View Single Post
Old 01-01-2004, 08:37 PM   #75
Daz

I'm sitting here listening to the hypnotic beat of the drums in TOOL's "Reflection" which is slowly joined by the mind numbing bass and reminded of a conversation I was having with my brother's friend Dave last night. At some point in our drunken evening, as we were waiting for the stroke of midnight to arrive, we happened upon a phylosophical (sorry) discussion about perception. Basically it went as follows;

How do I know that what I see is what you see. For example, just because what I see is blue does not mean you see the same colour. Sure we are all taught that this certain colour is blue and we all call it blue, so when we see the sky on a clear day we can all say "That is blue". But if I could see through your eyes, would I see what I see through mine?

In actual fact the conversation was a little more involved than that but it lasted about an hour so I've summed it up for obvious reasons.
Thought you all would like a little bit of randomness from the last few minutes of my life from last year :twisted: