View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 07:25 PM   #28
ice

This is not directed as an attack, but Dr. "Beppo" Mengele.

Born March 16, 1911 to Karl and Walburga Mengele. Two brothers: Karl (Jr.) and Alois Mengele.

October 1930, Joseph left home for Medicinal and Anthropological schooling.

1937 joins Nazi party, number 5574974.

1938 joins SS, later welcomed into the Waffen SS. Also he received his Medical degree.

1941-42 goes to Eastern front as a Medic, earns two Iron Crosses for bravery.

1943-45 becomes a "doctor" in Auschwitz, in which he attended as many "Selektions" as he could, yelling out "Zwillinge, zwillenge!" (Twins, twins!). One of his experiments went as follows:
"One day Mengele brought chocolate and special cloths. The next day, SS men came and took two children away... one of them was a hunchback. Two or three days later, an SS man brought them back... they had been cut, the hunchback was sewn to the other child, back to back, their wrists back to back too. There was a terrible smell of gangrene, the cuts were dity..."

Well, not that I wouldn't be curious about how long twins could function and stay alive sewn together, but it is psuedo-science holding little or no scientific value. This is but one "experiment" he did upon children.

All I'm saying is he ain't the best choice to use when naming doctors for science's sake.

*quote taken from page 37, and various info from Mengele, the Complete Story. 1986, Gerald Posner and John Ware.

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning