the moment of is arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late, or goes out to dinner or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure.

Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. have a warm or cool drink ready for him.

Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.

Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgement or integrity. remember he is the master of the house and as such will always excercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

A good wife always knows her place.

If I ever did end up married and my husband expected all this of me, he'd find his ass out in the cold alongside all his belongings a split-second later.