View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #35
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn

Christians give their thanks and prayers to God in a church. Different denominations of Christianity do it in different ways. Muslims give their thanks and devotions to Allah in a Mosque, Jews give theirs in a Synagogue and so on and so forth . Some people do it in groups, others alone .

All these faiths give their own thanks accompanied with the various rituals and words, in their own ways to their own deities.

All that differs is the names of deity, the number , the various ways of "connecting" .
That's an interesting way of looking at it. However, why do you feel that Pagan rites are the best way to worship this force? Why do they seem more appropriate to you than the Jewish, Christian and Muslim traditions? They just do, for a reason you can't explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_t
I have a very personal and close relationship with the Divine, who I recognise has more than one facet to it's being and more than one name.
You seem to maintain a theism that you've defined on your own terms, through personal experience and understanding, which process I can totally understand. What I'm asking is why certain people see sets of traditions, organized religions- Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Pagan faiths, etc- and pick one as the 'right' way to worship god.

Quote:
Discussion of religion always ends bad. No one is unbiased. Not even my Protestant-hating self.
What do you consider 'bad'? People arguing on the internet in a relatively civil manner? You haven't been around the www much, have you?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote