View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 07:55 PM   #83
CptSternn

Loy - my point exactly (well, the personal vs. the society with ethics and morals).

And yes, to some extent your are right when you make a snide, but yet true comment about my personal morals. Many would not agreed with the things I do, support, or am willing to do. Of course I personally think of it like the scene in Gross Point Blank when yer man explains his career like this, 'I have a set of morals that the military found to be...flexible'.

In the end, I do what I do to futher the cause of greater good. My whole life is basically screwed. Started as such, and I'm sure will end as such. Bouncing from ophanages to foster home to other homes and then being bounced around the legal system and thrown in the military didn't help either. I'm not making excuses, just telling it like it happened. I'm not proud of alot of it, but I'm also by no means ashamed.

But back to the main topic here - my morals, as all moral, do not change. Only the reflection of my acts, through what society calls ethics change. Killing is wrong. I don't think because I did it for a good reason makes it any better. What I do know is at the end of the day, other people won't have to deal with the life I lead or put up with the pain I suffer because of what I do. That doesn't make it anymore right, just makes it tollerable ethically by parts of society who empathize with my actions.

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote