Thread: Evolution
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #16
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
A very heated argument.
There's the opinion in favor of evolution, the opinion in favor of creationism, and the opinion of intelligent design.
This topic is already failed. There is the fact of evolution, the myth of creationism, and the psuedoscience of intelligent design. Let's get that much straight. Then we could proceed. Intelligent design is not proven at all, and has been disproven the entire way. Scientists WISH there was such a thing, but there isn't.

Creationism claims the earth is 6-10 thousand years old, and radio-dating techniques prove this irrevocably wrong.

Evolution is a fact, and can be observed in our fossil records, microbiology, and even some recent changes of animals. Evolution is the only safe answer currently, until a competing SCIENTIFIC theory can take it out--which I doubt.

Quote:
If there's another point of view in this, let me know, but don't come up to me with other means of creation other than creationism which is strictly speaking of the judeochristian creation. It would be ridiculous to mention all religious ideas of the beginning and this would stop being a semi-scientifical debate and would become a complaint for religious tolerance.
This will not be a scientific debate at all. This is going to be a mud-slinging match. Evolution = fact. Every other explanation is not even a runner up. It's just nonsense.

Quote:
Anyway, first I want to make a request. Anyone that posts here has to post something relevant (almost needless to say) and something that can be backed up. No arbitrary statements or "they say" claims. I don't think it would have been something common, but it wasn't harmful to mention it.
Also, don't answer with rhetorical questions. Those are really unnecessary and annoying.
Right.

Quote:
Anyway, let's begin with the vaguest question I can think of.
When talking about evolution, where does evidence point to? (plus examples of this)
Fossil records, microbiology, Darwin's famous finches, etc. etc.
Onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote