Thread: Iraq Revisited
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #156
Darkbender423

Sternn-

I can understand what you are saying about the people of Iraq handling the Sadam but I don't fully agree with you, the people did not have the power they need to overthrow Sadam. Secondly, they were living in a state of fear. You would not last 10 minutes living there and neither would I and you know it. We speak our minds and live outside what is acceptable under that dictatorship. I do believe that those type of issues should be handled from within. I wouldn't want people coming here to overthrow our government for whatever reason. I do however believe that it was needed in that country and that they did need help in doing so. I don't approve of the way the entire thing has been handled though, there were so many mistakes and that is the reason we have all this controversy now. I think it could have been handled in a way that would have been more acceptable in the world view. Things are the way they are now and we haev to figure a diplomatic way to fix the problem and pull our people out without causing a huge nightmare in that country. What do you think would happen there if we were just to leave tommorrow? Do you think things would just fall to peace? I'm sure that we will be out of there before much longer, I hope we will. I'd like to see an end to it so we can have our family members and friends back in one peice.

Don't think for a second that we can't fight them, we could turn that place into a fucking parking lot if we really wanted. Granted the tactics they are using are difficult to combat give the restrictions place on our troops. And I do agree that our troops have become somewhat of a police force, perfoming security and such. I think we have painted ourselves into a corner in some ways and we have to find some way out of it.

You assume that I only watch American news, you don't know what you are talking about once again. I don't like CNN so much and hardly ever watch Fox. I have like 400 channels and I watch news from all over. I try to formulate my own opinions about what I'm being told rather than swollowing what they say. As opposed to some who simply post whatever headline they read. I actually have a mind of my own. The media is a big part of the problem in all of this. There is so much shit flying from every direction it's so stupid. I think all any of us should do is hold out hope for a rational solution that would benifit all invloved. When they bring the war to my door step, I am ready for them. People aren't interested in rationality at this point they are all blinded by hate and rage. It's coming from everywhere and every side is throwing out there own version of how things are and how things should be. No one is taking time to think of a real solution that will work. War, terrorism, murder, genocide, espionage, greed, oppression, lies, torture----these are the things that are holding our world prisoner a slave to suffering!!
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote