View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 06:25 AM   #18
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf
Bitching at him won't change it. Caring will.
They weren't bitching at someone with a specific and viable claim of any kind, they were bitching out a petulant creature for using sever abdominal cramping in his girlfriend as a tool to rant about both illegal minority members receiving health care as well as prank phone calls made by the children of same.

Now read that again - he was using the pain of another to further his own agenda. Sorry, but doing that means you turn in all your "Care for Me" cards and go straight to Fucking Wanker Town. Do not pass Go, do not collect sympathy of any kind.

His girlfriend is the one I extend my heart too, since unnecessary pain is always unwelcome and horrible. Plus, she's stuck with this guy who thinks, at least this time, that she works pretty well as a means to an end. Screw that.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote