View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 04:01 AM   #27
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I also feel grateful of the simple quality of being and believe in Pirsig's metaphysics of quality.
That doesn't make me a pagan; it makes me a human.
The way in which I give my thanks, the deity names I speak ( when I speak them ) , the rites I choose to do. They are what makes me a pagan. That and the aforementioned attribution of deity to the earth and the natural world. Many modern pagans look to how deity was originally " worshipped " ( I am hesitant of that word ), the rites and rituals, the words and names used, and base their practices on that. You could say it was part faith and part historical revival. Either way I feel there is a higher " force " and it feels appropriate to me, to connect with that through paganism and as much of the old ways as I am able.

Christians give their thanks and prayers to God in a church. Different denominations of Christianity do it in different ways. Muslims give their thanks and devotions to Allah in a Mosque, Jews give theirs in a Synagogue and so on and so forth . Some people do it in groups, others alone .

All these faiths give their own thanks accompanied with the various rituals and words, in their own ways to their own deities.

All that differs is the names of deity, the number , the various ways of "connecting" .

You say you feel grateful for simply being? great. You don't feel the need to give your gratitude to anything other than perhaps biology and just the plain fact that you exist. That is your way of doing things. You feel it and move on with life. I do the same, just in a different way.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote