View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 09:20 AM   #19
DarkHeartedDemoness

Guys that like me for who I am, not for how I compare to other girls, are always great. I don't want to hear about your ex unless it's a really funny story or pertinent to a conversation we need to have concerning our relationships. That means no bringing her up in casual conversation unless you want me to be pissed and to hate myself for being pissed.

If I ask you "Do I look fat in this?", I prefer a truthful answer. I know my body isn't perfect, and if my jeans fit me in such a way that I look like I have elephant-thighs, I'd rather know before I leave the house. I understand that just because my jeans aren't flattering that doesn't mean you think I'm fat-- but be sure to phrase it carefully, because you better not call me fat. If my jeans DO make me look fat, please tell me before I leave while I still have time to change. Telling me as we're walking in to a restaurant will just make my self-esteem plummet until I can change.

It's a delicate situation, I know. Handle with care.

Don't tell me you love me because you think I expect it. If you feel like saying that you love me, say it, but don't use it so much that it loses its meaning. Don't be offended if I don't tell you I love you as much as you tell me you love me. That doesn't mean I love you less than you love me. It means that I am less expressive.

It's ok to call me when you're "just thinking about me", unless it's the 3rd time you've called and I'm with my best friend from high school who happens to be male. Jealousy is unbecoming. If you really are "just thinking about me", a text message with a sweet little missive is plenty when I'm out with my friends, male or female. I don't mean to be ungrateful, and I still love you, but sometimes I want to just hang out with my friends.

If we're hanging out and you leave the room, please follow this protocol: If you're going to be back within 10 minutes, you don't have to say anything. If you're going to be longer, please tell me what's going on or I'll get pissed.

If you receive a phone call when we're hanging out, it's perfectly acceptable to take the call. That being said, please limit the time you're on the phone. Also, I'm curious by nature-- It's preferable that you comment on the conversation you just had when you get off the phone. I'm not prying into the intimate details of your life, "work stuff" is a perfectly acceptable comment.

Is that enough, or should I keep going?
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote